The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Transformers Prime  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Flora

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
Transformers Prime
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:17 AM »
Hmm I am surprised I haven't seen a topic about this! Has anyone here seen the show Transformers Prime? What did you think of it?
Transformers Prime is my favorite TV show so far. My favorite character has to be Optimus Prime... he's so awesome in that series!
If you have not seen it I recommend checking it out! I cannot guarantee you'll like it as much as I do but it's pretty cool to me.
All the characters are really awesome and the storyline is great!
Inactive

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
Re: Transformers Prime
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:05:41 AM »
I have to agree. Having grown up on G1 Transformers and loving it with a level of nostalgia way beyond its merit, TF prime is probably the best incarnation ever. It has all the best elements of G1 and Beast Wars but without all the embarrassing bits. Completely outclasses the other series (armada, energon, RiD, animated, Cybertron, beast machines and G2)
Takes some of the good from the live action movies but doesn't make the same mistakes.

My only gripe is that it kinda jumped the shark with beast hunters. But introducing the predacons was a big risk that could have been awesome.

Post Merge: January 19, 2016, 02:06:48 AM
I have to agree. Having grown up on G1 Transformers and loving it with a level of nostalgia way beyond its merit, TF prime is probably the best incarnation ever. It has all the best elements of G1 and Beast Wars but without all the embarrassing bits. Completely outclasses the other series (armada, energon, RiD, animated, Cybertron, beast machines and G2)
Takes some of the good from the live action movies but doesn't make the same mistakes.

My only gripe is that it kinda jumped the shark with beast hunters. But introducing the predacons was a big risk that could have been awesome.

Offline Flora

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »

I agree, I've seen other shows but so far Transformers Prime still remains my favorite show. But I noticed TFP is surprisingly violent for a "kids show". I mean there may not be any human blood, but there are some scenes where energon sprays and stuff. Oh well. xD Also I must say I prefer Season 1 and 2 out of the whole series and movie heheh.
Inactive

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:23 PM »
Yes, I agree it's quite violent for a "kids' show" and the first 2 seasons are the best.  It is certainly the only version I know of that uses the word cadaver and establishes then kills off a character in the first episode or two

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »
Isn't Transformers Prime the one with the movie labelled as "Rise of the predacons" or was that a different one?
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Flora

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
Isn't Transformers Prime the one with the movie labelled as "Rise of the predacons" or was that a different one?
There is the main show Transformers Prime and then the movie that comes after it called Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising. :)
Inactive

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:07 PM »
Ahh! So I was thinking of the right one!

Yeah. I've not watched all the episodes but there's a few I have that made me wonder how such dark episodes would be allowed. Pretty much any of the dark energon ones were, come to think of it. 
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Flora

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »
Ahh! So I was thinking of the right one!

Yeah. I've not watched all the episodes but there's a few I have that made me wonder how such dark episodes would be allowed. Pretty much any of the dark energon ones were, come to think of it.
True. I sometimes watch Transformers Prime with my little sister, but when I do I try to find more 'kid friendly' episodes. XD
Inactive

Offline Winnona

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Utahraptor.
  • Coloring: Brown with burgundy feathers. Pink and blue eyes.
  • Height: About 6 feet.
  • Build: Sturdy and curvy.
  • Currently: Loitering about.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:15:18 AM »
The first two seasons of Prime were amazing, but I think they dropped the ball a little with Beast Hunters. It didn't seem to progress as well as the previous seasons, if I remember correctly. Some of the parts of TFP I remember best:

"Faster, Stronger", with Ratchet's new Energon-induced confidence, that was hilarious.
That one occasion where Megatron grabs Starscream by the face and drags him into... the Nemesis, I think it was.
Knockout saying the thought of humans "interfacing" makes him uncomfortable.
And... I think Optimus had a mission in Scotland, or something, and someone says something about a kilt, and OP doesn't say anything, just stares at them. You can see his eyes flicking back and forth a little as he's trying to figure it out, and it's so subtle, but really adorable.

Has anyone tried watching Robots In Disguise? I heard it's supposed to be a sequel to Prime, and it started up a few months ago, but from the clips and stills I've seen, it seems more like a spiritual successor to TF Animated.
  • Avatar by: Myself. (That white thing's supposed to be a fur coat.)
"Ibis redibis nunquam per bella peribis." In other words, proper punctuation is important.

Click, please, if you have a moment?

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
I couldn't agree more Winnona, TFP started out so strong and has some really excellent details that elevate it above so many "similar" shows.  I haven't seen RiD yet (at least not the 2015 series, bit confusing since there was the 2001 series of the same name) but I have heard a lot of adult fans say that they expected it to be pretty crap (ie aimed at younger children) but that in fact it is quite good.  But haven't been able to judge for myself yet, certainly the toys are not to my taste :/

It is set in the TFP continuity but I think it does seem to be very much the spiritual successor to Animated at least in character design.

I was pretty excited by the Combiner Wars line when it was announced and would love to get the Devastator set, but haven't seen it in stores all year and online prices have been pretty high.  Am eagerly awaiting the NY toy fair in a few days to see what the franchise's future holds.

Offline Winnona

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »
 I haven't seen RiD yet (at least not the 2015 series, bit confusing since there was the 2001 series of the same name) but I have heard a lot of adult fans say that they expected it to be pretty crap (ie aimed at younger children) but that in fact it is quite good.  But haven't been able to judge for myself yet, certainly the toys are not to my taste :/

I was pretty excited by the Combiner Wars line when it was announced and would love to get the Devastator set, but haven't seen it in stores all year and online prices have been pretty high.  Am eagerly awaiting the NY toy fair in a few days to see what the franchise's future holds.

Yeah, theres the two RiD series, and then the line of comics published alongside MTMTE. Hasbro's gotta think up some new titles.  XD

I've only seen clips of it, so it seems to be pretty good, although from what I know, Grimlock seems more like a pet than a king, so it'd be cool if he got his own story arc of him growing into the (slightly dim) powerhouse we all know and love. Also, hearing Steeljaw's voice for the first time gave me the same feeling as hearing Knockout's the first time. Their voices are so smooth.  :*

I don't remember seeing any RiD toys in any stores around here, now that I think about it, but I did see a pretty cool looking Motormaster the other day, likely from the Combiner Wars line, not that I specifically looked.

Having a Devastator would be pretty cool, but I don't think anything I could buy could top my G1 Unicron. That thing is massive.
"Ibis redibis nunquam per bella peribis." In other words, proper punctuation is important.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
G1 Unicron, nice!

My biggest is the Generations Metroplex, it's quite amazing.  It feels like holding a child, I automatically adopt a nursing hold XD

It literally took hours to apply all the stickers!

But my favourite atm is the evasion mode OP.  That cabover design in the G1 colours but just so sweeeeeeet....

*fangirls uncontrollably*

I still remember getting my G1 OP... sadly he is no longer with me, but I do have the Nemesis Prime reissue of the G1 mold.  That is just so beautiful.

Getting a bit off topic.  So... voice actors for TFP, they really are amazing aren't they?

Oh and Starscream, what's your call, I think he wear high heels!  Which is a bold choice in the Decepticon camp.

OH MY GOD!!! How cool is Mr Spock, er I mean Shockwave?  SHould we just call him Spockwave and be done with it?

Offline Winnona

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »
Thanks. Unfourtunately, I got it from a friend who has a habit of losing things, so he didn't come into my possession with the hemishpere peices for his plant mode, or the bit the fires from his chest, but it's still really cool.

Lol, you must take care of the robots, they are precious.

Since we're talking about what we have, I may as well list my collection:

-4 Construct Bots; Starscream, Thundercracker, and Blitzwing(since they didn't have Skywarp), and a smaller Lockdown
-the huge Unicron
-a small Bayformers starscream
-a small TFP Starscream
-Bayformers Strafe
-TFA Ratchet, Bulkhead, Prowl, Optimus, Blurr, Oilslick
-a smaller, knock-off TFA Ratchet I got at the dollar store (the paint is a little splotchy, but he looks okay transformed)
-Kinder surprise toys from their TFP line; three bulkheads, two Starscreams, and Arcee, a Bumblebee, and a Soundwave

I saw an awesome Megatron I really wanted while TFP was still running, but the thing was $60, so I decided against it, and now I regret not getting it. What all do you have?

Starscream DEFINITELY wears heels, likely because he's so small compared to all the other cons.

Shockwave's design was so cool. He walks through the bridge, and I'm like "YES." Even Megatron seemed happy to see him. Another thing I noticed about TFP is that they payed attention to the walking animation alot, so all the robots swing their hips very gently as they walk. <3