Author Topic: The Tail...  (Read 2021 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: The Tail...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »
Animals are still cool, even if they don't have tails. =D

Offline Adura

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm secretly a raver. And a punk. And a metalhead.
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
  • Coloring: black and white
  • Height: 6 feet 2 inches
  • Weight: 190lbs
  • Build: trim and athletic but not bulky or muscular
Re: The Tail...
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »
Okay. Do not be mad, just ponder with me. Is there a way to make a tail on a humanoid bipedal form not a hindrance or threat to that form?

No fur-bashing here. I [theoretically] love tails! Just wanting a good argument against some rather critical cohorts of mine, something scientifically sound.

They say:

1. Tails are a continuation of the spine, therefore they are susceptible to very painful strains and breaks easily.

2. Tails could become broken easily by a fall onto the normally fleshy hind-end of the body, which may have adverse effects on the tailbone (and if the tailbone breaks, this could result in local or extended paralysis.

3. Tails would be very sensitive to pulling and pulling would be uncomfortable to the recipient, like having one's spine supposedly yanked (and that, obviously, could cause some health problems).

Any realistic counters to these points are very appreciated. And don't say "it's fantasy, just try to have fun" or you might as well be adding fuel to their combined fire.

your flawless logic is not welcome here. (joking)
I enjoy long walks on the beach, getting stuck in the rain and a good mosh pit on the weekends.