The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch? What are your Thoughts?  (Read 896 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Nintendo Switch? What are your Thoughts?
« on: January 14, 2017, 01:43:00 PM »
I personally am not interested enough to buy it on its release date. Maybe in the future... Yes? I mean I'm certainly interested in seeing a (What seems like an) open world Zelda game. And the new pokemon game coming out for it, once again, only a little curious. (For a player, it just internally makes me annoyed because with 20 new pokemon that means 20 more possible meta-threats meaning that I'm going to lose quite a lot before I figure out how to deal with certain problems.) Personally, I think they should hold off the release for a couple more years... Why? That way, you could get Pokemon Diamond and Pearl with the gods of Time and Space and the alternate dimension mega evolved. Splatoon 2 will actually be available at the time of release. You could stall out a bit more on Zelda, then also release the open world Zelda game. And make a new Mario game, honestly they release one so often I've lost track lol. (Then again I've never been a mario fan.) And of course they'd be that much closer to releasing the new Super Smash. If they said one year after the Switch comes out, the new smash will be released. A good deal of people (Probably myself) might get it.
That's my personal opinion on it. I'm curious to see what you all think >.>
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
Re: Nintendo Switch? What are your Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »
Maybe I'm a miserly old killjoy, but I really don't see how this is going to turn around Nintendo's current financial situation. The Wii-U life cycle was an unmitigated disaster for Nintendo, regardless of how good the hardware or software for it is (full disclosure: I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube). I kind of see the Switch continuing that same trend.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild will probably be a really good game. No doubt about that. What I would think would be concerning to fans is the fact that the launch lineup is really slim (at least from what is known right now). $300 is also more expensive than a lot of people were expecting this thing to be, and it doesn't come bundled with a game either, so the real cost is something more like $360 or so. They'll also start charging for multiplayer now, from what I have heard.

There is a lot we don't know yet, like how good the mobile experience will be versus the in-home experience. I really hope the console is good; Nintendo could use a turn-around. I'm a bit pessimistic about it though, sad to say.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Fuexline

• half fox half cyborg
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • this text is personal
    • Foxxio
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: foxy brownish, and white
  • Height: 1,77
  • Weight: ERR
  • Build: normal
  • Currently: creating a Game
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »
to be honest

its trash sorry  its only strength is that they have Zelda and mario and the hippsters could say i have a new nintendo console which is a game boy at the same time, the hardware is weak the battery lifetime also and at least i heard its android like powered so ill bett my ass in a half year a hacker grupo will extract the games packed it as apk and you can play it on a tegra Tablet for free  the only things which hold nintendo in place is mario and even this is a gam which sucks - i prefer steam and maybe ps4 or xbox a stv console i also think the switch on the new nintendo console is a hint which means - Nintendo switch to xbox
August 2017 an epic Platformer will be released: Foxfire -Legend of the Firefox for PC, PS VITA, and PS4

Offline Vortex Cynbel

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I wanna learn to code dammit x3
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 09:32:04 AM »
I feel that the switch is a very interesting concept and it's unique on its way. You can't say it's bad.. you gotta give it to Nintendo props for innovating.

I am an owner of Wii U and I can assure all of you guys that mostly it was just sitting under my tv. I didn't really played on it and I think that's due to lack of third party support. If Nintendo switch follows a similar path it will fail.

I would probably get the console. If not on launch date a few months after.. but honestly I hate to admit but I am very very skeptical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Avatar by: Nana (from furry amino)
  • Signature art by: Fable

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:45:50 AM »
I feel that the switch is a very interesting concept and it's unique on its way. You can't say it's bad.. you gotta give it to Nintendo props for innovating.

I am an owner of Wii U and I can assure all of you guys that mostly it was just sitting under my tv. I didn't really played on it and I think that's due to lack of third party support. If Nintendo switch follows a similar path it will fail.

I would probably get the console. If not on launch date a few months after.. but honestly I hate to admit but I am very very skeptical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I feel you. I let my regular wii sit under my cabinet for years. And the one day I have something I want to play it's broke.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)