The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 28749 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2019, 01:07:25 AM »
Mesmerin chose not to interfere in the heated argument. It wasn't his place, and what would he say? He was just getting up from his own message, halfway off the table, when the Force again hit him with a disturbance - strong enough to cause him to groan, double over, and nearly fall on his face. He saw amber dragon eyes, on a creature he'd never seen before, as it spoke: "You all can argue over what to do and where to go, until the birds above obliterate us from orbit or we get ambushed by those things - whichever comes first - or you can take option B, and we get the hell out of here via a guaranteed option."

Anyone else seeing this would see Mesmerin, on his hands and knees, shuddering as though deathly ill.

Just before the vision ended, Mesmerin saw a black, humanoid, yet still insectoid creature, a creature he'd seen before, as it screeched and lunged for him...

... and Mesmerin leapt back, Force-pulled his lightsaber into his hand, and it went active with a snap-hiss and he held the weapon, ready to attack, the blade extending behind him with his Sith Shien style of Lightsaber Combat. His face portrayed a look of sheer terror, looking around for the creature he'd seen, but finding only his own twitchiness to contend with. With a shuddering sigh, he extinguished his blade, dressed, collected his things, and left, still visibly shaking.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2019, 01:10:45 AM »
Emilá has reached for Mesmerin when he fell to his knees. “Mesmerin, are you-“ And when he leaped up with the lightsaber she yelps and jumps back, avoiding being cut in half by the plasma hot blade. “Woah!” She grabs a robe from a terrified masseuse and follows after him, sensing his disturbance. “What was that?” She asks in a hushed tone.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2019, 01:11:50 AM »
"Then marry someone else and throw a wrench into his plans. You came here to celebrate a marriage, so why not have one? I hear they have a chapel on this world." Sora spoke, watching as the masseurs were working on the vixen. She was about to say more before she heard the sound of a saber turning on from a nearby massage table that startled her to attention, making her pull out both of her larger pistols. She looked about to see what was going on, her pistols aimed at Mesmerin. "The heck? Are you about to start something here?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:43:08 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2019, 02:23:03 AM »
Mesmerin kept walking, and stopped just shy of the stairs, breathing rapidly, almost hyperventilating. He leaned, shaking violently, on a door frame, his breaths ragged and trembling. His right hand gripped the door frame, and creaking could be heard, tiny cracks appearing beneath his hand. His left hand went up to his forehead, between his eyes, and his eyes were closed. "Tell me... tell me it's not them... tell me it's not them... tell me it's not them...!" he kept repeating, the last one uttered in a hoarse, hissing voice.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2019, 02:25:12 AM »
Emilá follows, worried about Mesmerin and also cautious. A very canny observer would see something slide into her sleeve. “It’s not who? Mesmerin calm down, you’re safe right now.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2019, 02:38:27 AM »
On hearing Emila's voice, Mesmerin nearly jumped out of his skin, but thankfully, didn't draw his weapon. He shook, staring Emila down with a wide-eyed terror. "Eight years ago... I nearly became their victim," he told her with a shaky voice. "Now they're here... in my lifetime, they're back... to try again. For a second time, I am within their grasp... I won't end up like the others... not like them..."

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2019, 02:39:55 AM »
“Hey, calm down.” She says in a soothing murmurs. “Take deep breaths. Nothing is after you right now. And you will be prepared when they do. Calm down, and tell me about these terrors.”

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2019, 02:50:27 AM »
Mesmerin couldn't calm down, but hearing Emila's soothing voice was enough to at least calm his mind down enough for him to gather his thoughts, then explain: "Eight years ago, while working as a mercenary for the UNSC... I led an expedition to a world. LV-656, as Weyland-Yutani called it... only WY didn't tell us of the bugs. Xenomorphs, they were called. Whole g*****n hive of them. Their hive was just half a klick south of the colony we were investigating." Mesmerin shuddered. "Over thirty of us went to LV-656... only I got out alive. I... I saw what they did to the others. I saw how they died... and I swore to myself I wouldn't end up like that. So I beelined it to my ship, and blasted off LV-656. I never went back. I... had hoped I'd seen the last of those things there..."

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2019, 02:52:42 AM »
Emilá frowns. “You think they’re here, with us?” She offers Mesmerin a glass of water, seemingly out of nowhere.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2019, 02:57:37 AM »
Mesmerin hesitated, then motioned his head for Emila to come closer. The expression on his face said what he couldn't say aloud: What I am about to tell you is not to be shared with anyone else. What I know cannot be said aloud.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2019, 04:40:40 AM »
Eddie drove to the woodland area, then parked at the turnout and started heading on foot into the woods. "Jay's last transmission put him heading for a ridge some ways from here," he told Rae. "Watch your step."

*** Back at the Hotel ***

And who should be at a nearby massage table but Mesmerin. He seemed to be enjoying his massage, as though he'd forgotten the disturbances in the Force he felt.
(don't mean to be mean ,but sheese guys don't leave the others out of the party :P )

"This place looks oddly famliar." Rae pointed out as she got out of Eddies vehicle. "Was this not the location the reporter said 2 others had gone missing?" the white vixen asked.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:18 AM »
Jayce had tailed Eddie’s SUV, using the trees and foliage as cover. As the sheriff and his cohort had exited the vehicle, the Mongdrigan probably would have given them a warning shot from the arquebus. But, his gear was back on his ship, which he was positive it had been impounded. As Jayce maneuvered around the trees, he fell. His coat again triggered, a horrendous, bassy thrum filled the air briefly, along with the tang of burnt ozone and orange light.

With his haphazard sprint through the bushes, Jayce looked mad and disheveled.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2019, 05:12:14 AM »
Emilá leans in close, merely a half whisper away from the forbidden knowledge.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2019, 05:43:24 AM »
Jayce had tailed Eddie’s SUV, using the trees and foliage as cover. As the sheriff and his cohort had exited the vehicle, the Mongdrigan probably would have given them a warning shot from the arquebus. But, his gear was back on his ship, which he was positive it had been impounded. As Jayce maneuvered around the trees, he fell. His coat again triggered, a horrendous, bassy thrum filled the air briefly, along with the tang of burnt ozone and orange light.

With his haphazard sprint through the bushes, Jayce looked mad and disheveled.
In almost an instant, Rae drew her Br-95 and aimed it in Jayce's general direction her helmet materializing on her head, "ALRIGHT COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD!" She shouted feeling the presence of someone else... though she couldn't tell who... the flashing orange light didn't help her pinpoint Jayce's location exactly but she had a general idea.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2019, 06:49:05 AM »
“T’ain’t no honor in shootin’ an unarmed man,” Jayce called back as he picked himself up. “Put the gun down and I’ll come out.” He had no intention of being shot, but still wanted to get things cleared up. Obviously he had done something wrong, but he wasn’t sure what.