The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Code Lyoko  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Old School Star Fox Pilot Extrodinaire
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: medium
Code Lyoko
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
I was going to start a Transformers: Prime thread but soneone else beat me to it, I wish I could have commented on it, but anyway...

I loved Code Lyoko, but never got the time to watch it from '03 to '07, I was always working or looking for work, but my love for it revived about a few years ago.  It had the inspiration of "Tron", and it had great characters, with awesome stories.  Aelita Shaeffer was bar none my favorite character of all.  Her sweet princess voice, her "girl next door" type of humble charm, and her cute little melon head. <3  She was actually an adult, chronologically, but lost about 9 years or so of her life when, at age 12, in 1994, her father brought her with him into the virtual world of Lyoko to hide from the same government officials who snatched her mom.  God only knows what happened to her.  But she met Jeremy when he found the supercomputer in the abandoned factory, and together with their friends Yumi, Odd, and Ulrich they formed the power team of the Lyoko Warriors.  They also had William, who was captured and under control by the evil X.A.N.A., a rogue A.I. program of the virtual world. They all work to rescue William, find Aelita's father, and to defeat the evil X.A.N.A., as well as foil X.A.N.A.'s evil plots to enter our world and destroy it.  Such a great TV show ahead of its time.  Sadly, they made the mistake of bringing it back, as Code Lyoko Evolution, seeing as how they failed to learn form the mistakes of Teen Titans Go!  But I'll always enjoy the classics.  I've actually met the voice of Aelita and Jeremy, Sharon Mann, and she's really nice (met her online, but still).
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • The official creator of the word "kisu"
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White Fur and long Brown Hair
  • Height: 5,11
  • Build: Average build
Re: Code Lyoko
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:52:30 PM »
I love this show!!! I used to watch it all the time as a kid,  Id get up at five in the morning to watch all the adverts on CITV before came on XD

"A Brief Period Of Rejoicing"

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
It came on around 4PM out here in Cali, and I think 2PM on the east coast.   At least to my recollection.  I enjoyed that show watching the OnDemand queue and on youtube.
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »
Back when I was in Middle school there was a girl who looked a bit like Yumi... I don't know why, but I kept thinking Lyoko was real back then...  I was a very hyper kid tho XD

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
I once ran into a person cosplaying as Aelita Schaeffer, but when I came up and said "Hi" to "Aelita", turns out it was a dude.  He looked really great though, he was a very convincing cosplayer.  And a very convincing looking female.  It was really funny, though.  He had this deep voice, I said to him "Great Aelita costume!" and he turned around and said "Ah, thank you!" in this deep voice.  I'm like "Uh....?" and he said "Yeah, I'm a dude." and I said "You-you look great!" and he laughed and said "Thanks!". 

Now, the show itself was awesome, but the Code Lyoko Evolution is awful!  CLE is to the original what Teen Titans Go is to Teen Titans. 
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline Synth-Fox

• Yellow Yak
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:53:10 PM »
If I saw that guy cosplaying, id marry him XD

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:17:20 PM »
If I saw that guy cosplaying, id marry him XD

I don't blame you!  I almost asked him out myself. xD

Sorry for the slow reply, had a family member recovering from foot surgery.
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline Blaze

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white fur, Grey eyes
  • Height: 1.86m
  • Weight: 92kg
  • Build: Mesomorphic
  • Currently: Doin' Stuff....
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 03:05:53 AM »
Damn, i used to watch this show all the time as well, but stopped when the channel playing it went down, that being said, it was mas favorite show when i was little.

Offline ..

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:54 PM »
I still watch this show today through YouTube  XD also if anyone is intrested you should probably check out IFSCL which is a fan made game that is extremely well done  ^_^