The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: YouTube Advice  (Read 492 times)

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
YouTube Advice
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »
So, I have a YouTube channel.  It is called "Oanta"  (I use Oanta for pretty much everything I do).  Now, I haven't posted any videos for a long time as I did not have enough intrinsic motivation to continue and I have a total of 200 views over several years.  So, not a lot of external motivation.  The content that I put up were game videos.

I recently started a quest to level up my life.  In this quest, I am making smaller quests that will earn me xp to get me closer to my overall master quest of being more awesome at life.  When I complete these smaller quests, I earn experience and level up on paper, and theoretically, it will help me to be more awesome in real life too. 

My question for you: Do you think anyone would want to watch a vlog of my journey? If so, what would be the best way to present it?  I'm thinking of having an introduction to my quest(s) for the day/week and then showing clips of what I am doing or what I did. 

Thoughts?

xephoran

Re: YouTube Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
If you're interested in making videos on it, I'm sure there's an audience for it. (I myself am not big into vlogs)

I think the format you mentioned is good, but you need to put some work into and make some nice graphics for it to make it look good. (especially thumbnails). One of the things I would do is create a graphic of an "experience bar" and maybe a list of "quests" and update those for each video you post.

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:52:18 AM »
I was definitely planning on having the xp bar or quest list or something like that.  I am not too familiar with video editing so there will be a bit of a learning curve but I'm cool with that. 

My other issue that I was thinking of today is that I don't have anyone that will be able to record me while I work on my quests.  I can record the before, the things that I need, and the after of how it went, but I don't have the equipment to record the during. 

xephoran

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:42:22 PM »
Honestly I dont think it matters that much if you cant record the during, you could always use a wallet as a phone stand if that's what you're using to record.

It shouldn't (depending on the program used) be that difficult to learn editing that's good enough. I use Windows Movie Maker in my videos, and I think it looks fine  :P

Offline Riddle

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I want cuddles! ^w^
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: dark gray and white
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Weight: 40 kg
  • Build: thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: ~( ̄▽ ̄)~
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:24:33 PM »
Love your idea about quests! Just love it, don't mind if I make a personal one? ^^

And about the recordings: JUST DO IT! :D
If you feel like you want to, just think about the long run: If you start now, you will more quicker be better at making videos (leveling your youtube questline :P). You are right, all you need is motivation, with no motivation you will come nowhere. And this is why I am here! :D (to motivate you :P)

Just start doing things you like, and whatever you will do, the result will be the same: You will be better and better at what you are doing, and at the end, the result is what matters, the long run matters. Don't mind your 200 views, imagine that you have 200k! Make yourself believe that you are in the long run already, but of course don't forget that you are still learning!

Maybe you wont do gaming videos, maybe you will find something better to do, that you like more, and that people enjoy when ¨you¨ are doing it! And of course: Never give up, if you really want it, you will achieve it!

Thank you :3
(hope I didn't offend anyone o.o)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:26:07 PM by Riddle »

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 03:17:22 AM »
Thanks, Riddle.  I think, if I make it more of a journal than a vlog, it will help keep me on track for my other quests by keeping me accountable, and it will be going on the internet so others can keep me accountable too.  Then, if it becomes popular, or even if it doesn't, maybe that one view will help someone motivate themselves to level up their own life. 

BTW, I didn't get this idea of leveling up and quests on my own.  I learned it from nerdfitness.com and his more recent work levelupyourlife.com

Offline Riddle

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I want cuddles! ^w^
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: dark gray and white
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Weight: 40 kg
  • Build: thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: ~( ̄▽ ̄)~
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 07:15:30 AM »
Glad you're positive, keep up the good work :3

(thank you for the link, will definitely check it out ;) )

~Riddle