The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Interest Check: Fantasy Adventure!  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
Interest Check: Fantasy Adventure!
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »

EDIT: Not sure why this was moved but this for the serious RP board.

I'm back! I'm gonna keep it slow this time seeing as to how I totally burned myself out on RPs last go around. Just a single thread is all I really have time for at the moment, in any case.

Premise: As opposed to the usual "Group of bad-asses meet up and roll hard into some demon pit of hell" style RP, I wanted to try something a little different. I would like for everyone to start with a character they have never played before, something as simple as a premise of a character really. Very D&D-esque, the characters will be drawn together by fate or circumstance, and forced to struggle through trials of a very harsh and unforgiving world. The monsters will be intelligent and ruthless, and there will be a good chance many of us may not make it back alive from our first venture. However, those that survive will start building strength, fortune, and fame. I want this thread to be thought of as a backstory for a potential hero, but be prepared for character death if things turn sour. :D

Rules: To add to the threat level I want to assign each character some basic stats. I don't want full RPG rules as those restrict creativity to some degree. I know I for sure want health, mana (for spellcasters), and maybe a few more small numbers to keep things in check. I will act as a GM of sorts, but I want all players to contribute to controlling monsters or NPCs. I would like to play a character myself and don't want to feel the GM advantage so to speak. Characters should start at the appropriate skill and strength of a true fledgling. Think LVL 1 D&D character, or in other words like a knight who has little combat experience, or a wizard fresh from an academy.

Setting: To assist me with world building this story will take place on a world called Ainor, a large fantasy world many years in the making. As most of the world is uncharted as of yet there's plenty of room for creative freedom. Hell, if you want you can write up the lore for an entire kingdom. I have a lot of empty map-space.

This is simply an interest check. I will flesh out a proper character sheet and other details if I get enough people wanting to participate. Also keep in mind this is going to be an advanced role-play involving stats and a (hopefully) higher level of writing. I am accepting of newer players but I will ask that you try to keep up with the group. If your posts lack quality or sense I reserve the right to ask you to leave the game (after a warning of course.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:06:32 AM by Xavier Akafur »
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline PO5ID3N25

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
Re: Interest Check: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:45:07 PM »
I'm in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shoon

• Knowledge Seeker
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • I know alot, about everything
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: silver ish grey
  • Height: 1.70
  • Build: masculine but pretty thin, not buff
  • Currently: Not here a lot
Re: Interest Check: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
I am very much in!
my character will be  version of my first ever and my favourite dnd character which is a spell caster of sorts with a long sword.
He will be semi freshly graduated from the academy and more importantly a freshman in the black sun adventurers guild, which already sets him with a robe and stuff like that.
I might also be making cameos of Shoon the head of the guild and my first ever character which is also my first dnd character.
  • Avatar by: The amazing Ventus fall!

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
Captain of the Stormrider