The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: GDPR Compliance  (Read 6021 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
GDPR Compliance
« on: June 02, 2018, 02:51:08 AM »
As many of you will know, the General Data Protection Regulation was introduced by the EU on May 25th.

To be compliant, we have implemented a new privacy policy. You will have to agree to this and the registration agreement on any occasion they are changed - a rarity.

Additionally, in the event a member's account is deleted the username and email will be randomly replaced. You are also able to export your data from the forums if you so choose.

These changes are strictly to adhere to the new regulation and will not benefit you in any other way.

For more information on the GDPR please see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:56:50 AM by Tweak »

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: GDPR Compliance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »
Don't you think it's a little over the top to force us to agree with giving you access to our firstborn children's souls?

Seriously, dude. A little over the top...

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
Don't you think it's a little over the top to force us to agree with giving you access to our firstborn children's souls?

Don't worry, we're not worthy anyway.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »

To be fair you should direct your complaints to the EU not Tweak or this forum.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
To be fair you should direct your complaints to the EU not Tweak or this forum.
I'm fairly sure that's not a requirement by the GDPR but just a silly thing Tweak put in quite some time ago to see if anyone was actually reading it.

Especially as this is not part of the privacy policy (which is what was updated) but rather the general ToS which, to my knowledge, has been that way for ages at this point.

The EU had nothing to do with that particular line and I'm fairly sure it was already in there by the time both of you originally created your forum accounts XD
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:56:13 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 12:07:34 AM »
People just noticed that now? XD
Surely Tweak will give my soul better use than I have.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:21 AM »
Good to see after 10 years that someone has finally actually read the one thing everyone agrees to when they join the forum!

It was, of course, intended as a joke and was a test into whether anyone actually reads it, so far, very few people have. I tend to forget it's even in there.

The forum agreement is not legally binding, it's merely what we expect from users and what to expect from us on the forum. It's an extension of the rules and has never been enacted. The Privacy Policy is, however, legally binding and protects your personal data.

I can, of course, remove it if you are really that bothered about a joke, but as I stated in my original post it will cause everyone to have to re-agree to it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 10:34:40 PM »
And if I don't?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13