The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hunter's backstory  (Read 757 times)

Offline Hiamovi (Hunter)

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Offsite RP'er
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Height: 5 foot 9
  • Reference: [link]
Hunter's backstory
« on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:55 AM »
Hey everyone, this is my first piece posted here so please be kind :P

Just a few notes before we get started:

Note: this was originally written in one sitting

Note, all of this is to do with the universe I have created for the novel I am in the process of writing

Note, Hunters species; the Pernese Grey Wolf, are extremely long lived. A healthy male will live on average to 400-500 earth years, whereas the females of the species, are rumoured to live up to 600 earth years.   

He's a bounty hunter from a planet called Pern. Situated on the largely unexplored western continent that was rarely explored by the basic, but spacefaring human colonies that were based on the planet's other two continents (North & South)

He attempted to flee Pern when the humans stumbled upon his small society, as they mistook them for animals and began slaughtering capturing them for science. He was caught and experimented upon for 3 years, where he underwent what could practically be described as torture.

The experiments that he underwent left his entire torso covered in surgical scars (if you want this story, ask in character, although he may be reluctant to tell. It's heavy, and I don't even know it yet, only Hunter can come up with this stuff haha)

Before he was captured, his species could only talk as if they were actual wolves. When the scientists discovered that it was an actual language, they developed a sort of 'Translation collar' that resonates at a specific frequency over his vocal cords to allow English speech. Even though he does speak proper English, he does have an accent, so to speak, meaning he sounds like a wolf, if that makes sense. His collar is removable, but without the key for the back, it is forever stuck on.

How this is science, he has no idea, but whatever they did to him was nothing compared to watching his litter-brother be shot in front of him.

Hunter had managed to escape the testing facility one night with 3 others with the aid of some sympathetic scientists . They parted ways shortly thereafter, each trying to find a place to best fit in the galaxy.

Despite the fact that he does hold resentment towards humans, however it is only the humans from his Galaxy (more specifically,  Pernese humans) at the bar, as long as your character isn't from Pern, you're all sweet lol.

This all happened 5 years ago. He was 55 when it hit the fan. In human terms, he's still only in his mid to late 20's.

The last 5 years for Hunter have been a bit of a wild ride. He started out working for the gangs on a couple backwater planets, smuggling drugs, weapons, all sorts of nasty stuff. After doing that for a year or two he went down the path of bounty hunting and has never looked back. He's still a beginner at it, but he tries his absolute best lol. He at least makes enough to be able to practically live at the GESB on some occasions.

----

'There are days I hate being me, but then I smile 'cos I'm not you'

GESB Character: Subject #2218