The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How to make a Roleplay intresting and last quite a long time  (Read 945 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: How to make a Roleplay intresting and last quite a long time
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »
Do you know the difference between super powers and magic?
Super powers are unnatural feats that come naturally, needing little to no energy to prepare (eye lasers). While magic may take from a few seconds to as far as several years depending on how complex and powerful the spell is, and not without a price equal to or more than the magnitude of the spell(Immense power at the cost of flesh or mind).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:57:06 PM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »
I understand the difference between magic and super powers... Super powers coming naturally and needing training, but once mastered creates a powerful force
magic you need to give equal measure of energy to cast a spell, without energy, you start to give your whole being away to the spell

i mean by boring character, i mean like your Average Joe type person. Like a Lawyer or Office worker or something... but they adapt to their current situation, like say.. a city got hit by a massive earthquake, their survival instincts kick in and they learn as they survive how to do/make certain things that normally wouldn't be accessible under normal circumstances

but what do you mean by 'exploit' a blank character, explain what you mean...

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 04:38:35 AM »
i mean by boring character, i mean like your Average Joe type person. Like a Lawyer or Office worker or something... but they adapt to their current situation, like say.. a city got hit by a massive earthquake, their survival instincts kick in and they learn as they survive how to do/make certain things that normally wouldn't be accessible under normal circumstances

Yes, exactly.

By exploiting a blank character position, I mean let people know the character is free for anyone who may want to play as them. If someone messages you saying "Oh hey, yeah, I can play that character for you!" and you say "Awesome. Here's what's happened so far...(insert summary)." That is exploiting a character position. But if no one replies who wants to play them you can either: play as them or kill them off.