The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Parents getting the wrong idea  (Read 421 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Parents getting the wrong idea
« on: October 28, 2010, 04:41:27 AM »
I think my parents have forgotten who I am. They think that because I come home really late I'm out starting fights again, selling drugs, doing drugs, heckling old people and God knows what else. I don't know what makes them think I'm up to these sort of things lately. I mean...sure I had my times in high school but that was like 2 years ago. I mean...maybe it's the hair, the way I dress, or MAYBE it has to do with the massive knife I carry around with me everywhere I go but all I'm doing is hanging out with old friends from high school who aren't part of that image at all. I have to be home by midnight EVERY night. Considering I get home from school at 8pm and take 3 and a half hours to study, that doesn't leave me with much freedom to see my buds.

I come home tonite to my pissed off mother and she's like: "Why are you out dressed like a hoodlum scaring people at the mall?"
I'm like: "Wtf are you talking about?"
Mom: "The chains, the knife, your boots and your clothes in general!"
Me: "What about it?"
Mom: "You'll get arrested one of these days."
Me: "For what? Having a coffee at Tim's? Why the **** are you being so ******** about this ****!?" (Im getting angry now)
Mom: "Because you have to get used to new rules in this house." (Little does my mom realise how often I'm not home. I don't even think I live there anymore)

I was done arguing with her. She's getting crazy about this kind of stuff lately so I just left. I don't know what I did to make her think that all of a sudden I'm out causing trouble. I'm at my friend's house (down the street) talking to my friend and his parents about school. She calls me and she's screaming at me to come home because "it's late" and it's only 11:30 at night. Considering I usually stay up until 3am to finish work, I'd say that's a little rediculous. I don't know what to do. I'm angry at my mom to the point where I can't even deal with her anymore and she threatens to take away MY stuff as punishment when I don't listen. MY stuff that I bought since she doesn't give me a dime for anything. When I ask her for some change for lunch, she's like "FOR WHAT!? Blunt wraps, weed, and a couple beers!?" I'm like "...holy ****." and I leave. She's nuts.

I don't dress like those idiots at school with pants around their ankles and shirts 6 times their size. I dress like any other skater punk...just with big combat boots.

I've never gotten into trouble with the law (and gotten caught atleast). I work hard in University. I go to work and make my money, and I'm trying to live my life and see my friends who all got into different schools than me. The only time we get to see eachother is late at night.

With my Dad isn't as bad...but still just as stupid.

Me: Hey dad, I'm taking the truck out to see Mike at Tim's.
Dad: Whoa, where you really going?
Me: ...Tim Horton's.
Dad: Is that some sort of code word you kids have for the bar?
Me: I guess but I'm still going to Tim Hortons.
Mom: Back by Midnight
Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's difficult to exist in this house. I don't even know why I ever bother coming home.

Where is the justice, people!?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:56:49 AM by Spike »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
Re: Parents getting the wrong idea
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »
Gee, I dunno. Where could they possibly get those kind of ideas? >_>

The best thing to do is be straight with her. Don't act like your hiding nothing and she'll never suspect anything. I mean, I think it's a bit too late for that now but I'm just saying that it's best to act cool around parents.

By now my parents know me. If they suspect I'm doing something I "sarcastically" tell them the truth and they think I'm joking...its great! xD

(mom yelling at me in my room after I come home)
Mom: MARK! WHAT'CHU DOING UP THERE!?
Me: HIDING MY DRUGS!!! (no lie)
Mom: (with giggle) Okay honey! You want dinner now or later!?

Sorry, but I have to say... when you do something to make your parents distrust you, don't be offended about it when they act accordingly.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »
Yeah I guess...But I still don't see why I have to be home at midnight. Like, I'd understand if she took one of my bongs or something...just not when she tells me I need to be home past a certain time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:45:21 AM by Spike »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »
Because it makes parents nervous to have their children up and out of the house at all hours of the night.

It means they care about you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:54:41 AM by WingedZephyr »

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »
Because it makes parents nervous to have their children up and out of the house at all hours of the night.

It means they care about you.

Damn straight.
If they really didn't care about you they'd let you do whatever.
Parents show they care in ways that seem uncaring or judgemental, but deep down its not.

Btw, also consider yourself lucky your even allowed out.
While I was living with my grandmother I was only allowed out on weekends at 12 pm & had to be home at 7 pm, no ifs, ands, or buts.
IF I was lucky and she would let me out.
I didn't even have a car or a ride home to take me back so I always had to walk home, miles.

Keep in mind: Theres always worse things out there.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
Zeph: My brother shows up at 6 in the morning sometimes. They don't seem to care too much about where he is or what he's doing. It's just me.

Kero: Whoa...That sucks. :(

Darkness: I'd say that would apply if what I'm doing now counts as living here. If anything, I only come home to sleep. Once I'm up, I'm out the door.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »
 As long as you need it as a place to sleep its still a home. After all home is where you hang your hat so to speak. How often you are there is irrelevant.  Midnight is hardly an unreasonable time to have to report in I knew a lot of folk that had to be in much earlier. Life is not always about hanging out with your friends.

As for her coming to the conclusion that you're, "Dressed like a hoodlum scaring people at the mall" When you dress like one you get treated like one. You got a problem with people's perception of you then try changing your appearance so your first impression isn't that your going to rob somebody. The first impression of many people is what they see, so don't complain when they get the wrong idea

Rules aren't going to hurt you and they are hardly the end of the world. By the sound of it you barely got any to really worry about. Be respectful of your family they are the only people who are ever truly going to have your back. Friends will fade away and your heart may be broken but blood will always be.