The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursuiting - The Weird Things Kids Do And What To Expect  (Read 1081 times)

guest22811

Fursuiting - The Weird Things Kids Do And What To Expect
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »

What I learnt from fursuiting today.

I went out fursuiting in public today! The experience was thrilling, to say the least.
I'm just gonna give some ideas on what fursuiting in public is like.

1. Kids are going to poke your eyes.
Face the fact. They're also gonna ask you questions like 'how do you see??' This is why I have a plastic screen that covers the front of the eyes- it protects the eyes and your own eyes too, just in case someone pokes hard enough! It's VERY annoying, and no matter what you tell the kids, they're gonna do it.
How to prevent it? Cover your eyes like you're crying or stand up so they can't reach you. Telling their parents don't seem to be a good idea because most of the time, you can't find their parents or you just can't tell.

2. Kids are going to try and pull your mouth open.
It's a complete pain in the ass. The only solution to this is to tell them to say 'stop' firmly, but not in a rude way. This usually makes them back off a little. Using hand gestures isn't really a great way to say 'cut it out!' without seeming mean or playful. Alternatively, have a spotter. Unfortunately, I don't have one. Or at least, it's my sister but she doesn't take my interest in the furry fandom seriously, usually leaving me with the kids 'because it makes me look like an idiot being with you'

3. Kids aren't actually gonna pull your tail that much!
I dunno why, it hasn't happened to me that often. Or at least, the only kids who pulled my tail just held it up gently. It might be because my tail wasn't a bouncy one though.

4. Kids are going to assume what animal and gender you are.
Happens every time.
You can't do anything about it unless you tell them what they are, which makes it awkward. Best thing you can do is to shake your head and cover your head in disappointment until they get the correct species XD

5. Parents are going to make their crying children come up to you.
You probably want to avoid them.

6. You might accidentally hit or walk into a kid because of your limited vision.
Best thing you can do is immediately apologise in a soft voice and ask them if they're okay, and offer them a hug.

7. If your fursuit mouth can be opened, you can stick a straw in it and blow bubbles into a water bottle. This amuses kids A LOT for some reason.

8. Kids think you're looking straight ahead.
If you are looking eg. at a kid with your left eye, they think you're looking elsewhere and might even turn to see what you are 'looking' at. Look straight ahead at them, even though it's your blind spot.

9. The most annoying of them all - the smartass kid.
The kid who always points that you're a human in a costume. These kids are a total pain in the ass.
Do yall know any solutions to this?

There you go.