The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Modern Warfare 2
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Anyone seen the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiFSSpYdPuc

I can't wait!!!

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
Meh while it will probably be a good game I think it's a bit overhyped. It's not going to be the groundbreaking gift from the heavens people seem to think it will be.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »
Meh while it will probably be a good game I think it's a bit overhyped. It's not going to be the groundbreaking gift from the heavens people seem to think it will be.

I'm mainly looking forward to it because it's from Call of Duty. Call me a fanboy but I really hope it's not like Killzone 2 or something. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a futuristic battle scenario. I wouldn't necessarily call this game groundbreaking but it does look really fun.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:21:54 AM »
I actually liked Killzone 2, it was a very intense shooter. Sure it lacked a decent storyline but its combat high is unrivaled.

MW2 will be a decent game. The story from CoD4 was fun and I liked the ending were a lot hated it. I don't see them really topping that but I'm sure it will be a decent game anyways

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »
I actually liked Killzone 2, it was a very intense shooter. Sure it lacked a decent storyline but its combat high is unrivaled.

MW2 will be a decent game. The story from CoD4 was fun and I liked the ending were a lot hated it. I don't see them really topping that but I'm sure it will be a decent game anyways

I actually prefer CoD5 over 4. I know they were made on the same engines but I really enjoy WWII type shooters (w/ decent graphics). Cod4 was very good too but a lot of people didn't think highly of CoD5 for some reason. I tried Killzone 2 for a day, did pretty well on the servers but it wasn't that appealing to me.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »
Im talking about campaign wise. Killzone Multiplayer is a bit crazy by any standards and its not very balanced. CoD5 is actually a good game, I love zombie mode its one of my favorite modes to play

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »
Im talking about campaign wise. Killzone Multiplayer is a bit crazy by any standards and its not very balanced. CoD5 is actually a good game, I love zombie mode its one of my favorite modes to play

Yeah, zombie mode is pretty epic...especially if you have the newest map pack.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:17:04 PM »
I saw the trailers...i'm probably gonna buy it.

i'm a FPS addict though Lol

as for WaW...i need to get the new map pack still..i want to play the new zombies...

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
 Cod4 was very good too but a lot of people didn't think highly of CoD5 for some reason.
Well I dont like COD5 because the single player campaign just really grated against me. I didnt play a lot but it seemed that every time I got past a hard bit, and felt like I achieved something, they throw it back in my face and make something bad happen. I wanna be congratulated on my skill, not beaten down constantly for no good reason. being grim isnt enough. If it's gonna be grim, make it beautiful and rewarding in its grimness, not just punishing for the sake of it.

Also, invisible walls in ridiculous places, like open doors. Why would you put an invisible wall on an open door? It boggles the mind. If it wasnt for this kind of stuff, I probably would have enjoyed it, and would have tried to go through the whole game.

As for Modern Warfare 2 it doesnt feel like it's as big a jump as COD1 to COD2, or COD2 to COD4. But we'll see. I'll probably buy it, but I wont be rushing for it. and plus, i've had the most enjoyment out of COD2 so far. Maybe because it doesnt have such story heavy sequences, so I can play it again and again and again. As an experience, Modern Warfare is definitely the best though.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project