The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Need the help of all you wonderful people!  (Read 851 times)

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Need the help of all you wonderful people!
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:15:30 AM »
So as I said in my introduction, this is pretty much a first time ... well, everything for me. What's the general reception for wearing tails and ears in public? I already know my friends are going to give me non-stop s**t for it, because that's how they are (even though they're all friends with multiple furries XD), but what about everyone else? I could care less about jibe remarks and whispers. I don't really care what everyone else THINKS, it's more the physical reaction I'm wondering about. Do you get a lot of confrontations? Because I don't handle that well. I don't mean it hurts my feelings. I mean I'll straight up start a fight, teeth, claws and all; and since all my friends and I ascribe to "Friends don't let friends fight alone." Well, let's just say I'm more worried about repeatedly getting kicked out of places with my tail between my legs.

Also, what's a good convention to go to? Never been to one, but I would love very much to go!
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
Re: Need the help of all you wonderful people!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:01:34 AM »
You will get stared at. A lot.
I went out a few times with my cat getup (Don't have a squirrel one yet :c) and I mostly got a lot of odd looks from people and was pointed at by kids a few times. When you're in the right frame of mind, it's actually quite nice being noticed. I personally have never been beaten up or confronted for it in a negative way, but the one time I went dressed up to college I did get load of curious questioners. You should be fine in shops and restaurants as well, since you're not a threat there's no reason to kick you out.

I wouldn't know about cons in yourr area, but generally all cons have something great to offer  ^_^
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: Need the help of all you wonderful people!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
The few times I've wandered around with a horrid tail made out of a boa, no one really said anything XD
I'm sure it helps to have someone with you, and my friend and I both had tails and wandered around town after getting lunch. A few kids came up and wanted to pet the tails, but other than that it was normal. We were greeted like normal and everything was all guud :)
I'm sure its different in larger cities and towns, but less and less people get called out for their neon pink hair, so I'm sure it'll be less frequent with harassment as time goes on.