The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Whsiperskeep

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Unknown
Help?
« on: March 28, 2016, 01:50:20 AM »
Hi no idea where to put this but hoping someone can help. I'm wondering if I am a furry. I love the artwork, I love human like animals like from zootopia and king fu paNass (huge crush on tigeress) my husband calls me a closeted furry all the time. The thing is I don't know much and what I do know is all the negative.  Can someone help or guide me? Much appreciated. 

Side note: omg fox emoticons. Love :D

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:05:08 AM »
Well whisper, first of all hello and welcome!

There's no real requirements to being a furry, if you want to be a furry, you can be! If you don't want to, then you don't have to!

If you have any questions feel free to pm me!
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline PossumDeMort

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Equal Oppertunity Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Possum
  • Currently: Lurking...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:48 AM »
I know for me it is like yourself, an appreciation for the idea or look of anthro characters etc, especially as character archetypes and such in stories.

the weird side is not necessary to consider yourself anything.

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:09:11 AM »
A furry is anyone who likes animals, that either stand upright or act in some way like hoomans. That's it. :P I'd imagine most people in the world are a 'furry', because who doesn't love Lion King or things like that?
About the whole negative thing, just go on youtube and search 'furry charity' or just 'fursuiting'. It'll brighten up your day, I'm sure! They're all super cute. And just check out artwork. There's tons of gorgeous artwork out there!
There's negatives in every fandom. People are jerks, (though I've seen way more bashing from people OUTSIDE of the fandom being jerks to the people within it), act like everyone should treat them differently, adult content etc. Honestly the fur fandom has a much tighter lid on that, especially at cons, compared to anime and comic conventions I've been to (I was considering washing my 14 year old eyes out with soap it was so bad) but the fur con I went to, it was so much more friendly and I didn't have a red face walking through the dealers room. XD

If you want to have a label for what you enjoy, feel free to :D And there's thousands of super cute and happy things out there revolving around the furry community. Just gotta get out of that side of the internet and see it with a new search text. :)

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »
Welcome to the furry fandom, oh and just for a safe warning, STAY AWAY FROM TUMBLR! that is the place that makes furries cry  :'( . Come to think of it the internet does in general, but you wouldn't want to stay away from the internet now, would you.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Whsiperskeep

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »
i want to know everything i can. Iw ant someone to guide me into this to help me out. add me on skype -whisperskeep

meant to do that as my username but was using phone last night, i noticed when i tried signing in today i ouldn't lol

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
There's no really 'guide' to being a furry. If you like what you describe, then yes you can label yourself as one if you wish. It's not a big whole thing like therian and otherkin, where you completely believe you are part animal, and do things to provoke that animal.
If you like the art and the movies, that's all there is too it. It's not much more indepth than that. You can create an animal counterpart of yourself if you wish (there's a guide on that on the forums), but its not necessary. You can even just have an avatar of your pet if you have one :P

My skype is lynerea_amberwing though, if you want more specific examples or anything (I'd add you myself, but the search bar has never been kind to me)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »
Sounds like you already fit the traits that make one a furry so...I dunno what you do now. There's really no specific way to be a furry, it's more that there's a community surrounding the fandom. Maybe look around here, even!

Offline Whsiperskeep

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 10:55:15 PM »
I;m sorry...i want to be able to join into this all this...but i can't. i cant seem to connect with anyone...so just going to do this by myself..what i'm used to....bye - waves -

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 02:38:58 AM »
Why not? I don'really feel connected here, but if an opportunity arises I take part in it. Everyone here shares a common interest, you just gotta put your foot out there and make some friends! There's pretty fun things to find in the random boards :)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »
Well, it's what they're used to. If they want to leave, it's up to them.