The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite Part Manafacturer?  (Read 2647 times)

xephoran

Favorite Part Manafacturer?
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:40 AM »
Tech board never seems to be busy  at all, so I thought I'd make a new topic!

If any of you are anything like me, you have one PC part maker that you like more than any others. I like MSI the most, personally, because I like the quality and long term stability of their components through things like their Dark CAPs and Super Ferrite Chokes. Also, love the AMAZING color scheme and look of their parts. I admit it, a large reason is I love their looks.  :)

Anyways though, would love to hear your opinions!

(I tries to only include companys that made a wide variety of parts for the survey... so sorry if who you like was left out!)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Favorite Part Manafacturer?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:24 AM »
I ended up choosing other because for me it depends on the part itself.

CPU I always go Intel.
Motherboard I prefer MSI
GPU I prefer either Asus or Evga
RAM I prefer Crucial
HDD I prefer Western Digital, or SD I prefer Samsung
Keyboard/Mouse I prefer Steelseries
Headset I prefer Logitech.

I used to love XFX for Graphics and Mothetboards since they had the best customer service and great quality, but once they went and focused on ATI/AMD I had to switch over ;_;

xephoran

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »

CPU I always go Intel.
Motherboard I prefer MSI
RAM I prefer Crucial

I used to love XFX for Graphics and Mothetboards since they had the best customer service and great quality, but once they went and focused on ATI/AMD I had to switch over ;_;

That sounds like a pretty nice set of choices for companies. I prefer Seagate hard drives myself because I had one in an old rig which last close to 5 years without any problem.

Guessing your a NVIDIA fan?

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »

CPU I always go Intel.
Motherboard I prefer MSI
RAM I prefer Crucial

That sounds like a pretty nice set of choices for companies. I prefer Seagate hard drives myself because I had one in an old rig which last close to 5 years without any problem.

Yep. I've never had any major issues with them, and while ATI may have speed in some cases, Nvidia has the power and support.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
dont care who makes it aslong as it pulls good fps and doesnt catch fire (shots fired at amd for theirs catching fire even seen the melted gpu board) they get my cash
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

xephoran

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »
dont care who makes it aslong as it pulls good fps and doesnt catch fire (shots fired at amd for theirs catching fire even seen the melted gpu board) they get my cash

What exactly from AMD did you see caught on fire? Unless it was cpu, id imagine it was the manufacturer's fault... I like AMD and  my R9 380 or X1600 never caught fire  :P
(yes the X1600 was incredibly old)

CPU I always go Intel.
Motherboard I prefer MSI
RAM I prefer Crucial

Yep. I've never had any major issues with them, and while ATI may have speed in some cases, Nvidia has the power and support.

Definitely agree that Nvidia has better (smaller) power draw, but I'd say there are ALOT of games with AMD technologies in their games. Especially games ported from consoles. If you mean from Nvidia themselves, I use to own a gts 450 and I think the driver support is just as good. I do miss the Geforce experience app updating drivers without use of a web browser though...

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 01:47:51 AM »
it was a graphics card that caught fire

hmm i cant remember whose but i have seen the damage from them catching fire
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:05:41 AM by saph the sergal »

xephoran

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 02:52:28 AM »
In that case, it wasn't AMD's fault. It was the manufacturer's. Unless it was because of the screw up with the bad drivers which disabled some graphics card's normal fan profiles... now THAT was a major mistake by AMD themselves...

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:00 AM »
In that case, it wasn't AMD's fault. It was the manufacturer's. Unless it was because of the screw up with the bad drivers which disabled some graphics card's normal fan profiles... now THAT was a major mistake by AMD themselves...
To be completely fair, that was on a beta type driver and got a fix within a day-ish.

Nvidia actually had a very similar driver issue happen a couple of years back (2010) and another issue also causing overheating in 2013.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

xephoran

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
To be completely fair, that was on a beta type driver and got a fix within a day-ish.

Nvidia actually had a very similar driver issue happen a couple of years back (2010) and another issue also causing overheating in 2013.

That it's true. I never really thought about it that way. I guess both companies seem to have their fair share of problems when it comes to drivers.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »
mmhmm but cards catching fire? seemed a vrm on most ive seen

xephoran

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »
VRM's are still a result of the manufacturer I believe. I may be wrong though.