The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Metal and or Rock Bands, have any influenced you?  (Read 1622 times)

scarypuppy

Metal and or Rock Bands, have any influenced you?
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:15 AM »
yeah, may not be beleiveable but im in a Metal band called the After Dark Aardvarks, and so far we dont have music up but our overall sound has been influenced by numerous bands that have influenced us personally.

My biggest influences are the bands, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Job for a Cowboy and All that Remains.

The Number 12 Looks Like You has an erratic almost disjointed sound that just surges into you with every high pitched scream and shout, with choruses of verses mingled with difficult sounding Guitar rifts, and Lyrics that entices rage, fear, agreement and sick pleasure in certain superficial and extraordinary facts of life, all pulsating into the Adrenal gland of your brain, which always pushes me to thrash around with my friends, no matter where we are, Public, a Party, someone's room, TN12LLU is the staple in my Metal Diet. Good examples of this band include Like a Cat, Pinata de La Muerte and The Imagine Nation Express (also the My Sharona cover)
(To explain the Party thing, when we have Halo Parties, I play them and Usually everyone starts running around Moshing)

Job For a Cowboy's sound is Brutal, With Pig Squeals and Deep bree, Guitar that shreds your sense of time and position, drums that move the Earth itself, the band shakes you to your bones with masterful displays of Primal rage and the ability of the Human voice to rise and fall to frightening pitches. The heavy breakdowns and fastpaced choruses push the listener into a rampage of moshing, usually infecting others untill everyone within earshot is either disgusted by the noise or pulled into enjoying and Headbanging to their Sound. Great tunes include Knee Deep and Entombment of a Machine, as well as Embeded

All that Remains Balances the previous 2 band's trademarks for a sustained, clear pattern of Music, Epic vocals and Punishing Guitar and Drum beats, with clear vocals intertwining with loud and prolonged screams. The Beat of the songs keeps the listener engaged, either forcing them into a silent moment of awe or a loud surge of energy and agreement. Perfect Examples from this Band include the songs, Six and This Calling, As well as The Weak Willed

what bands have held a vise grip on your eardrums?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:06:05 PM by Emopuppy »

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Metal and or Rock Bands, have any influenced you?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:51:25 PM »
I'm not in a band like you but my guitar skills are influenced by a lot of instrumental or heavily guitar oriented songs. Artists such as Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan. And songs such Green Grass and High Tides, Freebird, Mr Crowley and anything with great guitar in it even if its short.

I doubt I'll ever be in a band but sometimes I like to crank the amp up and pretend. How glorious would it be to get to play in front of thousands.

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »
i am not in aband, nor do i play the guitar any longer, but my ways of thought have been influenced by the music i listen too.

As you might know, my most favorite band is Pink Foyd, syd barrets insane lyrics and random use of the kazoo kind of robbed my sanity and David Gilmours later additon to the group brought a new understanding to how i view big buiseness and government.

Nine inch nails kind of backed up these thoughts with songs such as capitol g and survivalism,  both from their newest release, year zero.

I have also picked up most of the german i know from rammstein.
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »
I'd have to says the bands Tool, Evanesence, and a few other artisits.

Its more about their songs and what they, as a band or single artist, represent to their listeners.

One song that REALLY influences me is "Hold On" by Good Charlotte.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
the song "frontline" By Pillar has influenced me...it's got good lyrics...guitar is good in it too...

ther's other songs too that have influenced me like...."The Art Of Breaking" by Thousand Foot Krutch...there's also a couple songs fro mthe band "Third Day"

the song "Working Class Hero" influence me too...

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:47:38 AM »
        I am also in a band although we don't have any gigs or anything. A band that personally inspired was the band Hurt while as a band, Shiny Toy Guns led us to our band's goal for the techno / rock sound.   By the way I am the keyboardist / synthesizer guy. > <
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Cody Allen

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Lone Wolf
    • My FA music
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Average build. Nothing special.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:17:25 AM »
We're getting a band together. Drums w00t! I'd say most foreign industrial bands influenced me, like Rammstein, Eisbrecher, and Oomph!

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online
  • I have found my light, so let him come to me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black and Red
  • Height: 175 cm (5' 74")
  • Weight: 62 kg (139 lbs)
  • Build: Muscular...ish
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »
Some bands usually influence you in some way and everyone is influenced by someone, usually atleast. I`m not in a band myself but i play the piano and my music is highly influenced by symphonic metal bands like Nightwish.  :dragon:

Giruuuuuu!

scarypuppy

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »
*Jumps back in

Nightwish, hell yah

Wulf064

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:34:12 PM »
Bands dont influence me their music dose for instance Heavy metal makes me agressive , techno makes me want to run around, and relaxing music puts me to sleep
 After multiple warnings of necroing threads where the previous reply is more than 2 weeks old, still continued on.

Learn your lesson please.
Vosur
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:29:27 PM by Vosur »

Offline SeiRruf IS, FurryLAE.

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
yeah, for me, its not the bands that influence me, its the lyrics and tune of the song =3>
for example, the song "Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy" makes me hyper. ^uu^

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »
I'm not in a band nor do I play guitar but I do play drums. Many heavy/death metal bands have influenced me, the biggest ones are children of bodom, slayer, slipknot, korn, lamb of god, and sonata arctica >:|, I'm still have trouble playing double bass drums to some of the songs I listen to so I'm still learning.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine