The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)  (Read 297515 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Galactic Society (Open/Lounge RP, but READ FIRST POST)
« Reply #2550 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:26 AM »
"Well, as I said, if you want to know more, talk to Lord-Admiral Tokarev," Zuko said. "Just don't try anything on him - it'd be a lot easier to ask him in a secure location. He's always looking for new allies to help him against Zaarin."

Frosty scoffed, "As if he doesn't have enough between the Marauder Corps, the New Cerinia Command under his wife, and the forces of the Imperial Alliance."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #2551 on: March 09, 2017, 03:05:31 AM »
"Well hell, we'll cross that bridge when we get there," Blaine shrugged and finished his drink. He wiped his mouth off and stretched his collar. "So what assets do you have on board? Drop pods would be best for a stealthy entry. Sedran tech is old enough that the HEVs' can get in without eyes on us," Blaine stated, ruffling his hair.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2552 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:15 AM »
"Well, if it's a drop pod you want, we have a bunch on board," Frosty said. "But if Sedran tech is as outdated as you say it is, we likely would have another option available."

"You're not suggesting--" Zuko started.

"It's either that or the drop ship, pal," Frosty interrupted. "And I won't lie, I don't think the kinks in the cloaking device on that drop ship were entirely worked out."

Zuko visibly shuddered. "... still remember the last time I went with the transporters," he said. "Just... ugh!"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2553 on: March 09, 2017, 04:15:43 AM »
"If that's what you think, then we can do it. I only suggested the drop pods for cargo. I'm thinking with our numbers we could stand to bring a couple ODSTs' along," Blaine stated. As much as he respected the Corp, he trained along side Helljumpers when joining ONI and never found a better type of warrior apart from Spartans.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:40:24 AM by Blaiiine »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2554 on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
"Fair enough," Frosty said. "Anything we should know before we hit our destination?"

"Tell me we're not using the Transporters this time," Zuko grumbled.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2555 on: March 09, 2017, 07:08:21 PM »
"Well, Sedra is mainly forest-planet with a majorly human population. So, entry and exfil shouldn't be a problem unless we're spotted by SCG. Now, the major issue are the Innies. With Covenant weaponry, they are a bigger threat," Blaine replied, in a matter-of-fact manner. "We want to keep one alive long enough to extract any useful information. Odds are, the URF who are in a charge of this attack will be meeting outside of the capital. We drop in, drop them and fly out. Easy as cake."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2556 on: March 09, 2017, 07:13:31 PM »
"Tell me he didn't just say that," Zuko grumbled.

"I would, but then I'd be lying," Frosty sighed. "Regardless, which would you prefer, mister Blaine - Transporters, which are quick and direct, and can be subtle as long as we don't beam down in an inhabited area; or the cloaked drop ship, which would be our most subtle option, but may or may not have a kink or two in the cloaking device?"

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2557 on: March 09, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »
"Let's go with the drop ship. I still don't trust that teleportation stuff," Blaine said, slightly grimacing at the idea of his atoms being pulled apart and put back. He stood up and slung his rifle over his shoulder.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2558 on: March 09, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »
"Drop ship it is, then," Frosty said.

"Oh, good - for a moment, I thought you'd go with the transporters," Zuko sighed in relief.

"Well, once we get in orbit, mister Blaine, we'll have you select our drop zone," Frosty stated. "Perhaps I should--"

"Captains to the bridge - we're approaching Sedra; repeat, Captains to the bridge," came the voice of the Helmsman over the intercom.

Zuko nabbed his rifle, and Frosty loaded a fresh magazine into his weapon. "Shall we?"

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2559 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »
Blaine grabbed and put his helmet on, following Harrison and Zuko. "By the way, Frosty. Mister is what they call my father, you can call me Bear," He said as he caught up to them. As he finished his statement, his visor changed from a transparent yellow to a opaque black. He turned his rifles' electronics on, bringing up the ammo count, and began checking his gear as they walked to the Bridge.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:27:43 PM by Blaiiine »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2560 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
"You could have said that from the get-go," Frosty commented. They walked onto the bridge, where one of the crewmen shouted, "Officers on deck!"

"As you were," Frosty said. "How soon till the transition to normal space?" The second he asked that, the Allegiance emerged from slipspace into real space. "Alright, Bear," Frosty stated, indicating a vacant console. "Find us a suitable LZ, select what personnel you are taking with you - aside from us - and I'll have the instructions sent to the right people."

"Mister Wilson," Zuko commanded the young human at the tactical console, "Engage the cloaking device." The UNSC Allegiance then shimmered and vanished as Zuko muttered, "... and hope the people down planetside didn't see us appear from slipspace."

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2561 on: March 09, 2017, 09:04:12 PM »
"Don't worry, Sedrans are used to UNSC ships flying by. They may not like it but they deal with it," Blaine said, while connecting his neural interface to the terminal. Two klicks west of input location. He requestitioned three ODST troopers and spare ammunition. "Alright, all done. We'll drop in a few klicks from the supposed meeting site," Blaine said looking at Sedra through the front viewport. It'd been a while since he last set foot on that planet.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2562 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
"Let's get moving, then," Frosty said. "Commander Antares... you have the Conn."

A red fox standing nearby saluted Frosty. "Aye, sir!"

Frosty and Zuko started for one of the hangar bays. En route, Frosty told Blaine, "Bear, I will warn you - this Drop Ship isn't a typical UNSC design. Something a buddy of mine in the DMC refurbished; she's the one who installed the cloaking device and got the weapons refitted."

Some time later, they would step into one of the starboard hangar bays, where the drop ship stood waiting:

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/UD-4L_Cheyenne_Dropship

Standing before that drop ship, conversing with what appeared to be the copilot, was the pilot - both of whom were Lupine. The pilot spotted Frosty and Zuko and snapped to attention. "Captain Frosty, Captain 'Vadam, sir!"

"Where are the ODSTs? I figured they'd meet us here..." Zuko muttered.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2563 on: March 09, 2017, 10:34:31 PM »
Blaine looked around, spotting three canine troopers in drop shock armor. "There they are," Blaine said to Frosty, clearing his visor to talk to the troopers. They walked in unison, all but one carrying the ODST-standard M7s SMG. The final one carried a 99D-S2 anti-material rifle. The squad leader, named Lee, saluted the three and looked to Blaine, spotting the small ONI logo on his chest plate. "Are you the spook?" Lee asked, frowning. "Well, I'd assume so. You boys ready?" Blaine asked, Lee nodding in the affirmative. Blaine looked back to Frosty for his answer.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2564 on: March 10, 2017, 03:14:53 AM »
"Get on board, strap yourselves in," Frosty told the lot. "Zuko... you know what to do."

"I'm just glad we're not taking the transporters," the Sangheili chuckled. The boarding ramp lowered, and Frosty and Zuko waited for Blaine, Lee and the ODSTs to board before boarding themselves.

"Brace yourselves," Frosty warned them, "This thing is a bit faster than the standard Pelican Drop Ship - and a lot more heavily armed. If we hit double trouble, my DMC buddy armed this thing to double as a support gunship."

"Let's just hope it doesn't come to that," Zuko commented as he sat in a space clearly designed for a Sangheili.