The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: After the Reploid/Neo Arcadian Wars.  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: After the Reploid/Neo Arcadian Wars.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 02:55:21 AM »
"Ah crap!" Zerrinnen shouted, startled by the change in the raptor's direction. His voice was wildy metallic and crackly as if it were being transmitted with combined machine noises rather than actual vocal ability. Without thinking, his fluorescent orange tongue shot from his mouth and twisted around the other reploid's ankle. Though he was not too powerful, he was very quick and agile, doing his best to dodge whatever the raptor threw. Stealth was not happening here. Suddenly, his cloak flickered, and his entire build became visible, neon orange glow accentuating his figure. His orange pads transitioned, now hot glimmering claws, ready to strike. With a jerk, he pulled up with all his might, hoping to take the reploid to the ground.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 02:53:07 AM »
Salissar readied his burning plasma claws to strike just as the smaller reploid's tongue wrapped around his ankle, pulling trying to trip him. He growled in a emotionless robotic tone as he slid to a knee momentarily loosing his forward motion. Readjusting his weight he raised his claw to strike the tongue and cut it off from the base. Countless calculations seemed to erupt from his metallic muzzle, none of them legible in any known language. To a onlooker he might of seemed like a overgrown computer, cold and calculated, completely unbiased in his mission to protect his lab. However most who saw him never lived to report it. Finally he scanned a weak point in the tongue's structure and brought his claw down hard, plasma tips tearing deep.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:37:34 AM by Tezztor Aslir Ne'taku »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 04:01:47 AM »
Seeing that the blast and debris did not affect either one, and now able to see the outline of the new target that Salissar was going after, he charged after the guardian reploid, Buster pistol first as he fired off his dash-jets in pursuit of his own target. He didn't care if he was noisy or noticed, but either way was too late as he was preparing to fire, only having the need to release the trigger to fire off the charged shot. The close proximity to his target would definitely cause himself harm, but he was already focused and moving.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
A metallic sound rattled out from the chameleon reploid's mouth as his tongue was severed. He twisted around, in exchange, his claws coming for a swift uppercut and a slash across the torso. The rest of his tongue retracted, and he cursed under his breath about repairing it. He knew that his claws would pierce the armor, and hoped it woud be enough to at least hinder him now since nothing else prevailed. A shot rang out, awfully close but accurate, and caught the raptor on the shoulder as Zerrinnen jumped back. He was unsure if they were shooting at the raptor or both. "That's all I need is a Maverick hunter," he growled.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
The raptor reploid growled as he severed the tongue only to be rung by a blast in his left shoulder, doing minor damage but surging the circuits in his shoulders. The massive surge of current shot to the chip in his head temporarily disabling him and activating a dormant holographic projector.  Several feet outward a projection of his creator showed briefly, standing over a shell that would one day become him. The raptor's eyes dimmed away from a angry red to near nothing as it watched the images in the projection. It would almost seem a sadness washed over his metallic muzzle. "Father... I need help! They outnumber me!" he said as if pleading the image for help, his voice every bit void of emotion as always but a bit softer.

As sudden as he snapped, his circuits snapped back into function and the projection faded and his eyes burned violent red once again.  "I've come to destroy you.." he threatened as if the prior moment had not happened. In his mind it didn't, he couldn't recall it at all. The smaller reploids claws cut deep into his torso and he grabbed it by the throat and lifted it up and he got to his feet. "Danger! Severe damage reported in torso" rang clearly in his vision. "Reteat to repair" followed suit quickly after. With a clank he turned sideways and threw the reploid against the wall and jumped up with such speed and forth he seemed as a rocket shooting through the roof of the warehouse. He treated back to his lab to repair his damage.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »
As Salissar left, he stopped himself to a skid on his feet, Buster pistol still aimed at him until he was no longer visible. "I should have taken more time in the gun-kata defense course... that barely did enough damage to phase him." he muttered out-loud. He spun the pistol on his finger in a show-off manner before slipping it into the holster. "Time to report back... I'm on a schedule or else they'll remove me from the licensed list." He starts to walk away from the scene, taking a glance to the now-visible black chameleon reploid. "You might want to go to a maintenance station if you can. There's one just north of here." he tells out him before he dashes away from the scene.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »
Sparks flew from Zerrinnen's body as he tried sitting up. He tried to speak, but only metallic noises emitted from him, indiscernible at first, but then clear, "No.. Service station.." His luminescent orange lights flickered as if on low power, and his light shield veil dissipated. He'd been thrown hard, and had paid for acting on his own fantastical whims. He should have never attempted to fight, but it was fairly in self defense. Pieces of the wall crumbled around him and just as his shield did, the claws flickered, then dimmed into clear rubber-like pads that made up his fingers and toes. Carefully, he pulled himself out of the rubble with the one fully functional hand he had.. His lights were slowly dimming into nothing. "Can't.. Go to service station.." he uttered, his "voice" taken under by static. He collapsed, his neon orange eyes fading into the same darkness the other lights had fallen into. Hello sleep, he thought as he went unconscience. Oh brother of Death, treat me well. A last statically laugh echoed through the ruined lab as he thought of what might happen if the raptor found him again.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »
Vosur didn't venture too far before stopping. "Man... that reploid refused assistance. Not only that, but it did help me out." He turns around and starts running back normally, having to wait a bit to fire off his dash-jets again as he had used them in combat too much. Getting back to the warehouse and seeing the extent of the damage, he knew he could do much here, but he knew he couldn't carry the reploid either. "Well, you're not going to like me in the morning, and I'm not going to like you in the morning either... but for now we're just going to have to put up with each other." He kneels down and slips his arms under the arm-like appendages of the reploid and begins doing a chest-lock drag, having to stop about every 50 yards due to the reploid's weight and what it was carrying, getting them closer to the cover of a forest.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »
Salissar scrambled across the rooftop and jumped down to the entrance of the lab, scanning the area for followers before entering. He stormed down its dark and foreboding halls towards the armory, hoping to repair himself. Once inside he began his strenuous repairs. "Target one and target two must be eliminated," he reminded himself as he clicked new plating into place on his torso. Scanning the room he surveyed the weapons rack for the best choices. "Ranged combatants, need ranged weaponry in addition to melee armaments." Against the wall leaned a powerful plasma sniper rifle, designed in its era to bring down heavy armored vehicles. He knew its weight would be an encumbrance but he also knew if her terminated them at range it wouldn't matter. He discarded his reserve metal usually kept for repairs in favor of a personal cloaking device putting him just under his weight limits. Fully operational he headed back out of the lab in search of their trail.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »
He continued to drag the damaged chameleon reploid until he felt they were far enough away from the warehouse/lab. "I hope you started your auto-repair function already..." he muttered as he searched for anything possibly of use for starting up quick repairs. He came across a Nano Frame Repair device and attached it into some of the more-visibly damaged areas to take care of as much repairs as possible. "I may not yet get that license... but at least I'll feel better about myself in the long run." he whispered as he checked himself for any damage, taking his Nano-regenerative device from his backpack and spraying down the back of his shirt from his intended fall. "Oooo... cold." he shuddered from the feel.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »
After a few moments, the chameleon began to sit up, still injured, but not nearly as badly as before his circuits spat a bit, but his systems were re-adjusting. A long static-y groan rang out as he rubbed the back of his head. He spotted the white wolf and froze, unsure of what was going on. Out of instinct, his back rippled, and in an instant he had disappeared. He did not move. Who knows who the wolf worked for.. Or who he may or may not have reported to.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »
Hearing the groan and the circuit-spit while he had sprayed himself, he turned around and looked at where the chameleon reploid was visible. "Alright, fine... turn-about's fair play." He made sure he picked up anything of his before he started to walk off. "I'd recommend not doing too much while you're repairing." he spoke out into the shadows, unsure of the position as he started to walk off deeper into the forest.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
"Are you an civilian?" His voice chimed from the darkness. "Or do you work for someone?" Zerrinnen's voice was harsh and sounded as if it were going to go out at any moment. "And why help me?" A crackle surged, the white-ish blue static revealing his position. He put his hand over it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
"Mercenary, and I may work for the Maverick Hunters... but I don't give them everything." He doesn't turn back towards the reploid while he's speaking. "They hire me for simple exploration jobs since I'm 'unlicensed', but I've done more dangerous work than most Hunters." Slightly smiles as he continues on. "As for why I helped you, consider it returning the favor. You helped me out, so I helped you."