The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: this cross my mind.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
this cross my mind.
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:09:01 PM »
this is a weird thought but I was wonder that if you die in a nightmare you can never wake up. I remember first seeing that im a batman episode and from then on out I've always wondered that, and I wanted to hear other people's thoughts on it
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
Re: this cross my mind.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
your asking if you die in a nightmare, will you never wake up?

absolutely not, ive died in nightmares before and i woke up...unless... this is all just a nightmare and im actually in a stasis mode, questioning my own awakefulness in this dream world O_O
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
It's possible, but there would have to be other circumstances surrounding the death; you wouldn't die JUST because you had a nightmare. Like, maybe if you had a heart attack because the nightmare was too intense for you, or if you just happened to have a nightmare the night you were going to die anyway.

If it were possible to die because of the nightmare alone, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now, too.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Mewgia (Mew/Lugia hybrid)
  • Coloring: Pink 'n' Blue
  • Height: 1' 5"
  • Weight: 8.8 lbs
  • Build: Small and thin :3
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »
It's possible, but there would have to be other circumstances surrounding the death; you wouldn't die JUST because you had a nightmare. Like, maybe if you had a heart attack because the nightmare was too intense for you, or if you just happened to have a nightmare the night you were going to die anyway.

If it were possible to die because of the nightmare alone, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now, too.

Umm.. wait.. if you happened to have a nightmare in the night you were going to die, then you wouldn't know you had a nightmare.. you died, right?
I are a Mewgia 8D Deal with the cute >83

Offline The Bovine Rodent

• Boisterous Bear
  • The burnt fire dancer.
    • Awards
  • Species: Pine Marten/Roan Antelope (shapeshifter)
  • Coloring: Tawny; black wrists/ankles
  • Build: A bit on the pudgy side
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:59 PM »
It's been proven that dying in a dream doesn't mean you'll die in real life. The urban legend gained so much momentum that they actually did a whole study on it. You can die in your sleep, but not just from dying in a dream.

Pets name: Jaden
Adopt your own!
'Tis brillig, and those danged slithy toves won't stop their gyrin' and their gimblin'.
We're dressed in our best, and prepared to go down like gentlemen- Benjamin Guggenheim and his valet, 1st class titanic casualties

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:41 PM »

Umm.. wait.. if you happened to have a nightmare in the night you were going to die, then you wouldn't know you had a nightmare.. you died, right?

You wouldn't, but that's beside the point. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kadejtaal

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
It's been proven that dying in a dream doesn't mean you'll die in real life. The urban legend gained so much momentum that they actually did a whole study on it. You can die in your sleep, but not just from dying in a dream.

Interesting, I actually died a few times in my dreams. Well, not really. I woke up a second before dying, and at those times, shivers crossed my whole body, and I could feel it outside my dream, if you get my rift. I guess that pushed me to believe that dying in dreams really made you die, since I never actually died in dreams.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:28:49 AM »
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Mewgia (Mew/Lugia hybrid)
  • Coloring: Pink 'n' Blue
  • Height: 1' 5"
  • Weight: 8.8 lbs
  • Build: Small and thin :3
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:43 PM »
Has anyone have that dream where there's an old woman pressing hard onto your chest? I haven't and I don't want to have it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=3uMIGyirInIC&pg=PA143&lpg=PA143&dq=dream+about+being+pushed+on+chest&source=bl&ots=lYncv53ZIc&sig=PtuiFh_BwUQzyzgwXNzb9euqSig&hl=en&ei=S4DuSYDsGofGMoiN0O0P&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

...!

The pressure or pushing on the body may be so intense that the person feels as though s/he is being pushed or pulled into the bed.

That happened to me a couple of times... I felt like was pushed really hard and woke up suddenly, gasping for air.. Not good, believe me, it's scary....
I are a Mewgia 8D Deal with the cute >83

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 01:19:40 AM »
Lawl. I don't get nightmares ever. It'd be a fun change for once to have one.

Scyler

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:24:54 AM »
I don't even have dreams anymore. T^T

Offline Talon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Eagle
  • Coloring: Blue wings, light blue fur
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 87
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »
Ha.
I once had a nightmare where [name undisclosed or something], [not mentioning this, either], and I were running away from a horde of bugs.  Like, some were the size of my head, some were the size of my nail, etc.  Me, [you get], and [the point] ran to my old apartment complex in [town classified].  When we got there, all the doors were locked, and we wee backed up against the wall.
DREAM END.
I woke up in a cold sweat.  I hate waking up in a cold sweat.  D:

Anyway, yeah, I'm insectiphobic. 
And I'm very secretive...
-eyes shift to the mods-
AHEM.

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:15:30 AM »
I don't even have dreams anymore. T^T

is that even possible? maybe you just dont remember them, which is good since if you remember your dreams it means something is disturbing your sleep
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-