The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ether  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf, Siberian Husky
  • Coloring: Fur: Gray. L Eye: Blue. R Eye: Yellow
  • Height: 5'7''
  • Weight: 127lbs
  • Build: Fit
The Ether
« on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:11 AM »
It was a sigh that broke the silence. The room was dark, the hour late. The wolf ran a pawn through his black hair and looked out the window, being careful not to let the silvery moonlight hit him.
He was gonna do it tonight. He was tired of this place, the smell of buildings lacking maintenance and structural care. Graffiti on the walls outside that screamed for freedom, being covered up miserable souls who silently yell for that same freedom. The low alien moans of the Spooks..God those moans! Even the living machines that catered to every sinister whim of th OA moaned low, long, sorrowful notes that echoed through the city at all hours of the day and night. Winds backed up from the window as if the reality of it all was reaching up to grab him. He turned from the window and moved to a table that held surgical implements of destruction. Two scalpels of two different sizes, surgical scissors and some regular sewing thread and needle that he'd soaked in rubbing alcohol for a few hours. Better safe than sorry, right? The wolf took a seat looking at the tools, knowing what had to be done, but turned off by the lack of numbing agents and professional medical supervision. "..It has to come out." He finally said to himself, making a slow reach for the large scalpel. 

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Mewgia (Mew/Lugia hybrid)
  • Coloring: Pink 'n' Blue
  • Height: 1' 5"
  • Weight: 8.8 lbs
  • Build: Small and thin :3
Re: The Ether
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »
Foxx looked up at the window and saw Winds. It looked like he was prepared.
The young fox turned his eyes to the sky, the moonlight hitting his orange and white fur and giving it a silvery and even more impressive effect.
He heard a noise, and quickly hid himself. Some Goons made their way through the street. It wasn't safe to encounter Goons or Gorillas, they would probably start stalking you, or, in the worst cases, they would punch and kick you and leave you unconscious, just for fun. Foxx was sick of that and he knew how it felt; he was once the Goons "toy".
When they were far enough, Foxx left his hideout and went to Winds's place.
"Sorry I took so long, a group of Goons almost saw me.", he explained, looking at the wolf, and rubbing his own arms.
I are a Mewgia 8D Deal with the cute >83

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »
{Watch the grammar and spelling, Apollo.}

The wolf jumped, dragging the sharpened scalpel down his arm in a course. "Gah-****!" He shouted, dropping the scalpel and holding the bleeding wound. "Jesus, Foxx. You ever heard of knocking!" he growled while sucking air through clenched jaws. Blood ran through his fingers and the wolf quickly looked around. "Bring me that cooler over there.." he murmured squeezing his arm tightly. The operation had to go on, the tracking chips they had in them needed to come out if they to go anywhere near the Railroad.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:51:06 PM by Winds »

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »
((Winds you can't do that. you have to type **** (after Winds's "Gah-") ;)))

"Oh ,God, sorry Winds", Foxx said, giving the cooler to Winds.
"I'm really sorry...", he said again.

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »
{Oh really? Had no idea the censorship was that harsh. It will be edited}

The wolf nudged open the styrofoam lid and grabbed an icepack. He quickly grabbed the icepack with his other paw and held it against the wound. After a few moments, most of his upper arm had numbed, the bleeding stopping from the tighten muscles. He removed the bloody icepack and grabbed the smaller scalpel. With a bit of fishing the chip emerged, fused to a piece of muscle. "Foxx, I hope you're not squeamish because I need you to cut that away as close as you can to the chip." He said flicking his head to the surgical scissor on the smell desk. "Hurry...my arm's starting to wake up." 

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:57:07 PM »
Foxx hurries to the surgical scissor, takes a deep breath and cut's the chip off Winds's muscle.
"Like that?", he asked stupidly.

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
The wolf squeezed his eyes shut and shuddered after the cut. "Yeah..thanks." The wolf said opening his mouth to ask Foxx for the thread and needle only to be interrupted by a familiar series of screeches.
Spooks called out at this hour? Someone had done something the OA declared wrong. These specific kinds of biomechs were about as tall as a horse and could easily run as fast as one. They'd been know to raid building were they thought their suspect had gone and with there high intensity tasers and club like feet, knock many of the innocent bystanders unconscious out of suspicion. Luckily, Winds had prepared for this. He dug in cooler and pulled out a pair of welding gloves, a film canister full of gun powder and a pack matches. "Foxx, I need you to do me one more favor. Put those gloves on and hold the wound closed." he said looking at the window as the screeches came closer.   

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
"Ack!", Foxx covers his ears; they would usually hurt when those screeches started.
He heard Winds.
"Ok", he said, putting the gloves on and grabbing Winds's arm to keep his wound from bleeding.

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
He popped the top on the canister and sprinkled a line on the wound before recapping it and breaking out a match from its pack he lit it and looked at fox. "Watch your eyes.." He said turning his head away. He deep a few deep breaths and put the match to the gunpowder. "Gah! Holy Christ..." He managed to utter, his whole body shuddering from the pain as the line of gun powder ignited, fusing the wound close. Once it stopped the wolf looked back at his arm breathing heavily. The fur around the wound had been burned off, but it was winter and the wolf would be wearing sweaters anyways. With a sigh he looked at fox. "Did you get your's out yet?"

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »
"No", said Foxx, still annoyed with the screeches.
He took a deep breath and prepared to get his arm cut.

Offline Renaud Magicpaw

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Watch my paws, and they will do things unheard of
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombolf
  • Height: 5' 10" "
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: tubby
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
**** they know. I think as I run towards a sewer entrance, where the spooks can't follow.  I shouldn't have pulled it out that way, guess I set of an alarm. Quickly reaching the man hole cover in front of Wolf's house I open it climb down a few rungs and shut it.  This will buy me some time, they won't think to look for me down here at least not for another hour or two, and this district isn't all that well known for its high tech security.  **** OA just can't leave us alone can they.  I hope I didn't alert them to any one else heading for the Underground.
Read the left column then the right column

Times change, and promises are broken        |   Life is short
Life goes on and yet it stops                        |   Yet the soul is eternal
I have much to give so have this token         |   Your words a port
And get some chocolate from the shops        |   For feelings, internal

Life is short so do not wait                          |   Go seek the love
Take love by the horns                               |   Who's soul is yours
Loyalty is a wonderful trait                           |   They are your dove
But be wary of a rose's thorns                     |   Who's love is lores

Things that live                               |   Join now in the search
Must always die                               |   And find your love
Yet do not dive                              |   They'll be your perch
Into this lie                                     |   As you are their dove

Offline Winds

• Avid Aardvark
  • Never. Give. Up.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:03:08 AM »
{Dont mind me time-skipping a bit}

"Stabbing or burning?" Winds asked Foxx looking over his shoulder at the window from time to time. A couple of screeches rang out again, they'd reached their block. Now, it wasn't a matter of if the Spooks would come into the building it was when. "Sorry, I have to pick for you." the wolf murmured in a hurried tone. He quickly applied a little of the gunpowder along the wound he held shut. Plucking another match he struck it, with a bit of effort on the fiction patch igniting it. "Im gonna count to five, okay?" he said looking at Foxx.

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
((no prob))

"Whatever, just hurry up!", Foxx said, through clenched teeth, at Winds's first question. "Yeah, you can count to three, I don't mind...", he then replied, and got ready for another moment of pain.