The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kids' Games  (Read 1019 times)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Kids' Games
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:58:56 AM »
I'm not talking about those educational baby games, I'm talking about coming-of-age games, innocent adventures, and the like. What are some games you think are best played when you're a kid?

A few I think are...

Almost any LoZ game! There's tons of clever and interesting characters, environments, etc. without the gritty cynicism of other good large-scale games like Fallout, Dying Light, and the like. (not to say that I don't love both)

Far Cry 3, although it's a bit brutal (and naughty) to be a true "kid game". Teenagers are still kids, so I'm not gonna call this one out of kid-tier. Anyway, this game has a wide open world to explore, and focuses on the main character's growth from an irresponsible kid to a brave warrior. A modern equivalent of the fairytale-ish growing up stories.

Undertale! I don't really need to say much about this one. It's story-rich, engaging but devoid of adult content that would go over kids' heads.

Life is Strange. It's literally about the significant issues that go on in a kid's (well, once again a teenager's) life. It's one of the few games I've seen about childhood that can be taken seriously.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Kids' Games
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:14:19 AM »
A kids game that was actually fantastic and super in depth was Viva Pinata: Trouble in paradise.

It was actually an amazing game
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
Far Cry 3, although it's a bit brutal (and naughty) to be a true "kid game". Teenagers are still kids, so I'm not gonna call this one out of kid-tier. Anyway, this game has a wide open world to explore, and focuses on the main character's growth from an irresponsible kid to a brave warrior. A modern equivalent of the fairytale-ish growing up stories.
Far Cry 3 is not so much about a character's growth from irresponsible kid to brave warrior but rather about the loss of innocence and the transformation from naive child into ruthless and, why not, crazed killer. I wouldn't call it a fairytale. Maybe a slow descent into madness.

Sounds like a fairy tale for me, although I'd call Far Cry 3 a lot more subtle about its lessons than the fairy tales I'm thinking of. Less violent too. XD

It's no wonder little kids used to have so many nightmares.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
I would not call far cry 3 a kids game, like if you want to call that a kids game might as well go with GTA (teens play it), Call of duty (teens play it), etc.

In which case this might as well be called "Games you used to play as a kid" rather than "Good kids games" XD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 11:59:49 AM »
Undertale! I don't really need to say much about this one. It's story-rich, engaging but devoid of adult content that would go over kids' heads.

You DID get to an end right?

Like... any of the three major endings?

I mean, I get what you mean, but all 3 major endings are pure nightmare fuel.

Also some elements DO go over kids heads, such as:
Spoiler for Hidden:
The fact Alphys is Suicidal. (if you need proof I will Pm it to you.)

That said, I would recommend Undertale to literally anyone over 13. Though I would hesitate to give it to actual kids.

Maybe I am just overly cautious
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:04:48 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »

You DID get to an end right?

Like... any of the three major endings?

I mean, I get what you mean, but all 3 major endings are pure nightmare fuel.

Also some elements DO go over kids heads, such as:
Spoiler for Hidden:
The fact Alphys is Suicidal. (if you need proof I will Pm it to you.)

That said, I would recommend Undertale to literally anyone over 13. Though I would hesitate to give it to actual kids.

Maybe I am just overly cautious

I also suggested Far Cry 3 on here. I'm not talking about little kids. XD