The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it true  (Read 2256 times)

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
Is it true
« on: December 25, 2008, 06:59:06 AM »
That you can play XBox games on the Wii using an XBox controller because my sister thinks it can.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Is it true
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »
Xbox games maybe with a Wii modification. Xbox 360 games no, the Wii hardware is not capable of running them

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
The format between the Wii and the Xbox 360 are different, the optical sensor between the two is completely different as well. ((Wii and Xbox 360 are same-gen, Tezz. They have aproximately the same statistics in processor and RAM))

The Xbox 360 uses an optical sensor that can read DVD/CD's (blue and red laser) along with the Xbox/Xbox360 games (same laser type as DVD and DVD double-layer), the Wii uses an optical sensor that can read Wii and GameCube (white laser on both).

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »
So Kylen is lying right?
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »
She may be mistaken that they use very similar technology (optical laser assembly)... but I've seen someone screw up two systems (1 Wii, 1 360) with just the wondering on that same thing, Jesse.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »
They may have similar processors and ram but that does no determine what they can run. They have different video card, and a video card handles the brunt of a computer's capacity for effects and things of that nature. The wii could not handle the 360 games its a proven fact.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
Tezz is right, although theoretically a programmer could code an Xbox emulator, port it to Wii homebrew and you might be able to play the games at a quarter their full speed. (Emulation on any system is a massive resource hog. Emulating PS2 or Gamecube games on the 360 is just as difficult)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »
Heh try telling my sister that.
MySpace

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »
Simply put:  Wii can't use PS3/Xbox360 games, and the Xbox360 can't play any of the other system's games. Both of their designs are their prevention in playing other system's games.

And also note... the laser optical assembly and the formats (regional/system) of the discs they use prevent use of other systems' games (or other countries' games for that matter). Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft knew someone would try to play games from rival companies... and so they made sure there was no "universal format".

YTFK

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 08:04:55 AM »
there you guys went nd had to explain it with science i liked it when i thought it was magic

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »
there you guys went nd had to explain it with science i liked it when i thought it was magic
Nah, only the NES, Atari 2600, Dreamcast and the Game Boy use magic :P
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »
Nah, only the NES, Atari 2600, Dreamcast and the Game Boy use magic :P

That's right, I guarantee it, for only 19.99!