The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: For Honor is making me seriously depressed  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
For Honor is making me seriously depressed
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:21:03 PM »
The constant ganking, emote spam, throwing off ledges, vortexes, being put with people WAY higher of a skill level than me honestly is ruining the game entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, the idea of a third person close combat strategic fighting game set in the medieval era is very great, I love the combat system, I love the characters, and I just like it in general.

I main many classes, I main Valkyrie, conqueror, Lawbringer, shugoki, Centurion and sometimes orochi, and I love all of them, and I'm pretty decent at the game (can parry nobushi lights and dodge valkyries leg sweep) so skill isn't really my issue. It's the player base.

I play on Xbox one btw, the only game modes I really play are duel and brawl, you might catch me playing elimination here in there but that's about it.

I'm 14, and pretty much have no life, I basically eat pizza and play video games all day, and playing the keyboard and For Honor are my only talents, just to be more clear.

Time to get to the point, first off, Raiders, I seriously hate raiders, I would rather get 1v4d by Centurion than fight a raider, I'll explain why.

Literally and I MEAN LITERALLY every raider I fight is dishonorable and spammy, he will always spam the heavy cancel into stunning tap, and everytime he manages to land it he gaurdbreaks me (which usually doesn't work because I've gotten very good at countering gaurdbreak) but if he DOES get the gaurdbreak, he will try his absolute goddamn hardest to throw me off the ledge, and in brawls, every raider 2v1s you and spans emotes when they kill you, and they will also most likely call you trash at the end of the match. Why are raiders so cancerous? I really want to know, going through all of this makes me quit the match as soon as I see a raider. Can someone tell me why raiders are such dicks compared to everyone else?

Second off, wardens, I also hate wardens because most of them are complete tryhards and get extremely salty when you beat them, well at least for me they do, most wardens are generally easy to beat and I have no problem countering his vortex, but they are such a chore to fight, all they do is spam the light into shoulder bash vortex, and if you dodge it they'll cancel into gaurdbreak and throw you into a wall for a free heavy, and if your low on health they'll do a zone attack, that's literally their entire strategy, not only do wardens do the same crap, but they also spam "wow!" And get very salty when you beat them, and then the next match they will throw off the ledge and say their better than you, so **censor** wardens.

Next, peacekeepers attack speed, I'll be short since hundreds of people have ranted about this already, but it's too damn fast to react to, I don't care if you tell me you can parry it and it's easy for you, good for you, you did something that I can't, wanna cookie? Be helpful and give me advice instead of saying git gud, or else get out because your aren't helping anybody. But yeah, please lower her attack speed, it's ridiculous.

Every conqueror spams the heavy into shield bash vortex as well, but then again it's predictable and easy to counter, so that's not really a problem. Still annoying to fight though.

And then there's Lawbringer, I understand that he's a defensive counterattacker but you don't have to guardbreak me every time you do a shove do you? There's no way to counter it and it's very annoying, and if you don't know what I'm talking about I mean they shove you, then as you dodge they gaurdbreak you, rinse and repeat, I hate Lawbringers that do that, ruins the fun.

Next, the ganking, the constant 2v1s that I always experience in brawls is making me want to quit the game, every time someonebeats my partner they always come and gang up on me and it's infuriating to say the least, there's times where I ledge people and they get salty and 2v1 next round, dude grow some balls and deal with it, just because I killed you that way foes not justify a 2v1, also just to clarify I rarely ledge people unless I'm forced to.

Then there's times where people do it for no reason and just want to be an asshole, why though? It ruins the game for everyone, your heartless if you do crap like that.

And don't say "just go 1v1", I want to play with a friend, and if we let you 1v1 you should let us 1v1, it's only fair that way, I can't have fun if I get ganged up on and can't do anything, it's not fun at all, and nothing justifies it.

There's also multiple times where I'm low on health, and suddenly I can't counter their gaurdbreaks and can't parry anything, and I get killed, it's like the game is preventing me from winning, its very annoying, and no it's not panic, I usually keep my cool when on low health, so don't say that.

I guess that's it for my rant, let me know what you guys think in the comments down below, but considering this is one of my favorite games, and one of the only games I play, having to deal with a playerbase this bad has put me through depression episodes, I'm not kidding.

Also one last thing, why did the devs thought that it would be a good idea to make it where if you block valks dash attacks that you get a free guardbreak? Why? It seriously hinders her offensive ability.

"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: For Honor is making me seriously depressed
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »
If your not enjoying it, stop playing it.

Also, its a game about killing your enemies. If you end up in a 2V1 situation with you being the One, Either they outplayed you, or you **censor** up. Don't blame the enemy team for not playing by your house-rules. When you die, step back, and analyze WHY you died, how you could avoid it, and if avoiding it is even the right thing to do. (When I play Overwatch, I sometimes jump into the enemy team suicidally knowing that  I can probably kill some of them, and killing two of them is worth my own death.)
Never blame your enemy, and never vocally blame your team. Sometimes you will get placed against people who are better than you, in those instances, watch them, learn from them. Sometimes you are paired with a bad team, use it as an opportunity to allow your own skills to shine even brighter.

If you play to win, you will leave 50% of all games disappointed. If you play to improve, the only things that will ruin your experience will be internet issues.

And if at any point you stop enjoying it, stop playing.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:14:23 AM »
I just said that skill wasn't the problem, the only way that they can manage to 2v1 is either of these 3 things: my teammate sucks, the other player is more skillful than me, or they just spammed and kept me at bay and stalled for time so that their partner can come and help.

I'm trying to improve, and I definitely am, I went from never being able to counter gaurdbreak to be able to parry nobusbi lights in less than 2 months, that's a massive improvement, I'm getting better for sure, so that's not the problem either.

Also what your saying at the beginning is dumb, I said that for honor is one of the only games I play, and video games is one of my only hobbies, so if I quit for honor than I'll lose a massive chunk of daily entertainment and fun, I don't want that to happen. Thanks for trying though.
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Punk Hyena

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Dont have a box new!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: spotty brown
  • Height: 120 pounds
  • Weight: 4 foot tall
  • Build: pink femboy fox
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 04:34:37 AM »
<REMOVED>

Also there is no real honor in these kinds of games whatever is possible in game is viable even if its annoying.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:40:35 PM by anoni, Reason: Please do not disrespect other members »
I am 3/2 years old and drank 3 pizza

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
If something is makng you sad or depressed then stop doing that thing; I've done it before, lo and behold it works
If you don't have anything to do, turn off the Xbox and go outside, get some exercise. Take the buz into town and spend a few hours there. Most importantly, get exercise and sunlight. That's one of the best natural remedies for depression. Sitting at home playing game that you know will make you sad is a little bit ridiculous when you then complain about it here. To put it into perspective it's like me complaining about my weight whilst I stuff my face with pie and chips.

So yeah, my advice is to pop a podcast/audiobook/music on and just go for a walk. Listening to something really helps you eat up the miles and you'll most likely feel much better after. If that really won't cut it for you (which shouldn't be the case at all >.>) Then try another video game
From a depressed kid to a depressed kid, get off the screens and into nature; you'll feel so much better
Good luck my friend
[/URL]

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »
If something is makng you sad or depressed then stop doing that thing; I've done it before, lo and behold it works
If you don't have anything to do, turn off the Xbox and go outside, get some exercise. Take the buz into town and spend a few hours there. Most importantly, get exercise and sunlight. That's one of the best natural remedies for depression. Sitting at home playing game that you know will make you sad is a little bit ridiculous when you then complain about it here. To put it into perspective it's like me complaining about my weight whilst I stuff my face with pie and chips.

So yeah, my advice is to pop a podcast/audiobook/music on and just go for a walk. Listening to something really helps you eat up the miles and you'll most likely feel much better after. If that really won't cut it for you (which shouldn't be the case at all >.> ) Then try another video game
From a depressed kid to a depressed kid, get off the screens and into nature; you'll feel so much better
Good luck my friend

jokes aside, that's perfect advice. I wonder though if appreciation of natural life is just something that comes with age, because I used to be in the same position as Isscarus.

Saving the hell of a long story, I used to always go to LAN parties and whatnot, and we would always play the same games:
Dota 1.6
Dota 1.6
and Dota 1.7

I sucked horrendously at these games and I would be the one pushing for us all to play CS:S and I figured a thing or two about this stuff...

It's not that you're playing against other people, it's that you're playing with other people. Sure you want to be the best, but Video Games are about having fun. If you're not having fun, then there's no point in playing it.
If you want to get good at something, spend more time doing it. Ever seen the South Park episode where they play World of Warcraft? you likely need to reduce yourself to calling on your mum to use the toilet because you're too obese to move in order to beat these guys. Otherwise, here's some Aisan battle philosophy: "Only a man who has accepted that he has lost, has a chance of winning".

Fun fact: Honour is over rated. If you win, you win. If you can find  good way to push people off ledges in that game, then you're winning and no one can complain, because they're not good enough to stop that from happening. Even the Samurai of old didn't have this romanticised idea of honour and fair-play. Maybe that's the point?

Now you can keep playing this game and git gud, or you can realise that life is short and try something else. I remember when I was 15 and I finished Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground 2. I ran to my dad crying saying that "I'm wasting my life".
I genuinely felt like that and I wanted to actively go ahead and learn to skateboard. Idk dude, but you love For Honor so much, why not try and take up an actual Martial Art? Look for HEMA (Historical European Martial Art) clubs and that's basically all the For Honor stuff they do in the game.

I've been keeping an eye on your posts, and I think you can be a much better person than you think you can be. I say stop complaining and just do it. You don't have any other hobbies? Dude, eating food can be considered a hobby. It's just taking things that you love and doing them. That's all that a hobby is. Finding more hobbies? find what you already like and see how that branches out.

e.g.
Video Gaming as a hobby can branch out into:
>Game making
>Concept art
>Designing
>Programming
>Professional Gaming

You can even just sit with Video Gaming and start a Clan or something.

I used to play a lot of Legend of Zelda.
That game led me on to taking up Sword Fighting as a Martial Art, Archery and horse riding.

Advice from someone that's basically you in 9 years?
Don't grow up and don't be so damn hard on yourself. The game is having fun, so have fun and make friends who want to have the same fun.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 02:09:05 AM »
I'm WAY too lazy to exercise, that and this game is as addictive as cigarettes, even if I hate it I can't stop playing it. And no i don't smoke, I was just making an example.

Also as for the other hobbies thing, I have no talent besides video games and playing the keyboard, become a professional pianist? Sure, I can do that, but it's literally the only notable skill I have outside of playing video games, besides that I'm useless.

Post Merge: July 17, 2017, 02:16:14 AM
I'm worthless anyway, I don't really know why you guys even care, I came here to vent and get things off my chest.

Quit recommending hobbies, I'll never be good at them, especially exercise, my body was not built for any sort of exercise, and any other hobby I'll be bad at.

Tried drawing, I suck at it, tried animating, I suck at it, tried becoming an athlete, I suck at it, I tried tennis, I suck at it, I tried bowling, I suck at it, tried boxing, I suck at it.

I just suck at everything, the only things going for me in life are becoming professional gamer and pianist, I'll suck at everything else, period, now quit suggesting hobbies I know I'll suck at.

I did do martial arts, I did tai kwon do, karate and jujitsu, I was top in my class and beat everyone who was above me, I even fought my sensei once and he said that he somewhat struggled to beat me, I have tons of martial arts talent, however video games came along and made me so lazy to the point where I don't have the willpower to even try it anymore, so can't do that either.

Post Merge: July 17, 2017, 09:20:55 PM
Hello guys, look, I'm sorry for acting so pitiful and childish, that was the little kid in me that you were talking to, I got salty over losing and decided to rant about it, I apologize.

I do hope you guys accept my apology, we all make mistakes, and I'm still learning.

You guys are right, no use complaining if I'm not gonna do something about it, how can i be so idiotic? I confuse myself with the things I do sometimes.

I'll try to improve, I'll try new hobbies, I'm actually pretty good at bowling as well, I'll keep on doing that and see what I can improve, thank you guys for taking your time and giving me advice, really makes this community shine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:20:55 PM by Lord Isscarus, Reason: Merged DoublePost »