The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [TECHNICAL] Internal security suggestion. (Two-man rule)  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: [TECHNICAL] Internal security suggestion. (Two-man rule)
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »
If with "fraud departemant" you mean "anti-fraud departement" you may have a point?

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 05:12:38 AM »
So a few things I should mention.
  1. Resigning is not the same as firing, when you resign you make the choice so there isn't much dramatic or upsetting things going on, so yes they can keep you (and prefer to keep you for a few weeks to smooth out your transition).
  2. I guess it depends on the nature of firing and the culture you're in. I do find it strange that a company would go "You're fired, you have failed to meet your quotas and aren't doing well enough so we have to let you go. But we'll keep you around for a bit longer, but we're letting you go". Just in my experience its always been, if your fired, you're fired. But again maybe things like being fired for redundancy might be a little different (you're not fired for doing something wrong the company just doesn't need you).

And for Ventus, you can ask her if you want. I kinda already expect the answer to be very negative against the current system, I mean she was the one who got dismissed after all, but you know you're free to ask her if you want. Just remember, she's only one opinion, and you can't use that one opinion to dismiss the 5 or 6 other opinions you've just heard.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 05:44:44 AM »
And for Ventus, you can ask her if you want. I kinda already expect the answer to be very negative against the current system, I mean she was the one who got dismissed after all, but you know you're free to ask her if you want. Just remember, she's only one opinion, and you can't use that one opinion to dismiss the 5 or 6 other opinions you've just heard.
I know sh's just one opinion.
But it might be one opinion that adds a tad more, even if it's just a vey tiny bit, just that one more would never mind.
Talking about Ventus, where is she?

Anyway, thanks for the updates, lads

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 06:25:26 AM »
She's still on the forum (I think), you can PM her if you want.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:44:46 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 06:26:00 AM »
oh okay, thanks for the info  :)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 06:41:26 AM »
Yeah, voluntary resignation is a bit different, naturally. Um, basically here's some short examples to clarify how I meant:

(Note: This specifically applies to Sweden and I obviously can't speak for any other systems or cultures present in other countries)

1. If, say, the employer needs to cut down on staff due to financial reasons, an employee is failing to meet necessary quotas or other similar reasons (mostly, as you say, redundancy reasons); Then you need to give said prior notice as the employee is not necessarily directly at fault (things like underperformance is usually not considered a direct fault of the employee) and thus they should be given ample chance to prepare themselves to move on as opposed to being tossed out of their office and being potentially left without any further income before they can find an alternate source of income.

2. If the employee however, say, leaks confidential information, intentionally sabotages operations or otherwise misbehaves to the point of warranting termination (especially if they've already received warning(s) for misbehavior); Only then may an immediate termination be legally accepted as it would be made directly as result of the employee's actions meaning the employee is indeed at fault.

Anyhow, @Anoni, this is probably getting a bit too off-topic so I'll digress. Feel free to message me either in PM or IM or whatnot if you'd like to continue discussing it! ^_^

Talking about Ventus, where is she?
I believe she posted, alongside MrRazot, that they were leaving the forum, at least for the time being. They also posted their contact details for discord for anyone who wanted to talk to them. Should be in the temporary section :)

EDIT: Referring to this, https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=38088.0
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:46:04 AM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!