The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trump won. Reaction?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
Re: Trump won. Reaction?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
My reaction is thus: Firstly, thank God Hillary lost. With all of the investigations against her, with all of the crap she did as Secretary of State that she ended up having to step down in order to save face, she belongs in prison, not the White House. Not to mention how badly she wants that No-fly zone in Syria, which the top brass of the military has come out saying that would cost several thousand Syrian lives and lead to a potential war with Russia. The Democrats really did pick the worst candidate to run against Trump and doubled down on their bad choice.

Secondly, Trump, while he does have a mouth on him and he does make 'locker room' jokes, he's not what the Main Stream Media paints him out to be. If anything, the  true propaganda of hate came from the media. I think this country needs a businessman to get the economy flowing, rather than a politician who's never run a business in their life. If he can do at least some of what he's claimed he wants to do (drain the political swamp, secure the boarder, roll back on regulations that have been stifling job creation and growth, put school management back fully into the hands of states), I think we will see America start to really recover.

Thirdly, this is an opportunity, no matter which side of the political isle you are on. Someone who is not an establishment politician has managed to win the presidency, and I hope this scares the bejeezus out of career politicians. It sends a message that no, the political establishment DOESN'T know what's best for America. They ARE out of touch with reality, and the only thing they have been focusing on up until now isn't the troubles plaguing our country, but how one side can mitigate and demonize the other. With Trump's win, it shows that you do not need to be a politician to run for office. If you have strong ideas, a strong plan and the willingness to learn the system, the average American can run against these political elites and WIN.

Now, is this going to be four years of sunshine and lollipops? Of course not. Is it going to be the apocalypse? Far from it. Regardless, I am going to watch what happens from the moment he takes office and judge what he does, the good and bad. Right now there is so much ridiculous fear mongering going on, all based on what MIGHT happen, fueled by the main stream media's desire to keep pushing agendas.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:12:36 AM by Rob_Silvermyst »