Author Topic: Furryroad mutated in  (Read 2692 times)

ephemral

Re: Furryroad mutated in
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »
but you are not going on adventures.

furryroad was set to moderated and couldn't post.

Offline Mr. Meerkat

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Meerkat World
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Meerkat
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: Average
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Mascular
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »
welcome to FF
Respect The Elders.
Teach The Young.
Cooperate With The Family.
Play When You Can.
Work When You Should.
Rest In Between.
Share Your Affection.
Voice Your Feelings.
Leave Your Mark.

Offline furryroad

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: were - shapeshifter
  • Coloring: black with white streaks
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 125
  • Build: hard body
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
I shall try this again and answer the questions re: furryroad and how I got here.

furryroad was a rather naive 19 year old biology major in the University.  There were several ongoing lab projects that she was working on after hours in order to meet course deadlines.  While waiting for one project to gel she wandered through the storerooms of the Biology lab and came across a crate marked "Lot #207 - Beta Mutate".  Intrigued she pried off the lid and peered inside.  (What she didn't know was that in the mid 70's a government grant was financing research on developing the "Perfect battlefield warrior")  While digging through the crate she broke a glass jar of liquid and inhaled the fumes before she could back out of the area.

That evening she had a blackout, only to awaken later with torn clothing, dirt under nails and dream like memories of running through the forest.

Many episodes followed of these types of incidents.  A hunger developed in her, while concious she had a desire for uncooked raw meat and in her remembrance of the "dreams" there were episodes, vague memories of chasing prey through the woods.  As time passes she begins to remember things more clearly and the "animal urges" begin to affect her reactions to  events in her consious state.

The turning point of her life was one night when she comes fully awake out of one of her dreams to intense pain and realizes she's been shot in the abdomen and is bent over a hunter that she has just rendered unconcious and has her teeth at his throat.  Horrified she bolts away only to realize as she runs that she is running on all fours and has a tail, acute hearing, and intensely magnified sense of smell.  Suprising to her is the magnified ability of her body to heal.  When she returns to human form there is merely a tender scar from the bullet wound which fades as withing several hours.  Fearful of what she might do she leaves the university to roam from temporary job to temporary job because she fears what she might do to those she loves.  She comes to call  this point of her life as the furryroad (hence my characters name).

As time passes, she begins to be more concious of what goes on during her transformation periods and even begins to be able to exert control over when she makes these transformations and when she transforms back to human form BUT the animal side begins to influence how she reacts.  Right and wrong takes on a different meaning as it becomes linked to her own survival.  

Then enigma of furryroad is the amoral animal side and the concious human side wrestling for control.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:22:43 PM by ephemral »
Making me fearful of the thing that I've b ecome.

Offline The Buck

• Avid Aardvark
  • I am the Alpha Male
    • Awards
  • Species: Alpha Male
  • Coloring: Alpha Male
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Build: Built like a greek god
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »
Welcome.

You sound like an interesting person.

I am trying to start a new role playing campaigne called The Herd check it out.

Offline furryroad

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »
You said you would go on an adventure with Bubba but you are not going on adventures.  

...sad Bubba sinks to the bottom of the tank...

Not to worry Bubba, I can post again.  And... I'm now in enough control over my transformations that I won't put you in a stew.  Can yopu fly fast enough to keep up or will I need to wear a saddle?

Offline Renaud Magicpaw

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Watch my paws, and they will do things unheard of
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombolf
  • Height: 5' 10" "
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: tubby
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
I don't think bubba is big enough for that.
Read the left column then the right column

Times change, and promises are broken        |   Life is short
Life goes on and yet it stops                        |   Yet the soul is eternal
I have much to give so have this token         |   Your words a port
And get some chocolate from the shops        |   For feelings, internal

Life is short so do not wait                          |   Go seek the love
Take love by the horns                               |   Who's soul is yours
Loyalty is a wonderful trait                           |   They are your dove
But be wary of a rose's thorns                     |   Who's love is lores

Things that live                               |   Join now in the search
Must always die                               |   And find your love
Yet do not dive                              |   They'll be your perch
Into this lie                                     |   As you are their dove

Offline furryroad

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »
How about some character background..?
'Cuz your char seems eviler than mine...
Which is hard to believe.   :snicker:

Evil, never, but the animal instincts often overide what remains of the humanity.  Is furryroad malivolent or friendly?   It becomes a toss of the dice as to which hormones are coursing through the bloodstream at that moment.

furryroad was  an 18 year old girl who stumbled into the wrong university discontinued lab project storage area and was infected with a virus synthetically created to make the perfect warrior.  The project had been shelved because it failed miserably on the animal subjects and had never been tested on humans.  Furryroad now contains the virus in her body.  At first it controlled her and the shape-shifting occured unpredictably and often tragically.  After killing 2 close friends accidently while in the throes of the transformation, Furryroad "hit the road"... hence = Furryroad, the name of my character.  As time passes Furryroad is learning to control the transformations.  But the animal side is also transforming her character.  So decisions are not always rational from a human point of view but are often the right decision from a survival point of view as the animal instincts allow for sensing impending danger/threats that the human side cannot see.  This is the paradox of Furryroad, the human side is compassionate and can experience guilt and sorrow while the animal side can often be vicious and totally focused on self need at the expense of others.  Furryroad tries to control things sometimes animal desires and hungers overule her merciful (?) side

***********************************the End (?)************************************************************************************
  Naw, Furryroad is changing as the virus changes her.
: January 23, 2008, 11:27:37 AM
I keep trying to answer but... something is not working on your board.  I'll post the complete "body-of-work" in my profile if it allows that many characters.

I typed up and posted a description but the board doesn't appear to be working.  When it does, I'll post it again. That was a lot of bloody typing to get lost on here though.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:31:26 PM by Ephemral »

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 12:25:31 AM »
MMkk..... Have fun!
lol

Offline furryroad

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »
er... the posts that popped up were posts I was trying to make while moderated well over a week and a half ago.  Very strange that it didn't attempt to pop them in until this late in the game.

ephemral

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
Sorry for that.
We had technical issues with the forum that prevented us from approving moderated post.