The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Whats next? After high school anyway  (Read 650 times)

Offline PUGINATOR

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • ww2/ww1 enthusiast
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Avatar by, PUGINATOR
Whats next? After high school anyway
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:41:55 AM »
Just got my deploma and im uncertain on whats next post secondary,mechanic,millitary?
My home family gave plenty of advice im still uncertain

If i joined the canadian armed forces after 6 years service they pay for tuition which chould lead to my job as a heavy duty mechanic if i dont join then i have to pay 60000$ for 3 years of courses at NAIT
My family dosent like the idea of me joining the military so do i do this for my well being or for their well being
ive invested allot of time into my education for the three years I have been at j-percy page
I know what i am going to do but i whould like some other points of view

My plan is to join the military then do ten years of service then go to NAIT and take a 3 year course in heavy duty mechanics then find a job in that industry

NAIT- Norther Alberta Institute of Technologly if you were wondering

Offline uhh

• Avid Aardvark
  • I can't believe it's butter.
    • MSPARP Boards
    • Awards
  • Species: Kiwi.
  • Coloring: All white minus the eyes which are mustard-colored.
  • Height: 6'2.
  • Weight: Like a flippin' ton.
  • Build: Chubby, fluffy.
  • Currently: I like hotdogs.
Re: Whats next? After high school anyway
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:57:49 AM »
I think you should go join the military, if they'll pay for your tuition and you get a few years of service for resumes and the like, it sounds like a win-win to me. Your family is just scared for you that you'll die but they're not seeing the bigger picture here. I say, go follow your dreams!  :D

roses are red landwwellers are gross wwhy did you leave me fef what did i do?

Offline PUGINATOR

• Avid Aardvark
  • ww2/ww1 enthusiast
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Currently: Avatar by, PUGINATOR
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:21:04 AM »
Well im ready for the military as j percy page has a althletics room were i have been working out for 3 years i went to 170 lbs to 145 in 3 years i whould like one more year of physical training to build upper body strength the canadian armed forces training will be a challenge even for somone as fit as me

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:33:32 AM »
These are major life decisions.  So my advice is to take a little time in coming up with a gameplan and a path.  Don't just jump into anything that seems good at the moment.  Take a little time to really think things through.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Voltra

• Avid Aardvark
  • Let loose and let the world take you on a journey
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Handsome Goggle Wearing Husky
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 6"4
  • Weight: 96kg
  • Build: Built
  • Currently: Learning to be a furry and learning to start some sketches
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
I finished high school last year andl I'm joining the Australian Denfence Force in less than a month, it's taken me around 10 months to just get in. I wasn't the smartest kid in the class but could have gone to university but decided not to. The army just seemed perfect.

I'm much more of a hands on guy and like to get it done and also am all about fitness so the army pretty much summed up what I want as a career perfectly. All I can say is if you are enjoying or know you will enjoy it, just do it. Much like you I'm doing a minimum of 6 years with them as a vehicle mechanic, but will most likely end up sagging in the forces for longer due to the benefits.

And man from USA to Australian military forces I've all been told the same thing, it is one hell of a journey and I'm sure as hell looking forward to it

AUZFURRY
official Australian furries