The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone for Medieval Kingdoms/Armello/Game of Thrones themed Group RP? (Updated)  (Read 2030 times)

Offline KAIJURoy

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Floppy Loiterer
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Bearded Vulture
  • Build: Log Home
Hello, world!

My name is Kaiju Roy (obviously, well, I mean, there's a name tag and everything, and all of us can read), but I typically go by K or Roy. Or K Roy.
Anyways! I don't know how many have you played Armello, watch/read Game of Thrones, etc, but it's been making me mad crave some sort of medieval, furry RP. Basically, in Armello, there's a central kingdom composed of animal folk, but there are various towns guarded by thanes that populate it (think of Skyrim). Anyways, the crown becomes corrupted by a blight that drives victims into madness. Everything starts to fall apart, and people start attacking each other, etc. Game of Thrones fiascoes ensue.

But if you haven't played or heard of Armello, or have had interests in Game of Thrones, dw about it, that's not important. Just push it off the table. One biiiiggg sweeeeep. Like it was never there, aye? Aye? aye.

To get to the sum of it all, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in working together to make a medieval furry roleplay. This would be a group roleplay where multiple characters would interact. In the roleplay, there would be player created settlements, towns, factions, etc. Big stress on player created--I'm currently working on a map to mark player-invented settlements where their characters come from.

UPDATE

After some brainstorming (and a little discussion), I came up with a general introduction:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Radelle means to council--to provide oversight, direction, and trust. That was the key foundation that the kingdom built itself on. Twenty generations of kings and queens, of soldiers and farmers, fought, bled, and believed in Radelle. In a land overcast by shadows, Radelle shed a beacon of light.

Or, well, it used to. As eternal as ideals are, the flesh is weak to rot. Castles are weak to the weathering of wind and storm. And the mind is vulnerable to corruption.
x
Over the past decade, a sore has festered in the capital of Radelle, disconnecting the heart of the realm from the nation it represents. The kingdom has lost its ties to its fringe towns and hamlets, but not because the crown has weakened--the monarch has fallen into delusions of paranoia and fantasies of bloodlust. And whatever madness has transpired in the crown, it’s contagious. Something awry has infected the lineages of nobility, spreading from the King through the seven courts. Whispers suggest dark magic, that perhaps spirits have overtaken the courts, or witchcraft has begun bending the will of Radelle’s rulers. These suspicions have created an era of distrust of shamans, mages, and even the oracles that had lead Radelle in the past to glory. These mystic leaders are only a few of those tested by Radelle’s new changes in management.

RADELLE is a medieval, open ended flexible kingdom based roleplay. In RADELLE, the monarch and courts of the kingdom have become corrupt by a maddening disease whose source has yet to be found (fungal, dark magic, or otherwise). Players control characters engaged in a kingdom’s fall from a golden age of progress to a dark age of conspiracy. These characters may choose to fight against this corruption, or fall to madness.

The kingdom of Radelle is diverse and wide reaching. Characters may come from fringe towns and hamlets, wild forests inhabited by barbarians and strange spirits, busy port and caravan hubs, or from within the walls of Radelle’s capital itself. Roles for characters to fill range widely--farmers, thanes, outlaws, shamans, nobility, and many more.

As described, characters can belong to several wide, diverse groups: nobility and general ruling class, military forces, thanes (representatives of settlements), citizens (from bread bakers to mob lords), and wildlings. Thanes can create settlements (either alone or with collaborations), wildlings can define their tribes, nobility can be general a-holes and screw with both, etc.

Map so far:
http://i.imgur.com/NMwiZTI.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:47:20 PM by KAIJURoy »
Oh, what a shame that the poor groom's bride is a horse.

Offline AjaxGryphon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Gryphon
  • Coloring: Dark violet, light grey
  • Height: 5"4
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Feminine, thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Mediocre
Re: Anyone for Medieval Kingdoms/Armello/Game of Thrones themed RP? (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 08:35:06 AM »
Is steam a viable site? I am interested in your ideas.
Use Steam ID finder for my profile.

Ajax the Gryph

Offline KAIJURoy

• Vibrating Furby
  • Floppy Loiterer
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
Is steam a viable site? I am interested in your ideas.

Do you mean Valve's steam? I'd prefer this RP (if it ever takes off) to take place through the Serious Roleplay forum, so that posts are easier to access and keep track of. I've only done instant messenger RPs a few times, and it made it hard to backtrack.

However, I'd be open to instant messengers for OOCs, since they're faster and more connected than posts.

Offline AjaxGryphon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Gryphon
  • Coloring: Dark violet, light grey
  • Height: 5"4
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Feminine, thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Mediocre
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »
It can be steam (if you can), because that is the other sitw I could roleplay on. Or, if my phone has enough space, it could be kik. But steam preferred.

Post Merge: February 09, 2017, 01:25:40 AM
Your choice.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:25:40 AM by AjaxGryphon, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Use Steam ID finder for my profile.

Ajax the Gryph

Offline Warden

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Crocodile / Dragonkin (DnD) Based On Setting
  • Height: 6 Foot 7 Inches (2 Meters)
  • Weight: 260 Ibs (116 KG)
  • Build: Bulky with a wide, musclebound frame.
I am not sure if this is still open, because it hasn't been updated in a few days, but I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I was actually on the look out for a medieval type RP, and I'm glad to have found one that seems like it has some great potential. Should the RP go through, I'd be honored to be involved.

:EDIT: I also love Armello, and am pleased to see it being used as inspiration for this RP.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:51:10 PM by Warden »

Offline KAIJURoy

• Vibrating Furby
  • Floppy Loiterer
    • Steam
    • Awards
I am not sure if this is still open, because it hasn't been updated in a few days, but I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I was actually on the look out for a medieval type RP, and I'm glad to have found one that seems like it has some great potential. Should the RP go through, I'd be honored to be involved.

:EDIT: I also love Armello, and am pleased to see it being used as inspiration for this RP.

I'm still around, if that's anything xD

I'm glad you found this RP idea interesting as well! I've had one or two people so far voice interest on and off the board so far, which is enough to tempt me to just make an RP thread and see if anyone signs up. But I figured I should wait until a few 'yes's just to be sure.

Anyways, if you'd like to discuss on the thread some ideas, I'm up for it (maybe the discussion will spark more interest o: ). I guess, if I were to start this roleplay, do you think any character roles/ideas stand out to you? Or, I guess, what would you see interesting to play?

Offline Warden

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards

I'm still around, if that's anything xD

I'm glad you found this RP idea interesting as well! I've had one or two people so far voice interest on and off the board so far, which is enough to tempt me to just make an RP thread and see if anyone signs up. But I figured I should wait until a few 'yes's just to be sure.

Anyways, if you'd like to discuss on the thread some ideas, I'm up for it (maybe the discussion will spark more interest o: ). I guess, if I were to start this roleplay, do you think any character roles/ideas stand out to you? Or, I guess, what would you see interesting to play?

That sounds great, and I would be glad to discuss more with you. As for me, whenever I play a medieval RP, I always like to play as the Honorbound, stoic knight. A huge, brutish man completely concealed by his decorative and regaled armor, with a massive sword almost as long as him. He doesn't say much, and let's his actions do the talking, a strong and silent type so to speak. he leads by example, and is very profound on the battlefield, legend has it that he fought off 3 men at once with nothing but his skill and prowess with his Great sword

Offline KAIJURoy

• Vibrating Furby
  • Floppy Loiterer
    • Steam
    • Awards
That sounds great, and I would be glad to discuss more with you. As for me, whenever I play a medieval RP, I always like to play as the Honorbound, stoic knight. A huge, brutish man completely concealed by his decorative and regaled armor, with a massive sword almost as long as him. He doesn't say much, and let's his actions do the talking, a strong and silent type so to speak. he leads by example, and is very profound on the battlefield, legend has it that he fought off 3 men at once with nothing but his skill and prowess with his Great sword

Haha, I'm a big fan of valiant characters as well myself. I tend to have an attraction towards knights, but I prefer to go for local heroines and roaming vigilantes. Going to admit, I have an incredibly strong attraction to thanes. Not quite as armored and regaled, but honest, down to earth, and willing to fight a knight if a stranger's in danger. A willingness to trust new and unusual allies may be more of a bust than a boon at times. For the character I have in mind, her ability to fight might not be as big of a powerhouse, but she's got friends in unconventional places, and she's not above playing dirty if she feels the enemy is disrespectful.

Definitely feel like if our characters met they'd be the sort to be friends while admitting gaps in each other's differences, and even come to swords if their sense of what's right comes to clash xD

Offline Warden

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
Hey hey hey, just wondering if there's been any updates, or if anyone else has expressed interest in this RP. I think it would be a really interesting and fun idea, and am hopeful that we get to see the ball move on this RP. :D

Offline KAIJURoy

• Vibrating Furby
  • Floppy Loiterer
    • Steam
    • Awards
Hey hey hey, just wondering if there's been any updates, or if anyone else has expressed interest in this RP. I think it would be a really interesting and fun idea, and am hopeful that we get to see the ball move on this RP. :D

I think it's still just you and I on the forums, with Ajax on Steam. I've been hanging back due to school, so I haven't had the time to do a more intensive interest check or take part in some light RPs.

There's always starting a thread and playing it out between the two of us until a few more hop on in. I'm always looking for someone to brainstorm with, so my skype's open to anyone interested in some chatting.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:09:05 AM by KAIJURoy »