The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Get in, Get the Scoop, Get out alive.  (Read 2775 times)

scarypuppy

Re: Get in, Get the Scoop, Get out alive.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 02:23:56 AM »
the Sedan moaned as it rounded a final corner, where a shorter, older Somali man was standing, an old Russian pistol gripped in his withered hand, the other was holding a cigarette, which he took a final long drag and threw on the floor. The informant got out of the car and spoke with the man, greeting him with an embrace.  he motioned to the car and motioned for the crew to exit the car.
Later, the crew was outside a moderately large office building towards the center of town, where the older Somali had led them, he turned and spoke clearly in almost perfect english, "Mr. Aidid is pleased to speak with you, he has'nt gotten a chance to talk with Americans since his Father's Death." he motioned inside through a bullet riddled metal door.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »
Nameless stopped short, surprised. "Wait, y'all speak English?" He questioned, his voice coming out in a high pitched squeak.
Tomas snickered behind his hand, being the only human on the team was enjoyable sometimes. He could go where they couldn't. "Yes, they learned our language a while ago. Where were you?" He teased, slapping the fox on the back.
Alex managed to stifle his laughter while his smile radiated amusement as he watched the fox's expression. "Somalians speak English as well as you or I, some are even better." He sighed, what a lot this kid had to learn.
Syracuse looked the older man up and down, frowning in thought. "Have I seen you before?" She asked, politely bowing.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

scarypuppy

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »
As the older Somali prepared to speak another man stepped out, he stood at about normal height but his face was bright and cheerful, "I doubt it, Mr. Ubuntu has not been outside of Somalia for some time, and as for your younger friend, Yes, a majority of Somalis speak English, as well as Italian, French and numerous other languages, please, come in."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »
She nodded, bowing once more. "Thank you very much, sir." She murmured respectfully, her father's training still in her programming.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
Vladimir nods first to the gunner, then the colonel, speaking in perfect english. "I understand. I lost quite a few friends in the line of duty. Believe it or not, I served some time in Iraq. Hopefully things there go better for you than they did for us." He turns to David lapsing back into his native Russian. "Keep that camera running. If we run into an ambush and you miss even a single bullet so help me you'll be shipped back to moscow in your camera case. And Alex, keep your eyes open."

scarypuppy

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
the convoy rumbled along, the captain occasionally shouting at the driver.
Suddenly a ripple of bullets pelted the side of the apc, the gunner turning and firing wildly at a large open window. the convoy came to a stop as the peacekeepers engaged their attackers, UN troops taking cover around the vehicles. the Russian news team emerged and filmed the chaos, a technical bursting into flame, militiamen and Peacekeeprs alike catching random rounds from the erratic fire all around.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 12:08:14 AM »
Crouched behind a tank, the Russians began their performance. David kept the film rolling as the young Silver Foxes dove behind cover. The wolf was unusually lucky, which was most of the reason he had been appointed cameraman. Bullets ricocheted off the heavy armor of the tank in front of him, but not a single round so much as ruffled his shirt. Vladimir grabbed a dropped Maverick carbine, a weapon he had received training with when he had been Alex's age, and began firing back on their attackers, sure to stay out of David's shot.

scarypuppy

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 12:11:47 AM »
the Peacekeepers shouted at eachother in a mix of english and Pakistani, firing weapons at every Somali that came into range, a soldier tumbled out of the APC and shouted at the Camera, "Get to cover, you idiots!" the shooting went on, RPG's fired half hazardly into numerous directions, coming nowhere near the Vehicles but decimating civillian homes.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 12:58:20 AM »
David pivots and ducks behind the tank the instant the RPG's fire, catching the perfect angle to watch the homes collapse. Vlad tells him shots of a concrete barricade and the backs of tanks get horrible rating in very colorful Russian. Alex drags David behind a nearby APC, Vlad following suit soon after. "All this for a bunch of ingrates living on an inland beach?" "Let them decide how they waste their time, as long as it keeps us our jobs," the wolf says, his voice barely audible over the gunfire.

scarypuppy

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »
the fire began to peter out, a few stray bullets still pinging off of the armor of the APC's and other vehicles. The commander, with a bloody gash across one eye, orders everyone back into the convoy so that the delivery could at least make it to the aid station.
The convoy arived at the Israeli station and delivered the goods, Medical supplies, Food packages, clothing and so on. The Pakistanis were all Interviewed, along with some nurses and Doctors, and the crew was taken back to the airport, where another news headline read out on their satellite laptop, "Russian Mutiny in St. Petersburg, Return immediately."

Broken: (Sorry been busy ^_^)

Aidid spoke clearly and intelligently, of his clan's wish to end all the fighting and lead Somalia under peacefull rule, however, when questioned on his repeating his father's Hunger tactic, Aidid went silent, instead turning the questions back to America becoming involved yet again.

Broken you have a choice now, Either continue your stay in Somalia for US involvement or hurry to Russia.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »
"What the hell do you mean mutiny!?" Vlad had been arguing with the feline for some time, but had yet to learn anything even remotely useful. "Is it an uprising or something? Communist resurrection? Middle-class unrest? Details!" "I apologize, sir, but I know nothing of what is happening in St. Petersburg." "Alright, then we'll play it by ear. Get us a helicopter, and I want it ready to fly by the time we land. And don't bother with a pilot, I'll fly the cussed thing myself." In the rear of the plane, David and Alex were busy editing their footage, providing voice over effects, and generally polishing it.

scarypuppy

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »
As the Small Heli flew back towards Russian skies, information came over the radio system, the Mutiny was caused by Russian Orthodox church leaders who wanted to turn Russia into a Theocracy, by force, and had a large Militia force that had taken over St. Petersburg before the military could mount an effective attack, now the Military was gearing for an all out urban battle.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
(I pick staying)
"Sir, do you have any comments on how our American president is helping?" She asked, keeping her manners.
Your Worst Nightmare