The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bit ticked off...  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
Bit ticked off...
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
I bought 3 games today...Gears Of War, Sonic The Hedgehog and Deadrising...all for 360...litle did I know that there was no "certificate of authenticity" onhe case of dead rising...I opened it and there was no manual...and I pulled the disc out...and it was cracked and scuffed and scratched...even the case was a bit damaged after looking at it closely...i'm not even gonna put it in my 360 to see if it'll work...and it was supposed to be new...it was wrapped in plastic and everything...

But I'm gonne take it back tomorrow...hoping they give me a new copy...

Which brings this to my atention...has it happened to anyone else?

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Bit ticked off...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
Hasn't happened to anybody I know. Where did you buy it?

Gotta be very careful when buying stuff, always check to make sure its a official, and brand new copy before you leave the store.

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »
never had a problem like that, are you sure it wasnt a second-hand dealer? those are never fully trustworthy when it comes to delivering un-damaged games

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:06 AM »
It was a game store...they sell new and used...called "Iceman Video Games"

I took it back on the Saturday...but the girl there couldn't help me ans she said that they don't re seal used games...and that she couldn't help me and said that I had to wait for the owner of the store to come in...and he's only in on the week days..so Monday after work...I'm gonna take it back...see what happens...

I've bought a lot of new games form them and never had this problem...

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 03:40:27 AM »
Well I surely wouldn't buy another after that happened

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »
Hedgers, I have had a similar situation with a game I bought from a game specialized store... not anywhere as severe (such as disc cracked), but I was able to repair the game on my own through a scratch repair system and I still enjoy the game to this day.

It's not exactly specific stores, it's specific people who do things like that.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 04:51:23 AM »
"well...didn't get a chance to return it...so maybe tomorrow morning...I'll snap a few pics of what it looks like...

I haven't even opened Gears of war yet....and as For sonic? I've opened it and browsed through the game manual and that's about it. Been too busy playing COD 4... ((Won 2 Free-For-Alls tonight XD))

I'm getting my dad to take it back tomorrow...seeming the store closes the time I get off work....I saw 3 Platinum hits version of the same game though on a diff shelf...

80% chance I'll get store cred for the game....but i'm just gonna exchange it...i'll double check if the seal is there...

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
I have actually had this experience. I bought a brand new computer game from Wal-Mart ( it was Civilization IV ) and I looked in the disks and it was missing a disk. Fortunatly i got a refund and i got a new game.  Sometimes they are damaged in shipping and such and dealers will sell them to retailers at a discounted price
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 03:51:37 AM »
well I got a new copy of the gmae...a "platinum Hits" edition of Deadrising...the other one wasn't....

My Dad took it in and exhanged it...the owner wrote somethign down on the receipt...but I can't read it...

and pics didn't turn out so good...which I thoght what would've happened...

but yea. got a new game and happy about it...I was gonna pre-order GTA IV from them