The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: So...  (Read 1247 times)

Offline djpjr123

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf?
So...
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:43:03 PM »
I don't know man, I embrace furries. I mean I have friends who are furries with ya know, the fursuits and everything and I mean I consider myself kinda a furry like I am open to the idea of it and probably wouldn't mind buying and wearing a fursuit but I just kinda want an explanation. I mean what do you think, like why did you buy a fursuit in the first place?

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: So...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:09:36 PM »
Most of us don't do the dressup part, but as far as I know it's usually for conventions and other meetups. Think mascots, for events.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:26:37 AM »
It sounds like you might have fallen into believing you have to have a fursuit to be a furry.
To be a furry, all you have to do is like anthropomorphic animals. A fursuit is just a fancy toy, and very few furries have a fursuit. And while most of us want one, there are even some furs who don't want a fursuit.

I myself have neither a fursuit nor any art of my fursona. Does it make me any less of a furry? Absolutely not. However, I will someday get art and a fursuit not because I am required to, but because I just want it.

guest22811

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »
It sounds like you might have fallen into believing you have to have a fursuit to be a furry.
To be a furry, all you have to do is like anthropomorphic animals. A fursuit is just a fancy toy, and very few furries have a fursuit. And while most of us want one, there are even some furs who don't want a fursuit.

I myself have neither a fursuit nor any art of my fursona. Does it make me any less of a furry? Absolutely not. However, I will someday get art and a fursuit not because I am required to, but because I just want it.

I know this is a old topic but I totally agree with this statement. You don't need a fursuit to be in the furry fandom, and it seems like you're rushing to get one already. I did the grave mistake of making a fursuit only about 2 weeks into the fandom, and I do have some regrets mainly because I thought the same.