The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: frustrating brother rant  (Read 386 times)

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
frustrating brother rant
« on: March 08, 2016, 11:43:59 PM »
So, my whole life my brother and I have had a weird relationship. We've been good friends, but also had a loooot of tough spots. One problem is that he doesn't have much motivation or goals. I mean, I'm far from successful in much, but I'm happy. I'm doing what I can and just trying to get by and be happy. I just want everyone to be happy.

Lately he's been going crazy disrespectful and selfish to my family, and the fun part?

He DESPISES furries. he's always talking so much trash and spewing hate to furries and the community. I picked up a fursuit head for a cosplay, and I plan on making my own fursona suit eventually, I have a bat-hoodie from Bunnywarez, and it's not exactly a secret. And now mysteriously he's trying to shadow me there saying "This is going to sound weird, but I want to be a furry. To be a rhino furry." And he was treating it like some kind of dis to the furry community. I'm sitting there thinking "What is wrong with you? You should only take part if you're actually interested, and not there to troll or cause trouble." But then again, he's been shadowing me my whole life too.

I actually self published a book! And now he wants to write. I got scuba certification! And now he's "considering diving". The kicker there? He doesn't want to dive for the enjoyment of the sea or the adventure. He wants to dive just to find stuff and sell. Anytime he sees me pursuing something I enjoy, whether it's a job or for fun, he shadows me, but with an incredible disrespect that I just can't really convey with any more clarity. I feel like I'd be getting too repetitive, being that I'm venting.

Anyway, it's been a loooooong time with a looooot of garbage to deal with. There is a LOT of nasty stuff he's done at home, but I'm not going into that.

And it should absolutely be understood that he is my brother, and I love him. But love and like are different things.

I just wish he could learn to put aside his selfishness and malice, and just try to be happy and let other people be happy. One does not need to ride coat tails to find success or happiness.
Right?
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
Re: frustrating brother rant
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:26:02 AM »
I have had major sibling frustrations in the past which were extremely profound, not just for me, but for my entire family. I think you are right to be frustrated about stuff like this, and in all honesty he doesn't sound like the kind of person that will listen to an argument from you about this stuff.

Not really advice and it may not seem that helpful, but the brother you know now may not be the brother you know in the future. Just having my older brother was a hellish experience a mere decade ago, and now he is super awesome and I would hang with him anytime. It doesn't happen in every case, but you would be surprised with the clarity that age can bring.

Feel free to PM me about this if you want, brother frustration buddy. I've been there and would be glad to let you speak with me if you would like.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:28:39 AM »
Alot of those things hit close to home, Vampy.
I can help you out. I've dealt with things like this.
wired as right now

Offline Calun the Bat

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • But Nobody Came
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spectacled Flying Fox
  • Coloring: dark brown main, sandy/gold secondary, assorted blues. Black/maroon eyes.
  • Height: 6' 00"
  • Weight: 185
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:51:48 AM »
Thanks, you two. I really appreciate that. It's good to get to talk to someone, and being able to relate can make it easier. I'll send a message. :)
"The world is what you make of it, sir! If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."