The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: X-Box 360 Stuff From E-3!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
X-Box 360 Stuff From E-3!
« on: July 16, 2008, 06:58:05 AM »
I was watching E-3 Live on G4 Tv...I heard many new and great things coming to the 360 console...here's a list of them:

~A NEW dashboard will be available for download  ((i'm not sure whether it's free or not or if it will be an update))this Fall...it's been totally revamped...and now you can make your wn 3-D avatar. with clothing skin and hair options etc...PLUS you can even use these avatars in new games that Microsoft and it's 3rd party brothers are putting out as well as many of the new online arcade games...some new arcade games include 1 against 100 (based on a TV game show) where you can win REAL prizes... a NEW portal game. with new levels.

this new Dashboard will also feature new "Channels" such as a community channel. and now you can also watch movies brought to you by Netflix on your 360 which you can download for free (i beleive) if you already have a Netflix account and watch them...as well your other frinds that are online can ALSO watch the same movie that you aree watching without downloading it or anything on their own console at home...in other words you can watch that hot new release together and you don't even have to be on the same couch. also...instead of waiting in a lobby to join a frind in co-op some games will now have "orbs" in which you can walk on/drive on to and that player will instantly join you in co-op mode. as well yo ucan also share music and pictures the same way...as well as play a game such as UNO against your frinds on Live. and you can do this moving seamlessly from game to moveie to photo sharing. to just chatting it up.

this will be all available this fall as Microsoft calims.

also...

~ Square Enix will for the FIRST time be launching titles on the x-box 360 console...starting with Final Fantasy XIII

~other games coming out  between now and 2009 on to the 360 console are Resident Evil 5, Fable II, Gears of War 2. and Fallout 3 and  Guitar Hero: Wold Tour featuring 84 songs PLUS many more to download....with this new Guitar Hero. There will be a drum set complete with symbols...ALSO Rock Band 2 will be coming out...AND for the first time ever an AC/DC song will be featured in this type of game....also all the songs from Rock Band 1 will be playable on Rockband 2..so no disc swapping.

I beleive that's all for now...all that I can recall that is...

P.S. By the end of this year there will be OVER 1000+ out for the X-Box 360 console

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: X-Box 360 Stuff From E-3!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »
I spend a lot of time watching the videos and such Im a real video game nut. Its undoubtedly one of the best times to be a 360 owner so many good things comming out or on the horizon. My most anticipated titles being Fallout 3, Mercenaries 2, Gears of War 2, Halo Wars, Project Origin, Resident Evil 5, Too Human and many more.

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:42:23 AM »
I am going to buy Guitar Hero 4 first just because it features a Korn song.  =3  
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »
i actually dislike the idea of avatars on xbox 360, its a straight rip-off from nintendo's original idea to create Mii's, the new dash looks sweet though, and im eagerly awaiting bungie's press release on the new halo project (which was already confirmed by microsoft themselves) which follows a completely different storyline and probably won't feature master chief at all, furthermore, im really starting to look forward to Gears of War 2, its like it gets better every time more details are released