The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Move those Feet.  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Move those Feet.
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »
Me and a friend of mine jog almost everywhere we go, so long as its outdoors. I've learned to jog for extremely long amounts of time; my longest practical trip was for about fourty minutes to get to my local Fred Meyers (for a 25¢ Donut of course). My longest actual trip was for about an hour and a half, running randomly around Tumwater where I felt. Jogging is pretty easy stuff: I don't get winded at all, but my legs sometimes hurt.

I never mall walk really... if I can walk faster without taking any energy, why not? If I have to walk, I walk as fast as I can with long loping strides. I'm probably noticed quite a bit in school with my way of walking.

I can also run for a good amount of time, at a nice pace. I didn't count time, but I ran next to my friend on a scooter for a third of a mile to his house. That tired me out...

I'm really not as impressive sprinting: I can sprint for maybe half-a-minute at around 17 mph or something like that. If I have room to take huge strides, then I'm able to go for about a minute.

So guys, how do you prefer to get your move on?

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
Re: Move those Feet.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:17:21 PM »
Mall Walk

but depending on the case ... if i'm getting chased ... its a full sprint ... with all my showing off traits
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »
Well, I chose "mall walk", but now that I think about it, I do more fast walking. I guess I could say I prefer mall walking, but usually end up fast walking because I have places I need to get to quickly (like walking across campus to get to my classes).

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »
Power walk.
:'D
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 12:15:01 AM »
I do Jewish Russian dancing for Fiddler On The Roof.

Dai dai dai dai dai dai dai dai. I'm starting to like the musical.

Back to topic, I powerwalk.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »
New shoes: I ran three quarters of a mile to get to this library (just so I could talk with all my Furry friends, mind) in ten minutes, without getting winded. Good fun.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum. This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »
I used to do about 9 miles a day with leg-weights on (5 pound per leg)... but I've fallen from that habit.

Offline Grey_Wulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I feel stupid AND CONTAGIOUS!
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampiric Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Grey
  • Height: 5 ft 11
  • Weight: about 140 pounds
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:24:08 PM »
I usually wither jog, or power walk, sprint if I need to feel the burn or if I'm the woods (of, course, this includes lentof ducking, juming ad dodging.)
"I know an ash-tree stands called yggdrasil
a high tree, soaked with shing loam;
from there come the dews which fall in the valley,
ever green, it stands over the well of fate."
The Poetic Edda - Seeress's prophecy 19.1

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
I walk slowly, gently and yet still manage to be faster than half my family. I like to take my time and enjoy my surroundings... that said, my surroundings arent very enjoyable. I live in the bad part of a bad city. It's nasty... but still, the sun is nice, the rain is nice, and where there is grass, i always walk on it.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Ricco92

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Success is never enough, everyone must fail
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure White with red highlights on the tips
  • Height: 6ft 5inches
  • Weight: 79 kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »
yer  im a very quick walker
unless im wit my friends  thn i hav to walk at their pace which i swear culd hold up a funeral