The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rabid  (Read 29287 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Rabid
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2017, 05:30:40 AM »
"A broken arm is a helluva lot better than a ripped out throat," Blaine replied coolly, getting face to face with the gator. His face was almost smirking, but his grip on his baseball bat was tight.

Tyler stepped to them both and attempted to separate them. "Now is not the damn time, we just need to get David and get the hell out of L.A." He yelled, almost waving the gun around.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: lean build; athletic tone
  • Currently: A fluffy ball of anxiety
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2017, 06:01:16 AM »
He wasn't normally so easily peeved, but the sheer arrogance of the bear was beginning to get on Alan's nerves. He almost didn't realize how much more tightly he was gripping his own hunk of metal than he was before Blaine got in his face. He was glad when Tyler stepped in. It gave him another moment to reassess the situation: he was only there for safety. He didn't have to like everyone. He didn't have to make friends. He just had to stick with them in order to ensure his own survival. He would try to keep out of the lummox's way and let him fall into the pit he was digging with his own paws. It wasn't his business if the guy wanted to get himself killed so badly.

Alan took a deep breath and exhaled the tension. Hearing Tyler made him feel a little more at ease by inadvertently letting him know that he wasn't the only one who saw that Blaine was a bit of a prick. But he felt sorry for anyone who would want to stick around with him after they got out of L.A.

Alan, of course, kept these feelings to himself and stood silently in the hallway, allowing the two girls ahead of him while he would bring up the rear.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:03:43 AM by Blue Fox »
  • Avatar by: Jenny Lloyd ©Compassionate Dorset
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
You don't know what that means...
Because a KITCHEN SINK to you
Is not a KITCHEN SINK to me
Okay, friend?

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2017, 06:27:52 AM »
Kai strode forward, taking the luminescent lights and not exactly pristine hallways. She knew David would be in the farthest room at the end of the hallway. She stopped at one marked Supplies, pushing it open it was a good sized room with walls lined with metal, cutters and an array of other tools for metal working. "Take your pick boys," She stood back as Holly finished the cigarette.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A blue fox. White belly. Navy ears. White glove and boot markings. Icy blue eyes.
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2017, 01:24:12 AM »
Alan scans over the assortment of tools and picks up a crowbar. He chuckles and mumbles something to himself about a joke he'd have made, had it not felt so out-of-character for him to do, then he hung it back on the wall and grabbed a pipe.

This other pipe much heavier than what he'd been lugging around up until now. He felt its weight and swung it from side to side, feeling out the newfound weapon. Satisfied, he dropped his old pipe and walked over to a table to create a quick makeshift handle.

He snatched up some old rags and shredded them into strips, then wrapped those about the base of the pipe, tying them snugly. He lifted his pipe up to admire his quick work. It was longer, thicker, stronger, and altogether better. Satisfactory.

"This will do wonders," Alan thought aloud.

He walked softly back to the others and regrouped.

"Ready when you are..."
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »
"Nice choice," said Holly as she flicked her cigarette and stomped it out. Kai looked at Tyler and Blaine
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2017, 09:44:16 PM »
Blaine shrugged, having been waiting. Tyler was sitting nearby, looking over his phone for a moment before looking back to the rest.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »
"Let's go get David." Holly and Kai said at the same time as Kai pushed the door back open and started toward David's little hideout.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 01:01:38 AM »
Alan checked each door, going down the hallway, and made a mental note for the ones that were unlocked.

He followed the group down the corridors, whipping around the sharp turns in the building's layout.

He started to slow a little when he heard a soft noise echo behind him, like a soft whisper from the wind... or maybe in front of him?

When the noise didn't resound, he trudged onward. But he couldn't stop throwing glances over his shoulder.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
Blaine and Tyler silently followed, sharing a cigarette and taking turns checking rooms for any infected.

They stopped in a classroom, empty and messy, and checked around the abandoned backpacks. "So, this new guy. How do you feel about him?" Blaine asked Tyler, while grabbing a water bottle from a bag. "He seems alright, dude. You were pretty harsh on him, though." Tyler replied, standing up and putting on a backpack he found and filled.

Blaine paused, before pulling on a messenger bag he had also found and filled. "I could give a damn if I was harsh, man. New people can get us killed." He said, his voice turning cold. "So I just wanted him to know what would happen. He's lucky I didn't smash his skull in." Blaine finished, gesturing his bat.

"You need to calm the hell down. We need numbers, we need help. This whole thing, it's changing you, man." Tyler replied, staying calm. They stood silent for a moment until Blaine replied, "Yeah, I may be changing, but it'll keep us alive. You and your starry eyes for schoolgirl in there sure as hell isn't. So, shut up and stick to your role." He quickly turned and left, Tyler following him shortly after.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:17 AM »
Holly and Kai followed, as they neared the door Holly sped to the front and stood in front of the door. "I'll go in first, then Blaine." she gestured to the door behind her. "Blaine, get ready to bash infected if they made it to David."

David
He heard voice outside. He was paranoid and didn't hear Kai so he stood by the door, a thick bar of metal ready to swing.

Holly and Kai
Holy suddenly pulled the door open as David swung at her. She caught the bar of metal in her hand, twisting it downwards. It fell from David's hand as Holly brought her knife to his throat.

"Hey David, Long time no see." Holly said with a pleasant tone. "Hey Kai, your boo is here."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 04:24:58 AM »
Blaine stood by, whistling and practicing his swing. Tyler stood near the door, staring off at the city through a window. Helicopters flew over the horizon, mainly military choppers, as Los Angeles burned.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:43 AM »
Kai smiled at David, who was only a little bit taller than her. "Holly, try not to kill him." Holly stepped back. "The drecksack tried to murder me, what am I to do." David stepped back, "S-sorry" he said, dropping the bar.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 06:51:13 AM »
Growling could be heard from a stairwell nearby Blaine, an infected panther came out. It's face had been mauled, almost half gone. "Ah damn, look at you!" Blaine said, before clubbing the panther over the head repeatedly. He stopped, flicking the blood from his bat, and lit another cigarette.

Tyler stepped into the stairwell, looking for any more infected. A few bodies littered the bottom of the stairs, likely victims of the panther or something else. A infected canine came around, not seeing Tyler. Taking a moment, Tyler shot it in the head before turning back to the others. "When you two are done making out, we need to get the hell out of here." He yelled, shooting another infected.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
"We're done, let's go." Kai said, snappy. Holly began to walk out, something resembling a panther charging towards her. Without breaking stride she stabbed it then spun, knocking it in it's head. As it fell she whistled ''Another One Bites The Dust' - Queen' She stepped over the body. "Coming?"
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blue Fox

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm only just a fox...
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2017, 12:47:05 AM »
Alan was occupied with his own problems at that moment. Seemingly from out of nowhere, what looked like the entire cheerleading squad burst squealing and gurgling through one of the locked doors.

"Oh, shhhhhh-etland ponies!"

Alan threw pulled on a door that opened into the hallway, and flung it open in their direction, knocking a couple of them down. He didn't stick around to find out what happened next. He booked it to the stairwell, flinging open all the doors he could, along the way, trying to slow them down even more.

He skidded into the stairwell, nearly running over the railing, but catching himself in time. He pushed off and spun around and jerked the stairwell doors closed behind him, locking out the Rabids with the built-in deadbolt.

The doors shuttered on the impact of the infected, but they seemed to hold up, much to his surprise.
I'm a KITCHEN SINK
Okay, friend?