The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Supposedly the Greater Good  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Supposedly the Greater Good
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
Nikkoli decided to stay behind instead, wandering outside on her own to creep along the quiet streets of Cerkath by herself. Her eyes reflected every beam of light as she passed. She was quick to hide from the guards and slow to attack, they gave her no reason.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2008, 01:53:19 AM »
"I mean, it was a thought, but if I actually did go through with it, I'd lose all my fun." She leaned back on her tail, using it and it only for support. "Though to get to that rank in the government.." She grinned, imagining the power that she could have in one single hand, and the slaughter it would take. "That would make me a hypocrite.." The dragoness seemed to be taken in a conversation with herself, ignoring the raptor. To be honest, she didn't know what to do. She just knew that fun was fun.. And if she really wanted to, she could use her cleverly built ploy or idea lead her to more. "Ah, yes. What to do, what to do.. I say maybe you should." In a way, she seemed lost and out of touch with reality altogether.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
The raptor watched her converse with herself, using body language and tilting her head ect as if there were somebody there listening to her besides him. At first he thought it to be comical but the novelty quickly wore off as she shown no sign of snapping out of it. He puffed in anger and walked up and shook her roughly. "Your wasting my time dragon, get on with it." he said in a loud, declaritive tone. "What is it you want from me, I'm tired of playing these games." Tell tale signs of anger could be seen all over the raptor, his muscles were tensed and his teeth bared. It was rare for him to get to such a level but she was quickly driving him there. Fustrated he let go and took a few steps off to the side, pondering to himself. To him she seemed to make perfect sense, at times a bit off but there was intelligence there without mistake.

He leaned up against a wall nearby, twirling his dagger in his claws while he waited for her to come to her senses. Light was beggining to creep over the houses, and the calling of roosters could be heard in the distance. He could hardly believe the night had gone by so fast. It was gonna be busy soon and he couldn't afford to be discorvered here, but he would wait for her.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
She looked to him, then stood with her own two feet. "What is it you think I want with you?" she questioned, her tone almost sarcastically musical. She spun her scythe in one hand, sheathing it back on her back with style. "Well, better than answering that question, how about we take a stroll to somewhere that's not so bright?" Her golden eyes widened as she looked up, then retracted until they were nothing more than slits. "Because I don't need to be out here when someone discovers the bodies of the two that I took tonight." Her character seemed darker than before as she walked past the raptor and tipped his dagger with her tail just enough to throw it out of sync.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:43 AM »
The dagger falls to the ground, sticking into it blade first. "Nice shot" he said softly. He puffed and grabbed the blade, sheathing it as he began to follow her. "i wouldn't worry about the two guards, we can always blame it on the wolf" he said remembering his regimental insignia. It would be easy for him to convince them that they were innocent. Focusing on what was at hand, he wasn't completely sure where she was going but he followed anyways. It wasn't like he had anything better to do and he was intrigued to say the least. Perhaps there was coin in it for him or at the very least a chance for fun

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
Shadow laughs as loud as he dares, his good eye scanning rooftops in search of Order archers. "The old man likely believes the truce is holding well. I'm sure those around him prefer it that way." He smiles and leans back against a wall. "Most jests, most with that sort of power, have their basis in the truth." The feline sighs softly, satisfied that there was no immediate danger. "And as for Renault, the boys father... He may be a fool, but he is a driven fool. No truce will stand between him and 'serving the master'. He has a fanatical obedience to Arkhe, and I suppose if he were not pulling strings Renault would have been deposed by now. No human in Order would serve a furre if he were not Arkhes lapdog..." A brief silence falls, and Shadow lets it hang before asking his next question. Part of his inherent flare for the dramatic. "Have there been any disappearances around Order territory lately? Fighting age male furres would be the most likely, especially if they made a point of showing equality or superiority to humans." Another briefer pause, then another question. This one seemed more worried. "Vlaardi would not come close to the Order realms, would he?"

Archaic smiled, patting Vlaardi on the shoulder. "I'm sure you will see him again. I find things have a way of working out as they should. Like Shadow taking me in when I ran away. I know you will see him again, just like you know your father is alive. And like you know your vision was real." This was his chance to change the subject, get off of these depressing topics. "So tell me about this flying machine."

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I lie about nothing but my honesty
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey / Black
  • Height: 6' 3''
  • Weight: 78kg
  • Build: Muscular and tall
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
Fyroh shrugged as he continued onwards. "I don't know." he replied.  "I don't keep track of disappearences, there's an awful lot of them, most of them the body is found dead. I haven't noticed any trend or pattern, but there might be one. I dunno. Ask someone else, maybe Vlaardi knows... speaking of him, no, he wouldn't, I dare say. He has no business with Order, only reason he'd go near is in the daytime for the market or somethin'. He does sneak out at night sometimes, but if I know the boy, he doesn't go near Order territory." Fyroh was completely unaware that he was giving away a lot of information in the conversation, both personal and political. "Ah, here's the main square, marketplace and all that. Stalls are all abandoned now, of course..." Suddenly, Fyroh stopped walking in the road and drew to the shadows. "Watch it... There's some royal guards patrolling over there... We'll surely be stopped at this hour... there's a good amount there, too... I think, unless you really want to continue, we'll have to turn back, and I'll show you the rest in the morning, we'll go around the other way this time, through the main of Justice and Freedom areas." he whispered.

Vlaardi smiled back, before recalling memories of the flying machine. "Very hard to describe. Powered by magic, I know that much... It's shaped a bit like a ship, but not really... Umm... It's lightweight wood, and it's like a semi-circle... with a point... errm... Sorry, I'm not being very helpful with this description." He laughed a little, before continuing, "What I do know is that it's used primarily for speed of travelling, and to get to places which would take too long or be too dangerous to go by other methods... but of course, there's danger in the sky, too, which is why... you know, I was seperated from my friend." He sighed, drumming his fingers on the table. "I'd have to show you for you to understand about it... Oh, it's quite late... Do you think the group out there are okay? Cerkath is a big place, but..." Despite the time, Vlaardi wasn't feeling tired... at least, not very tired. He'd completely forgotten about his food order, too.
RP characters:

Fyroh = Wolf furry. See profile.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »
Rigor walked along the alley way and into the the streets, watching the shadows of the night disappear into the light. She allowed her eyes to adjust; the brightness overtaking her night vision, her head seemingly on a jerky swivel as she kept constantly aware of everything in her surroundings. She trudged on until she stopped at building that looked weathered and abandoned, but by the sounds from within and the changing of lighting, you could tell it was bustling with activity. The sign that protruded from above the door hung from rusty chains on an equally rusted pole and read, "The Dragon's Keep" with "Welcome all strangers" written in dragonscript at the bottom in smaller letters. Despite the ragged condition of the wood it was written on, the writing was still legible. The dragoness bowed as of to welcome and encourage the raptor to follow her lead and gave a knock at the door. Immediately, a hidden slot flew open revealing two blood red eyes and a gruff voice that asked something in the language of the dead. She laughed, replying back in the same language and the door opened, slamming shut behind her.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
Hearing someone speak, Nikkoli scoots closer to the group of furs and snarls low in her throat. "Who are you?" She demands, stepping in front of Fyroh, not able to recognize him in the poor light.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
Tezztor knocked heavily on the door, waiting for it a response. When it was given he tried to imitate Rigor's speach the best he could hoping they would let him in as well. Though the whole language of the dead with unerving to him the though of profit and gain fueled him past his own suspicions. There was no response and the opening had shut. "What a I ssuposed to do now." he said to himself. He didnt know the language enough to hear it spoken fluently so he just leaned against the wall and waited for something to happen.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »
Suddenly there was the gruff voice again, followed by Rigor's angry voice.. And the door swung open. "Come on in, don't mind the stiffs." She looked to the Brute-ish creature that guarded the door playfully. His body was chiseled, muscular to the point of a body builder and tentacles fell over where his mouth should have been. His skin was a paler red than his eyes, but he was a strange sight for any mortal's eyes. As were most of the clients of the bar..  He returned her glance with a more serious look, almost angrily eying the raptor. Everyone in the bar was speaking the language in which she had gained access with, very seldom English could be found in the sea of strange and almost alien voices that filled the tavern. She walked to a corner and took a seat at a round wooden table, and took in a deep breath.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:41 PM »
The Raptor stepped in the door, eyeing the strange creature who guarded it. Truly a a foul monstrocity if ever had had seen one. As he followed her into the bar more strange abominations came into view.  "What strange den is this?" he said softly to himself. He followed her curiously to a table and waited for her to take a seat before seating himself. 'Why have you brung me here?" he asked diligently. It was an uncomfortable situation for him and no doubtedly those around him felt the sapping power of the demons bane dagger which had help fell similar devilry in the past.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »
"To rest safely." She said, looking to the raptor. "We can't get much done during the day." There were no lights in tavern, but there were purple torches that lit up the place enough for creatures who were not quite so nimble in the dark lighting to be see enough to mobilize. Her eyes seemed to self illuminate their golden yellow, almost emotionless. "You can't tell me you're not tired with as much as I'm sure you have done."

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I lie about nothing but my honesty
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey / Black
  • Height: 6' 3''
  • Weight: 78kg
  • Build: Muscular and tall
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »
Fyroh froze instinctively when he heard a voice ahead of him. With no blade, he was practically defenseless. "Leave us be. We're but travellers... wait a second..." He recognised her voice, and could just make out the outline of her body. "Oh, it's you again." he muttered, relaxing again. "We were heading back. My blade's been broken, and I need sleep, so we're going back to the tavern and continuing in the morning. Join us if you like."
RP characters:

Fyroh = Wolf furry. See profile.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
"Wait, you know me?" She asked, puzzled. ??? "Who are you again?" Her eyes adjusted and she flinched from the edge of his sword, she'd accidentally moved closer to the point when she moved closer to see him better. "Oh, I remember you! You're that boy from the tavern!"
Your Worst Nightmare