The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What even am I?  (Read 667 times)

Offline Rochard

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
What even am I?
« on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »
Okay, first of all, I greet you guys.

I am not a furry directly.. I do like fursonas and the idea of a furry and well.. I do like the adult things in this genre :)
But I have no idea what my Fursona would be.. and I wanted to actually ask experts like you guys.. how do you find out what you are?
Or am I just a regular guy who wants to be a furry?
Is there a way to find out what your fursona is or is it something you need to know for yourself?

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: What even am I?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
Nice to meet you Rochard!

Honestly, the choice of fursona is something that many people experiment upon and can even change many times before being content with a specific identity, some people have multiple characters to represent different parts of themselves.

A great way to find your fursona is to look around at many different species online and pick something you are comfortable with or to create a new one. You'll know when you are content ^_^.

*Gives tiramisu* Sooo, do you like to play any videogames?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Rochard

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
Welp, as many people in these times my whole life wraps it self around video games, so yeah.. I love Video games.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:15 PM »
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

You don't really technically need a fursona to be a furry. All you need is to like anthro animals. So there. You're a furry now.

Really, there's no set rules on how to choose your sona. Pick an animal you identify with, maybe one you like, maybe just one that looks cool/cute. Anything goes really.

If you have any other questions or want to chat feel free to message :3
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline MeltingSnowman

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sheep
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 12:28:26 AM »
When I was creating my fursona, I went through a LOT of trial and error. First species I chose was a cat, and I tried all different colours and stuff too. I tried brown, purple, pink, green, blue, and yellow. I tried to see which colours go best with each other, but nothing clicked for me. I temporarily tried a dog with some yellow markings around the eyes, but that didn't last long. I tried a frog once too, but didn't take to that either.

Eventually, I thought that I would try out a sheep, and I loved it! I tried with and without horns, different types of ears, different hair styles, and different colours and fur patterns. And now, I can finally say that I really love the character that I created!

I guess what I'm trying to say is... my sona changed many times before I decided on something that I liked. You don't HAVE to like your first choice, you just have to throw it out there. Pick an animal - any animal - that you like, and imagine in your head what you would make them look like. Try different colours and patterns. If in the end you don't like it, then try something different! You won't know what you like until you create a character and try them out!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:44:11 AM »
Welcome aboard, Rochard!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »
Ok. Very late. But I'd like to add there are many open species, or closed ones (you'd need to buy it) that are also available! Or squish two or more animals together! Also you can use mythological creatures. Have fun with it!