The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Left Fur Dead ((OOC & Discussion))  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
Left Fur Dead ((OOC & Discussion))
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:35:42 AM »
So basically, this is an RP based on the game, Left 4 Dead. I have posted a description of the chapter and the names of them. they are in order and I would also like to add that it will take more then a page to complete one so please don't say you have moved on to the next chapter leaving your fellow team mates behind, just wait for me to say that it's okay to change chapter. Also anyone can take part in this RP whether or not you have a full knowledge of the game and its levels. Though I must add a things for those with no knowledge of the game, We cant not drive cars, they are they to just look pretty, though some of them are alarmed so be warned and I would prefer if you had a knowledge of the game but its okay if you don't. I Also ask that In the Actual RP you post more then 1 line (1 lines posts must be ignored, Sorry if that sounds harsh), please try to push yourself into posting at least a small descriptive paragraph (8-9 lines), though if you cannot do so, then please try to make a descriptive 4-5 lines, Also please keep your writing readable, so please no leet speak/text talk, I also like to ask that you spell check your post before posting. To Ensure you have read all this please type 'Boomer' when you post your description. Also please use realist weapons, by that I mean no weapons that would seem out of place in these types of settings (e.g.No Katanas, Magic, Hand-Held mini guns), Also you ONLY start with pistol and a flash light (though you may pick up different ones through out the RP, The Weapons are Listed below)

P.S. I will make the actual RP when I Have enough people, so that I know the actual thing will go well
I Also Have The Awesome Ability To Tell Who Has Read The rules (The paragraph at the top).
Also Please try keep posting at a steady pace so everyone can keep up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About You -
Survivor Name: Syra Reikan Sinclaire
Nicknamed: Mint or Fang
Species: Mint Green Wolf
Description: wears a black vest top with the Union jack on the front, she also wears a pair of Dark washed ripped jeans, a black leather collar with a silver loop on the front, a black and red zip up hoodie and a pair of trainers
Background: Syra was in Uni, she was studying to become a vet, though in her spare time she would be locked away in her dorm reading horror stories and making them up with her friends, she also played allot of video games, mostly first person shooters or horrors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Copy and paste this, then fill it out :

About You -
Survivor Name: <Your RP Name>
Nicknamed: <At least 1 nickname>
Species: <This species you are>
Description: <What you look like e.g. clothing, hair>
Background: <What you did before The Apocalypse e.g. Job, College/Uni (Studied)>

Weapons Allowed To Pick Up:
  • Hunting rifle (15 round mag, a scope, can shot through thick objects, Bad for close range combo, Reload needed often)
  • Pistols (unlimited Ammo)
  • Combat shotgun(Has 10 rounds and can be fired semi automatic)
  • Shotgun  (Has 8 rounds and need to be pumped after every shot)
  • Uzy ( 50 bullet mag, not to powerful, runs out of ammo quick)

• Assault rifle (Like the Uzy but more powerful)
  • Pipe bombs(Can Only have one at a time, found more often then Molotovs)
  • Molotovs (Can only have one at a time, found at random)

Pick Up Items Allowed:
  • Ammunition
  • Pills(Temp healing, though the affects fade after a while)
  • Med-kits (Full healing)

Chapters:

No Mercy (Starting Chapter) - In this chapter you find yourself on the rooftop of an obliterated apartment complex, deep in the heart of the once-thriving metropolis of Fairfield, Which is completely overrun with hordes of Infected. A voice from a bullhorn calls out a bullet to all those who may have survived from a rescue helicopter that is flying by: Try and live long enough to get to the roof of nearby 'Mercy Hospital' and be airlifted to safety. Even if it means shooting your way through narrow alleys, open sewers and seething waves of zombies to get there.

Death Toll - Shoot, shove and sprint through a nightmare suburbia infested with the horde. The Death Toll chapter has you and your team of survivors making their way down a turnpike littered with abandoned cars, some of which are alarmed, to the nearby ghost town of Riverside the site that shows the failed stand-off between the last of humanity and a limitless swarm of undead horde. Fight through the ruins of small town America to the waterfront nearby, where a rescue party can take you upriver to safety.

Dead Air - Lead yourself and your team of Survivors out of the downtown core of Newburg's business district, through almost empty office floors and still-inhabited cubicles, and out onto the runway of Metro International Airport, where the only thing standing between you and the last plane out of the city is a murderous army of the undead.

Blood Harvest - Zombies lurk behind every tree, over every hilltop and behind every shadow in this terrifying moonlit  search for a rumoured evacuation zone to the north: several acres of back-country farmland taken over by the military to get the last of humanity out of Ground Zero. Plunge through pitch-black forests, stumble blindly through fields of swaying corn, and take aim at the silhouettes leaping at you from the darkness all towards finding a hold-out that might already have been abandoned to the horde.

The Infected:

The Horde - Say Hello to the lovely Zombie horde: eerily fast, sensitive to loud noises such as car alarms, bells, howls, screeching whistles and explosions, but also movement, and able to attack in avaricious waves. They might not notice you at first, but when they do, take aim and fire 'cause they're fast, and it won't take long for them to close the distance between you and them.

Witch - A Witch only desires to be left alone so they can enjoy a good cry. They hate the bright light of your flash lights and loud noises, but what they hate more than anything is being shot at. If you hear the Witch's tell tale sobs, turn off your flash lights and try to sneak around her. If she starts to get angry, She is nice enough to give you a warning growl to let you know she's close to attacking, So Back Away and let her settle.

Boomer - The fat, slow Boomer has a nasty habit of vomiting a thick bile with two side effects: It blinds who ever it hits for a short period of time, and it attracts the horde. When Boomers are killed, they will explode, showering bile on anyone nearby. So try to keep a distances between you and the fat Boomer when you kill it.

Smoker - Smokers work have an out-of-sight advantage point, Due to their overly long tongue. Ensnaring Survivors from rooftops leaves them helpless and hanging, perfect targets for a pounce by a hunter or being vomited on by a Boomer. So Try to shot the smoker whilst it drags your team mate towards it, or whack the tongue wrapped round your team mate to break the grip.

Hunter - Hunters are a mutated breed of zombie€”faster, fiercer and far more dangerous than common Infected. Keep your ears perked€”a shriek from the darkness means a Hunter is near, and ready to pounce in for the kill.

Tank - Mutated through infection, the Tank's only strategy is brute force. Find the Survivors. Pummel them to death. Repeat. Healthy Survivors can run slightly faster than you. Try to trap them in tight areas, or use a thrown chunk of concrete to stun them.
Stuff I Should Include For Those Who Haven't Played Before (Or Just Like To Bend The Rules):
Boomer: when a boomer gets to close it will attempt to vomit on you as well as if you are close enough to it when it explodes you also get covered in the bile that way too.
Boomer Barf: Boomer barf give who ever has been barfed on a temporary blindness, this normally lasts for roughly 15 to 20 seconds, but in that time The horde get a smell of it and then they swamp those who where unlucky enough to get covered. The Horde will always come when this happens so please don't say the horde doesn't come along

Hunter:When a hunter pounces you, you become completely helpless until a fellow team mate come to your rescue, you are also incapacitated until helped up as well

Smoker:These Will wrap their tongues around you and either dangle you from a building to get clawed apart by horde OR drag you to them and beat you, to get out of this you team mates can whack the tongue to break the hold OR shoot the smoker both work.

<More May Get Posted If Needed>
Random Info:
As Long as I Have 3 Others On My Team, I Will Allow There to Be Other Teams, Though At One Point We Will have to join up, even if for not that all (can split up at beginning of each chapter as long as we're all together at the end of it and All teams must be 4-6 members)
Help Videos:

No Mercy (All Videos Are In Order)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDM-G97_QA - No Mercy Part 1, The Apartment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11hOWbvv74 - No Mercy Part 2, The Subway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtChvo9Kpc - No Mercy Part 3/1, The Sewers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMf4t3fJPCE - No Mercy Part 3/2, The Sewers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCccEYSJlQc - No Mercy part 4, The Hospital
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhGcK6-Zeqk - No Mercy part 5, The Hospital Roof, Finale
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:16:11 PM by Syra Reikan »
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Left Fur Dead ((OOC))
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:25 PM »
Oh let me guess? A Left 4 Dead Furry RP? You're going to have to count me in for this one if that's the case.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: Left Fur Dead ((OOC & Discussion))
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
Okay, its all up and running (this bit only)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
Well, well, well. You went above and beyond, didn't you Syra? I'm feeling real glad I'm a Left 4 Dead expert right about now. I'm especially glad we're expected to type in paragraphs. The other RPs weren't quite deep enough to hook me. But I got good feelings for this one!

About You -
Survivor Name: Richard Redvale
Nicknamed: Richy, Vale
Species: Folf
Description: Purple Hoody; Black Chinos; Orange and Blue Tennis Shoes. He's mostly Red-Orange; Black ears, face markings, and paws; White belly and muzzle. 'Boomer'
Background: Did all sorts of little odds and ends. He made games, poetry, music, and books, some of them even popular. He earned a large income based on these talents and used his money to hang out with and help friends and charities.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
hehe thanks, And this took forever to retype >.<

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
I could guess! It was very well thought out, you know? Especially that little hidden bit...

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »
like will all guns just be "their generic thing that no assault rifle is better then another assault rifle" or is there gonna be a 9mm Beretta, or a French FAMAS? (like real guns and their strengths and weaknesses)

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »
The whole no riffle better then the other type thing

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
well i understand the logistics of that, but i was really hoping to use a French FAMAS.  :'( , o well, i'll just wait and see if more people join, and maybe read up on Left 4 Dead stuff so i actually know what the hell is happening.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
Rp Once Again Closed. And Will Only Be Re-opened if There Are More Want To Take Part
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:41:32 PM by Syra Reikan »