The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pets into Characters?  (Read 793 times)

Offline GamerFool

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I want friends.
    • Awards
  • Species: Protozoan (© Bandai Namco)
  • Coloring: White + Brown
  • Height: 5'4''
  • Reference: [link]
Pets into Characters?
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »
So, I've had the idea for a while of using my pets as a basis for characters to use in a story or something, and I'm debating starting it soon. I'd want the story to be pretty light-hearted and happy, just like an amusing and short story or comic kind of deal. I'm a big fan of huge plots, but I'm not sure if a big plot would work. I also need to think of a setting for the story. Any ideas?

I'd also love ideas on character design. Like, clothing and personality bits and backstory that I can't get directly from my pets. I have 5 pets total right now, a lizard and 4 cats.
  • Freyja is my bearded dragon. She's really chill (like most lizards), and she really loves to hang out around people as apposed to sit in her cage.
  • Artemis, the fat cat. She really likes food and is rather pushy, but she's still sweet.
  • Ackbar, Artemis' son, who's insanely timid. He loves to be pet, but he's so nervous that he has trouble sticking around long enough to get a lot of attention.
  • Andromeda, Ackbar's cousin, who's definitely the loudest cat. She and her sister are the youngest, and she really likes to play. These three are all black and white.
  • Chesire is the calmest cat we have, and she reminds me of those sassy but quiet people. She's Andromeda's sister. Ches is just white, unlike her family.
So, any ideas or advice? Oh, also, have any of you considered using your pets as inspiration for characters?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:07:28 PM by GamerFool »
Don't judge a game by your ability to play it.