The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cipher  (Read 731 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Cipher
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
You can use this tool to help decipher the message: http://aes.online-domain-tools.com/

Settings: Input type Text (Hex selected), Function AES, Mode ECB (electronic codebook), Output Type Hex
Key = Solution to riddle "I bring life and I bring death, I rise from the trenches and fall from the skies, I have the power to destroy buildings but you can simply walk through me. I may darken the sky with my great power, yet darken orange lights with my great mercy. I am of 3 parts, 2 parts the same. I am..." (All lower case, one word)

Cipher to crack:

b84c6de7b5455f41a7a3c7d3a1376f10
f7c754ce94e847171d5b418a5c0a1968

HINT: Prime.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:40:05 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
Re: Cipher
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »
I think i know answer to riddle but never have dealt with hex, this is far too early to make me feel dumb lol.

Post Merge: August 15, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
Lol this is killing me, "Permitted characters are: [a-fA-F0-9 \-]"

I dont even...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:21:51 PM by PossumDeMort, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
You can type the key in plaintext.

If you want you can tell me what you think the key is (in spoilers) and I can give you the outputted decrypted ciphertext

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »
Its ok, checked it out but i dont have the first clue lol, was at it for a hour or so.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
Little tip.

Solving the first clue is not the whole problem.

When you solve the first clue, you'll get a sequence of numbers, you then have to go ahead and decrypt that sequence as well (using a manual method).

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
Yeah thats above my paygrade...