The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Manakete's Strife!  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure Wolf
  • Coloring: credit to wallace on deviantart for this nifty avi
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: is almost 200lb
  • Build: Pretty masculine
Manakete's Strife!
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:37:02 PM »
Alright I know that I haven't been online in a LONG time, but I graduated few days ago and now have time to actually remember things like this! (FRESHMAN NEXT YEAR).

By the way the idea that I have is still in a "beta" stage, and I will welcome constructive criticism and ideas openly. (yes this has a lot of fire emblem references)
I also apologize for the amount of time it takes to read this post.

Long before any other race stepped foot on the world of Domihov, the Manaketes lived in harmony on only on area of the world, Dehlreen.  Dehlreen is a vast area covered by volcanoes, tremors and earthquakes occur often, only toughening any race able to withstand the difficult conditions.  The Manaketes fit in perfectly for this region, and for a reason none other know of, only live in this region.  The Manakete are a race of dragons whom, on birth, store their dragonic energies into a stone.  Each stone is plucked directly from inside the nearest volcano, and while still hot most easily accepts their energies.  The two main types of Manakete are Divine Dragons, and Fire Dragons.  Each with their respective stones, Divine Stone, and Fire Stone.  The Fire Dragons Make up the main force of the Manakete armies (which would come in handy later on).  The Divine Dragons are wise, and think beyond what any other Manakete would, and initially make up the political force of the noble race.  Of course in a fight their not bad either.  The lesser Manakete are known as the Copper, or in some instances, Pink Dragons.  These Smaller, less intelligent, group of Manakete do all of the manual labor.  Which is entirely hunting, and building tunnel networks.

As far as the noble race was concerned, the only combat required was to keep the Copper Dragons under control, and Squash any pirating group of Fire Dragons that showed up.  Other than that they were a very peaceful race, and on occasion offered aid to that of a new, smallish race of creatures called, Nuroms.  (more details on Nuroms later)  Unfortunately their dull-awareness and lack of foresight is what nearly destroyed the race completely.  One of the Divine Dragons, called Portifox, had been secretly raising a rebellion force to overthrow the current Sovereign of Lord Caither, highest official among all the Manakete.  Portifox had had over half of the Fire Dragons under his control, and the majority of the Copper Dragons ready to spring into action, usually used as bait.  Only recently had the rest of the Divine Order created a working Calendar(similar to ours, haven't come up with new names for the months), and the beginning of a new year had been forever marked as an evil day, for on that day Portifox assassinated Lord Caither, and several other of the Divine Dragon Order.  The main body of the Fire Dragon force had already been defeated, and what remaining Manakete were being finished off.

While Portifox had already assumed total control over Dehlreen, he was terrified.  One of the newborn Divine Dragons could not be found, and he had received reports that some of the Fire Dragons were missing from their domiciles.  Lord Caither's son had escaped with an elite troop of Fire Dragons.  Portifox knew they could not have gotten far, and immediately dispatched his soldiers to find the prince.  Many of Portifox's subjects had encountered the Prince several times, but always his Guard slew the enemy.  He had a successful escape with three Elite Fire Dragons, and over the next 15 years, they hid... and trained.  At the age of 23 the Prince was stronger than any other Divine Dragon in history - Other than Portifox.

Meanwhile, another race sprang into existence.  This race had two different branches.  The Touched, whom wielded various kinds of what came to be called Majike.  The other a class of various swordsman.  The Furry race grew intensely quick since Portifox began to arrange his rebellion.  The Swordsman were not only skilled with the sword, but some were also adept with the bow, if not preferred it, while other rode mounts, or even a combination of the two.  The Touched had the abilities to use stanchions (staves), or even control the elements using Tomes(similar to the Manakete stones).  The humans split into five separate nations.  Altinea, the north-western Kingdom, closest to Dehlreen, yet separated by the Nuroms.  Gruxon, the southern Empire, and flourished off trade.  Veron, the island realm to the east, and held the greatest naval capabilities.  Finally, the Archino Kingdom, and Greatest of them all, and a very close ally to Veron.  Resides in the North-Eastern region.  Each nation held their various wars, dealt with pirates, attempted occupations, but the one nation that never lost a war, never was even close to being occupied(also never tried occupying) was Archino, and the great Divine Dragon Prince and his loyal crew sought refuge in the mountains along the borderline between Archino and Altinea, never troubled, plenty of water, and plenty of food.

On the 29th year of creating a spy network among all the nations, Dehlreen had discovered the location of the young Prince and sent his most trusted Captain to eliminate the threat....

Character:

The list below is the list of characters that need to be filled if this rp is to wholesome(not all required).  I will be taking the role of the Archinoan Prince, Zephyr.    The ones marked with a + are the ones that are required for the rp to begin.

Archinoan King -
+Archinoan Prince - Zephyr (Artemis)
+Divine Dragon Prince - Chiron (Chrono)
+Portifox - (the only thing controlled about this character is the name)
+Divine Dragon Mentor -
+Fire Dragon1 -  Sarahasgre
+Fire Dragon2 -
Archinoan Soldier1 - Kronen
Archinoan Soldier2 -    (these three are Zephyr's beginning companions)
Archinoan Soldier3 -
+Portifox's 2nd in Command -
Gruxon King -
Gruxon Prince -
Gruxon General -
Altinea Queen -
Altinea General -
Veron King -
Veron Princess -
Veron General -

This list will be updated as the role play progresses.

Touched Classes:
                           Healers uses these select staves :    Heal - fixes minor wounds.    Mend - repairs more severe wounds.   Warp - Warps a friendly anywhere.  Psychic - Heals over a distance.
                           Curate - Male Healer
                           Cleric - Female Healer
                           Maj - Male or Female caster.  Can use Fire and Bolt.  Pretty self explanatory.
                           Bishop - Can use Staves and Majike. Promoted Curate or Cleric.
                           Sage - Much Stronger than a Maj, and can Tempest and Demi-Fire.  Promoted Maj.
Bowman Classes:
                         Archer - Uses all sorts of bows.  Weaker than a Hunter but with higher defence.
                         Sniper - Stronger, quicker, and can fire over a larger range.  Promoted Archer.
                         Hunter - Stronger than an Archer, but lack of defence causes more casualties to this unit.
                         Horseman - Mounted Hunter.  Higher defence, and can move over areas much faster.  Can also wield swords.
Swordsman Classes:
                              Cavalier - Mounted soldier, and uses swords and lances.
                              Paladin - Promoted Cavalier unit.  Higher defence, and can move over further distances.
                              Myrmidon - Sword wielding unit specialized in dealing Critical wounds.
                              Swordsman - Promoted Myrmidon.  Deals even more severe critical wounds.
                              Mercenary - Expert swordsman, can use all types of blades, and a strong enough Merc. can easily take out a few Cavalier.
                              Hero - Promoted Mercenary, equipped with shield, higher defence, and is even stronger.
Axeman Classes :
                         Fighter - Basic Axe using class, strong, but with low defence.
                         Pirate - Alternate Axe using class with higher defence, and faster movement speed.
Lance-man classes :
                             Knight - Heavily heavily armored soldier wielding various types of lances, and can take a large beating.
                             General - Promoted Knight, much higher defence and attack damage.
                             Pegasus  Knight - Flying unit wielding specialized lances to take out cavalier troop.(wing lance)

Character Description:

Name:
Class: (touched, swordsman, bowman, etc.)
Species: (fox, wolf, cat, dragon, gecko, etc.)
Faction: (right now only Archino, Dehlreen, and Escapees are available)
Character: (Divine Dragon Prince, Archinoan Soldier1, etc.)
History: (If Portifox, Prince, or either of the Fire Dragons, no need for this)
Personality:
Description: (main features of your character)
Weapon:
Misc1:
Misc2:
Misc3:
etc.

Name: Zephyr
Class: Mercenary
Species: Full-breed Wolf.
Faction: Archino
Character: Archinoan Prince
History: The most infamous group of Pirates, the Ghoul-Sires, were utterly decimated by the Prince's small army.  Other small expeditions, such as purging a village, or gathering information was also achieved by Zephyr either alone, or with his companions.  Fell in love only once, but the woman of his life was murdered by Gruxon soldiers, which ignited the First all-out war between Archino and Gruxon, eventually leading to Gruxon being crushed.  The King thought of occupying the faction, but Zephyr convinced him otherwise.
Personality: Very very shy, but after a few years somewhat opens up to whomever is in contact with him long enough.  Very ambitious, and will not settle for second best at anything.  Modest for being a Prince.
Description: (the image wouldn't show up so here's the link) http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf%20demon/RoninDemonWolf/Wolf_Demon.jpg
Weapon:  A Steel Blade horizontally along the back of the waist, and a Silver Sword diagonally along the back, hilt by the left shoulder.
Misc1:  Wears the clothing of a Soldier not in armor, with a few slight differences.
Misc2: One eye is blue, and the other is yellow

Have any questions?  Feel free to PM me or ask here.  I'll be stalking the forums unless I have to go do something.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:24:35 PM by Artemis The Flame »
The kind of people who take the lead, are the ones who die most famously.
Those who follow, die in peace.
Which one would you prefer?

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Manakete's Strife!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
Name: Chiron
Class: Hero (or mercenary)
Species: Dragon
Faction: Escapees
Character Divine Dragon Prince
History:
Personality: Confident in his abilities, sometimes arrogant or cocky, but usually puts others before himself.
Desc.: Somewhat musclar build, and his scales have an unusual glow, but its too faint to notice in daylight.
Weapon: A scimitar he forged himself, and after going into combat with it, decided to call it 'Wrath' and started adding enchantments
Misc1: He wears white-red robes over his body and other accessories to hide his appearance while he goes into markets for supplies

Misc2: Has in-bred knowledge on how to fight using his claws as weapons.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:07:38 PM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »
Me likey!!  Also guys, if someone has picked hero, mercenary, or something else, try not to be the same thing.  Cavalier, Fighter, Maj, and the healers are the only exceptions :)

Post Merge: May 25, 2009, 05:24:55 PM
On another note:  You are available to have two or three characters unless you are Divine Dragon Prince, Archinoan Prince, or Portifox.  Otherwise feel free to apply for another character or two.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:27:37 PM by Artemis »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:34:12 AM »
Name: Sarahasgre
Class: Maj
Species: Dragon
Faction: Escapee
Character: Fire Dragon1
History: N/A
Personality: very intrusive, stand-offish, quite odd at first meeting.
Description: Glowing purple irises in golden background, glittery red, orange and yellow scales
Weapon: Teeth, claws, tail spikes, and somewhat mastery of magic.
Misc1: Rebellious and angry 24/7
Misc2: Never turns her back on enemies or friends
Misc3: Utterly irreplaceable in battle, Sarahasgre can smell 'evil' intents a hundred miles away and can easily break most opponents in half before she is detected.

Better idea; In dragon form, she can sense most moods and predict the outcomes of certain moves, much like a chess player. Her skill is limited to being extremely strong in dragon but a little above average in any other "humane" form.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:45:10 PM by Kahlua the Wounded »
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »
king, I think that makes you an Escapee if you a red dragon, or am I at fault too  ???
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »
No chrono you're right.  Plus if you're a cleric, you don't fight.  Also your not in dragon form 100% of the time, Manaketes are usually in their more "humane" form, and only use their stones to transform into their respective dragon forms, and fight.  Since you're a cleric (unless you wish to change) you pretty much don't fight at all...  Also just because you are a Manakete doesn't automatically mean that you rip through enemy lines easily.  Dragons are only a little stronger than most furries and Nuroms.  Not all furries or Nuroms, only the townsfolk and fresh recruits.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:38 PM »
Name: Kronen Allwissend
Class: Swordsman, Myrmidon
Species: Human
Faction: Archino
Character: Archinoan Soldier
History: He has always enjoyed inflicting pain and misery on those who deserve it, and because of this he was made Head Executioner of Archino, where he would set a gruesome stage for his malevolent justice. Soon after, his position would be taken from him due to his "inhumane" methods of torture and exectution.
Personality: Cruel and horrific. He likes to neutralize enemies quickly, but not before messing with their heads, and have them die of exsanguination as a result of thier injuries.
Description: {[I think I'll describe this in the RP, is that fine?]}
Weapon: Pappenheimer hilt Rapier
Misc1: Has a Triquetra on the back of his right hand [|]
Misc2: His mask's expression changes depending on the current situation and/or mood[|]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:54:28 AM by DeNihil, Reason: Changed image link on Misc2 »

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 11:13:17 PM »
Uhhh, your character description kind of goes against what Archino is all about.  If you were like that you would've most likely been exiled...  guess you'll have to be the exception  :D   By the way, don't let your "personality" get in the way of what your objectives are.  Bad things will happen if you do, and they will make people sad :sniffle:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:18:09 PM by Artemis The Flame »

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
Oh, I get it, like a Karma system or something? Well, Archino probably couldn't afford to have anyone else have Kronen Allwissend on their side.

Note that it says "He has always enjoyed inflicting pain and misery on those who deserve it." So he's not gonna just start torturing people to get his jollies.

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »
I know that.  That's why I didn't ask you to change it  :D

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »

switched it around... how's that?
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »
sorry for most likely being a pest, but you still have to change the faction to Escapee.  Just because you're in the Archino western mountains does not mean you are a part of Archino.  

Archino and the other countries DO NOT have dragons within their populace.  The other creatures that the Dragons deal with, other than themselves, are the Nuroms.  If your Fire Dragon1 or 2, or the Mentor to the Divine Dragon Prince, then you are an Escapee.

On another note: just because you are in Archino does not mean that you associate with us.  The escapees chose the mountains for a reason, no creatures live up there, except those to hunt. (Dehlreen knows all about all other creatures, but remain unnoticed to all except the Nuroms.  Of course until now.  The plot to that, however, will unfold in the actual rp.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:07:01 AM by Artemis The Flame »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:46:18 PM »
Edited. Sorry, I've been all over the place recently. Trying to organize thought process is killer. Anyways, I think that's a bit better?
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Yup, that's good!  Now we only need a few more characters.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »
hmm.... Round-up? I'll see if I can grab a few more furs. Can't guarantee anything though.
Your Worst Nightmare