The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Storm Songs (open RP)  (Read 11995 times)

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: american badger/ground pangolin hybrid
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: haven't measured in a while...
  • Build: A bit of muscle, but not a lot. Scales abound.
  • Currently: trying to make sense of everything
Re: Storm Songs (open RP)
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
Fulvius greeted the fox with a wave, "Hello, Zane," he stood up and walked to the counter, "What questions do you have?"
"and maybe we weren't put on this earth to rape and pillage and ravage
because god created puppy dogs and god created kittens
and our love creates a power plant
that generates this world
and if we stop now
then we'll just disappear into oblivion"

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
(Aww Fluff... Sorry for forgetting guys, lifes been busy since I graduated)

Wilco nods slowly and gets up, grabbing a mysterious cloak from the hook next to him and wrapping it around Isetta. "If he jumps you, this'll keep you safe..." He whispers in her ear, before turning away and finding his stash of silver, starts working on the raccons request.

[For Ray's Eyes Only]
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Canid before you seems like one that was locally here since his life started, and has seen the town grow and been with it through its times and troubles. His name, if spoken aloud, will register with you (maybe), as many people, some in Aetera as well, knew of his masterful blacksmithing father, who had filled orders for the Queen herself and was trusted, hence no guards around. This... knowledgeable canid... Wilco... may be useful... (But what of the girl? What is her relationship with the canid? Up to you to decide.)
[Hope that fits well with you Ray.]

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
Ray finished his drink and set the glass down gently, paw shaking. He toyed with the amulet around his neck and stood. "I'm afraid I must leave. I have much to do. Leave the crafts in a burlap bag outside."
He then turned and stepped outside, drawing upon his pistol.
One of those brigands, Ray thought, bore the stench of the beast. He must be dealt with.
The raccoon sprinted off into the wilderness, vanishing into the greenery accompanied by the snapping of twigs.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2019, 02:52:51 PM »
The cheetah had finally arrived in the main centre, ready to settle down for the day. That, plus it was probably not a good sign things started to get a little weird for her, not to mention the headache she started to get. This really wouldn't go on for much longer. People would die because of this madness, and she was not planning to be the first one to do so. This was ridiculous. Wanting to seek shelter ASAP, the cheetah just stumbled toward the first establishment she saw in the town square and tried to go inside without questioning anything any further.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2019, 01:16:05 AM »
Nova stared at the town's well, his tongue drier than it has ever been in his life. He shifted his wings uncomfortably. He walked to the nearest house and asked where he could find a tavern, or a bounty board. "Bounty board? Erm. It's at a tav-" The resident looked up. "Lizardfolk!!!" he hissed and pulled out a knife. Nova dodged the first couple of swings, but then got a deep gash in his chest. Just a scratch to him, but lethal to anyone else. His eyes flashed purple and his attacker dropped, unconscious. Intending to find the tavern, he went the the street. Found the tavern, and walked in. At the same time healing his gash, and asked for some food. Meat specifically.

Offline CookieSkunk

• Skunks can be cute too...
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: black white purple
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Build: curvy
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:09 AM »
Isetta pulled the cloak close around her, sitting close to the forge, shivering from nerves more than cold. She watched the door long after the stranger had left, her tail tip twitching against her legs. "Something about him.." she whispered before shaking herself and turning her attentions back to the cloak she wore. "What is this cloak, love? I don't recall it."

Ornon found himself quite suddenly busy in the bar. Eyeing the carcass on the counter, he smiled a half smile. "Well, we generally prefer money, but food is food." pouring a mug of ale, he set it next to the rabbit, careful of any blood that might have splattered. "If you want to know about the heat, tho, you're looking for that gentleman there" Ornon tilted his maned head toward the corner where the cold fireplace lay. There, Tiberius sat, still in his dark cloak, alone at a table. "He's the one who brought the news."

Shortly after Ornon gave these directions a Cheetah stumbled in, causing several patrons to curse as they were bumped into. Ornon rushed over, catching her and directing her to a chair to sit, bringing her some of the precious water. "Are you ok?"

No sooner had he said this did he hear the commotion outside and scaled being came in. Ornon stood quickly, his tail lashing. "Remove your cloak and identify yourself" he said, claws unsheathing from his paws. "So we may know if you are friend or one of those we hunt."

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: half-fox and half-frog
  • Coloring: Mostly green with red tipping
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 05:53:07 AM »
Zane hand over the signed paperwork, "I like to know that is that basic deal and can you make a glove with a special pocket for my new toy. I do have a bad habit of misplacing them."

The shadow mage felt a odd wave through the shadow within his range but it was far enough that it wasn't clear. He dismiss it for now unless it gain more wave. He want to make sure that he is ready for his next fun and this fellow had caught his attention.

A quick shake of head, "And what is your enchanting strength on shadow magic. I looking for very special jacket."

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

........ RRRRMEW

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:28 AM »

"Yes, I can make a glove like that for you. All my products come with carrying cases. I'll need some measurements first," Fulvius said. As he put the signed contract under the counter, he took out some measuring tape and began to mark Zane's measurements on a scrap of paper. After about a minute, he moved the paper and tape to a desk.

"Now, about your second question, Zane," Fulvius leaned onto the counter, "I don't have any way of doing "real" magic. I can only modify my own works with physical materials. I can't tell you exactly how it works, but it isn't anything like true magic -- it's the materials doing the enhancing, I'm just getting them to do it the way I want. So unfortunately, I can't help you with the jacket. Plus," Fulvius smiled, "I'm more of a metalworker than a tailor. If I made a jacket it'd probably be pretty uncomfortable."

Fulvius grabbed another piece of paper, and added together some numbers, looking at a sheet inlaid under glass into the counter, "Anyway, the price of your purchase comes to 263 gold, with an extra ten silver for leather gloves or five silver for cotton gloves. Do you find this a fair price?" Fulvius reached out his scaly hand across the table, and looked Zane in the eyes from over his glasses.

and if we stop now

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2019, 02:50:17 AM »
Wilco smiles and stops his work, having already done quite a bit. "The cloak was one my father had made for my mother... she was known for being easy pickings, being a full pacifist. So dad had made her the cloak of Protection, with the help of..." He thinks for a minute. "Parathra, that was it. Town Wizard at the time, very powerful. Very friendly, too. So dad and Parathra made the Cloak of protection for mother, and she wore it a lot afterwards, especially when she was bearing me and my brother... Sadly, when I was about 4, this was before I met you, she forgot it one night and was jumped by a thief, who killed her..." He goes silent as tears threaten to break. "That hunter... He's a beast... though he tries to deny it... I could see it in his eyes... like he tried to see in me..." He turns back to his work, going quiet.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »
"So," hissed the bandit. "You've come for me, then?"
Ray grit his teeth, wiping the blood from his mouth. "Unholy beast. You and your men have stolen my sword. I will have your head."
The bandit smirked and drew his axe. Wickedly curved, barbed and bloodstained, it was a fearsome weapon. He stepped towards Ray, his eyes wild and hate-filled. His opening gambit was a vicious overhead swing, aiming to cleave the raccoon's skull in two.
Ray brought his arm up, catching the axe just below the blade. Ray lashed out with an open paw, quickly tearing his silver sword free from the bandit's belt. Giving himself some room, Ray drew the blade quickly in front of himself, forcing his opponent back.
After regaining composure, the bandit charged forward with a horrifying roar, but was cut off by a swift swipe by the hunter, whose silver blade slid through the bandit's neck like a hot-knife through butter. Ray didn't let the bandit hit the ground before freeing his opponent's head from his body. With a flourish, the hunter sheathed his sword and started away, leaving the bandit's comrade's speechless, even as Ray began dragging the corpse away.

Ray grunted as he hefted the body higher onto his back. He needed it, as the organs were important for his medicine. The meat would be pressed, the fluids extracted and distilled. This would then be mixed with laudanum and a touch of mint. This tincture would subdue the beast, for a time.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2019, 05:13:11 PM »
The cheetah happily took the water and downed it in one go. Giving a somewhat annoyed sigh, she swore to herself not to leave without water again... That sounded awfully much like the last time she had that darn thought. Just look at what she did with that. The cheetah cursed herself silently, flipping her tail under her cloak in self-annoyance. Stealing just enough to survive wouldn't cut it. Not this time.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 01:30:32 AM »
Nova growled, obviously annoyed at being stopped. He thought about pulling out one of his throwing knives and using that as an distraction, but his mind was pre-occupied with his chest wound. Deciding that he wanted to live to atleast drink some water, he slowly took off his heavy cloak, revealing form fitting plate armor, and weapons befit of a assassin, or a trained foot soldier. "I am neither friend, nor foe, but that can change quickly" he said, his voice scratchy due to his throat being dry "I have heard of the lizardfolk rumor, but I am not one of them." He snatched his favorite weapons from the ground, a broadsword and an enchanted bow, and held them close, not wanting them to get damaged, and sat down in a booth, under Ornon's watchful eye, prepared to answer nearly any questions he has. Shifting uncomfortably under Ornon's glare, his jagged wing hit the wall and he hissed, his eyes flashing purple, shocking himself with a tiny bolt of lightning.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:33:37 AM by NovaKamikazi »

Offline CookieSkunk

• Skunks can be cute too...
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: black white purple
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Build: curvy
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2019, 12:06:17 AM »
Ornon lowered his claws, drawing a mug of water and bringing it to the dragon. He spoke softly, his ears lowered in apology. "We just learned of the lizardfolk, ourselves, and are a bit on edge. Our townspeople - including my sister - are gearing up to try and stop them (assuming they can find them)." setting the water on the table, he lowered his chin "I meant no harm, it is better to be safe, then be dead."

Slowly the lion turned, checking on the cheetah near the bar,  and looking over the other patrons as well. His paws were going to be full without his sister to help, not that he wasn't capable. He waited to see if the dragon had anything else to say.

Nearby, Tiberius sat folded over a book, thumbing thru the pages, his wrinkled hands scratching at the old pages as he followed the text with his finger tips, careful to not miss a single word. He occasionally would mumble a word to himself as he read, sounding almost like a code; "lizardmen...... knife....... shaman...... sacrifice....... heat...... desert....... "

Isetta  moved to her fiance, slowly turning him to look at her. "If there is a beast in you, I've never seen it - not in all the years I've known you. We would not be engaged if I had." she ran her paw over her stomach "This... would not be here if I had." she blushed and pulled the cloak around them both as she wrapped her arms around him. "Now. what needs to be done for this quest of ours?" she asked, hoping to lighten the mood. Leaning up she kissed him softly, holding him close.

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: half-fox and half-frog
  • Coloring: Mostly green with red tipping
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2019, 09:51:21 AM »
Zane nod in agreement. "Hmm. If it quick then I would be fine with a quick work. I little annoy with the heat so I like to see if there something to do after that old one spoke of.  And that price is fair enough to me. And oh well. I will find that perfect coat." The short fox stare away in distance.

A quick shake of his head, "Sorry about that. Anyway, would you happen to know which road I need to walk to the land of lizard folk. If there something to this theory then it might be fun."  He smirk while he pull out a small leather bag of coins out of his deep pocket.

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

........ RRRRMEW

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2019, 04:08:31 AM »

"Well, I'm glad we made a good deal. And as far as the lizard folk, I've done business with them but I've got no idea where they come from. Certainly not from in town. I think that old man at the bar across town may have some information. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious myself," Fulvius walked around to the other side of the counter, "I'm gonna head out to that bar. I'm probably gonna have to close down for a while until this heat dies down anyways, might as well have a bit of fun for the day, no?"

Fulvius wiped his smokey glasses and continued, "Oh, and don't worry about your lockpick, it'll be done in a few days. I work quickly at night. I'll meet you outside, just have to get everything set for closing."
and if we stop now

-andrew jackson jihad