The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone collect old, low-spec and obsolete hardware?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Beta8088_Proto

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Protogen
  • Coloring: White and green
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 200KG
  • Build: Standard
Anyone collect old, low-spec and obsolete hardware?
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
I certainly do! I'm honestly a fan of vintage hardware, especially old DOS and Windows 9.x stuff. So far, I have:
-Packard Bell Multimedia 820 running Windows 98 Second Edition over MS-DOS 6.22, with a 3GB IDE hard drive, a CD-ROM drive that is a little sticky and unreliable, a 5.25" 1.2MB floppy drive, a 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive, USB 1.0, and a Network Anywhere Ethernet card
-A Toshiba Sattelite laptop running Windows X P Service Pack 3 with a (I think) 100GB IDE hard drive, an Atheros 7005 Wifi/Bluetooth adapter, a DVD drive, and naturally, USB,
-A Sony Mavica FD-71 floppy disk digital camera,
-A CRT TV/DVD player combo unit,
-A VCR,
-A 2-tray cassette deck,
-And a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Raspbian Stretch, or Retropie, depending on the use case.

I intend to get a few more old machines as well, including a Commodore 128, with all the hardware I'd need to run GEOS 128 and QuantumLink Reloaded, an IBM PC 5170 (AT), a ZX Spectrum 128K "Toastrack", and a parallel port, black-and-white dot matrix printer.

What about you? What old technology  doyou have? What do you want to get?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:22:38 PM by ComradeSch »
Might without brains is a sure road to disaster.