The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A cold, cold morning at the Tavern.  (Read 3729 times)

crustybread5

A cold, cold morning at the Tavern.
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »
(ooc// Wooo! My first RP here! Anywho, just going to be a regular one with normal plus a few extra rules. 'Cause I'm picky!

Ok first extra rule. See this 'ere list? ----> 1)crustybread5 (Marmaduke Glitterwing). Well it will be soon.I'm going to put another one at the bottom, it will show me who's who and the order you appear it will show you when it is your time to post as well.

Next rule. I only want 6, yes 6 characters max. Because I'll get all confused about everything and I prefer smaller RPs, because they are easier to follow.

Rule number 3, never under any circumstances post without using grammar, proper spellings and punctuation. Other wise I will cut your hands off and never let you come to my RPs again.

Rule 4. NO WEAPONS/MAGIC ALLOWED! 1, because I don't like violence in my RP and 2, there's already lots of violent RPs here.

Rule 5. You can play only two characters max. Ohhh kay. I think that's all the rules!)

Setting: The morning sun shone over the hills flooding the valley with golden light. The morning itself was cold, after the cloudless night leaving behind a thick carpet of frost. A small river wound its way through the valley. Surrounding this was a village. Made up of several smallholdings, a tavern in it's centre and about 20 or so wooden huts. One of which had been converted into a school. Beyond this village a dark, dense forest sprawled up towards the summits of the hills.

Inside the tavern the atmosphere was warm and comforting. A roaring fire cast dancing shadows across the room as the morning light filtered in through the dirty windows. A shady character sat in the corner by the fireplace. Huddled up in dark robes it was impossibly to tell the species of this furson. The barfurson was out the back connecting a new supply of fresh ale to the pumps. It was also difficult to see who they were as well.

(ooc// Ok, I want people to take the character slots of the shady character and the bar tender. They will take on the form of your fursona and you can controll them as you wish. Just to give people something to go on and hopefully make it more interesting.)

Crusty's band of motley lot.
1) crustybread5 (Marmaduke Glitterwing, Marmy for short.)
2) crustybread5 (Ianto Veinsonhaur)
3)HybridX (shady character)
4)Theridos
5)Nyx
6Bethanie (bar tender/wench)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:04:17 PM by crustybread5 »

crustybread5

Re: A cold, cold morning at the Taven.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »
Marmaduke and Ianto trudged into the Tavern wet and cold. Their journey was long. The tavern was a welcoming. They bathed in glowing warmth of the fireplace. And discussed their journey. "Hey Marmy..? When are you going to fly again?" Marmaduke Glitterwing was an elderly winged wolf. He was once the leader of a famous pack, but became too old and was exciled. "In time Ianto, in time." replied Marmaduke. He looked over at the young anthro-wolf. He was so young, yet already bared the scars of a long battle. When questioned on this Ianto had simply said he was made to. That was the tradition. Marmaduke had found Ianto walking alone, injured. The old wolf tended to Ianto's wounds and they soon became best friends. And also tutor and tutee.

HybridX

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
*Sits by the fire, huddled in his robes thinking about how he was rudely forced out of his cave where he lived*"This is going to be a long day"*He mumbles to himself and trys to warm up by the fire*.

(My character is the golden dragon in my Dp, without the swords and armour, just his body, wings tail and robe, which is a deep maroon colour with black trim. His age is rather unkown, but hes very old, yet still young in terms of fitness and thinking. Keeps to himself alot, doesnt say much.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:53:07 PM by HybridX »

Offline ShadowStep

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »
Marmaduke and Ianto trudged into the Tavern wet and cold. Their journey was long. The tavern was a welcoming. They bathed in glowing warmth of the fireplace. And discussed their journey. "Hey Marmy..? When are you going to fly again?" Marmaduke Glitterwing was an elderly winged wolf. He was once the leader of a famous pack, but became too old and was exciled. "In time Ianto, in time." replied Marmaduke. He looked over at the young anthro-wolf. He was so young, yet already bared the scars of a long battle. When questioned on this Ianto had simply said he was made to. That was the tradition. Marmaduke had found Ianto walking alone, injured. The old wolf tended to Ianto's wounds and they soon became best friends. And also tutor and tutee.

O.O.C.( Does that mean we can't get drunk and start a brawl or something like that Ms. ? )

crustybread5

Re: A cold, cold morning at the Tavern.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
(ooc// No violence means no violence.)

Offline Theridos

• Eager Elephant
  • I wanna cookie ; . ;
    • http://avatars.imvu.com/Theridos
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »
Two candles go out in the tavern as he enters the room cloaked in a black hooded cape that goes down to ground. As you look into the hood to get a glimpse of his features you find that you can see into he cloak and all you can make out is one pericing red eye that looks like it came from satan himself. As the figure walks past you the candle light reflects off his face and allows you to see his face and you see the face of a fox that looks like he has been to hell and back. He appears to have a eyepatch over his left eye and you can make out a scar that is being mostly covered by the eyepatch, his face is light and judging by that you assume that he is skinny. As you try to make out the rest he gets past the candle light and sits at a table in a dark corner but as he moves you notice that he is limping from a unknown injury.

to get to my homepage click this link here: http://avatars.imvu.com/Theridos

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
*~Nyx sat at the bar watching others drink, but not indulging herself. She didn't drink, it often impaired her decisions, and she preffered not to be that way. She glanced at the dragon sitting by the fire, noticing that it was a little crouded since everyone wanted to keep warm. Silently, her figure reshaped to that of a jackal. She walked over to the fire on all fours dragging her cloak along in her mouth. She placed it on the floor and curled up on top of it lying by the fire.~*

crustybread5

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »
(ooc// YAY! my RP is ALIIIVVEEEE! Just need one more character to jump in then we'll cycle through!)

Offline Theridos

• Eager Elephant
  • I wanna cookie ; . ;
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:42 PM »
The fox gets up then takes off his hood revaling all the scars on his face and snout. (has like 20 on his nose alone) Then walks over to the jackal by the fire limping the whole way before sitting down next to her then scratches the jackal behind the ears playfully as he stares into the fire his eyes glistening as the flames dance in the fire place as if he is in a trance. (as for facial features just imagine my avatar's face but all beaten up and mangled.)

crustybread5

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »
(ooc// Theridos, youp posted out of turn, *pokes to re-read the rules*)

Offline Theridos

• Eager Elephant
  • I wanna cookie ; . ;
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
((occ sorry bout that forgot about that one rule meh :/))

Offline BethanieStealsCheese

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »
((OOC: Hey.. can I be the bartender? I guess she'd be called a wench, wouldn't she.. I hope you weren't thinking specifically male for that role, but if you are that's okay.))

crustybread5

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
(ooc// No, no, it's fine. I tried to not make the roles gender specific. And sure you can join =^.^=)

Offline BethanieStealsCheese

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 11:34:13 PM »
Moyra emerged from the back of the tavern, where she was getting a fresh supply of ale, and sauntered to the freshly refurnished wooden bar. Grabbing a rag from under the counter, she started to polish off the rest of the ale glasses, and eyed the room. A pair of silver oculars frequently darted their focus from the water spots on the glasses, to each individual. She wore a short white blouse with puffed three quarter length sleeves, and a tight black leather vest over top, with rawhide lacing on the side. A simple burgundy skirt hung down to her feet, though if you looked closely, a pair of tight black leather pants were barely visible under the hem as she walked.

She'd had this tavern for as long as anyone could remember, and nobody knew how old she was, though if she was at all over the human age of 20, she didn't show it. Only Moyra knew exactly her age. She'd been around long before the tavern was ever established, and even most elders of the town couldn't remember a day without the presence of the rustic building.

Moyra was a Jaguar furson, of uknown age or origin. She's gained the respect of the locals by maintaining a cleanly, and peaceful atmosphere in her establishment. She's a shrewd business women, making sure she gets what she's due, and she always gets what she's due. Though, there seemed to be an alternate side to her; also, and she frequently opened her doors to the less fortunate for the evening, and expected nothing in return. Weary travelers came to know her as a beacon of safe haven, for she would tolerate absolutely no rough housing or crude acts in her bar. No one could even remember the last time there was a bar fight, because Moyra was always the one to break it up, and that meant bad news for the two in the scuffle. Usually being kicked out the front door, the instigators of such acts were very fortunate to escape without at least a broken nose. Nobody even attempted to start anything after the very first few fights.

Moyra snatched up her pen and pad (though her memory was as sharp as ever, so she never even actually scribbled anything down) and approached the gentlemen who had taken up residence at the table in the far corner with the least light.

"Obviously not wanting to draw attention, I see.." she thought to herself as she grew closer.

"Welcome stranger, what can I get you?" she asked with a more-serious-than-friendly look on her face. She wasn't known for her kindness, save for the very few she grew close to. Strangers saw none of it, and she prefered it that way.  

Offline BabyDragonFire

• Eager Elephant
  • my new imvu xD
    • My Imvu homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox (summer)
  • Coloring: White [&&] grey tip of tail
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: Agile
  • Build: Slim...
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:44:31 PM »
//ooc. May i join?... i see all the 6 roles are taken.. and it's okay if i cannot?.//
A Lonely kitsune girl
alone in the world finds a shimmering stone
in a remote pond...
its a stone of beauty
she names it ANZEROTH..
the power.. the fury.. the hope
it makes her strong

The fear i hide.. the secret wishes and regrets... you will never no...