The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 503 times)

Offline furfurlife

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: tiger
Please Help
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »
Hi my name is Aaron I am 16 years old and through the internet and youtube I have started to find myself becoming more and more interested in furry culture..I have always felt that I have identified with animals especially tigers and I often find myself finding my natural form when I am alone in my room where people wont judge me..the day before yesterday i mentioned to a friend that I wanted to look further into furry culture and explore that side of me he said that i can't be unless i'm homosexual and that furrys have weird sex practices
and inituation rituals that involve forced sex..I am hoping this is not true because it goes against my strict christian up bringing and I want to take steps into discovering myself through furry culture

with love - Aaaron

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
Well only at first X3

No im kidding, there's no forced sex in fact here on these forums is kept clean. And no not all furries are gay.

This is what happens when people get an idea in their head and the media runs with it. The media will go into a convention and of the thousands of people there they wil seek out the one person that fits their needs and put them on tv.
The furry fandom like any fandom has a "dark side" but you can choose whether or not to partake in it.

There are other christian furries on this very site, there was a thread somewhere for them but im not sure where its at. The simple fact is that most people outside the fandom dont know what were actually about so they make up an image in their head as a bunch of sex starved perverts.

Were really just a group of people with a hobby, thats all there is. Its no different than someone that lets say builds model ships

But anyways welcome aboard ^_^
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8")
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
Hey Aaron.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but you have nothing to worry about.
The thing about us furries, only being homosexuals, doing weird sex practices and other rituals are all rumors. People like to look down upon us, because they don't know anything about us, so they just see us as bad people. People are afraid of what they don't know, so they prejudice us. Harshly. Now, to be fair, many furries are homosexuals, pansexuals, bisexuals, etc., but that's because they feel comfortable opening up here. We're a very accepting community, so we don't judge people on things like their sexuality. Although all of that, there are also heterosexual furries. We don't initiate "rituals involving forced sex". That's just ridiculous and wrong. Some furries do have "weird" sex practices, but every cosplaying/roleplaying fandom has that.
To sum up, like I said before, you have nothing to worry about, and I hope you'll feel more comfortable being a part of this community.

-Ulvus

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:27:25 PM »
It's true that we have a pretty notable ratio of straight-to-gays on this site. However, there is by no means a requirement of any sort. Most of us are just normal folks trying to make some memories.

Whoever came up with "sexual initiation rituals" isn't right in the head.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
Hey arron you need to understand one thing, everyone will have an opinion of furries I a negative way. Here's the problems with that. You do have a small percent that are sexual, and go to the dark side. Good example is me. I'm a sexual deviant irl (lol only with my s/o) but styxx is pure as pure can be. And that is how most of us are. The sexual initiation ritual is ironically a satanic satire  on hiding what they are to the rest of the world. So who ever told you that fell for the shenanigans of others. We are all from different walks of life and the main goal is to simple have fun. (and if you fursuit make others smile and feel good.) so yeah. A lot of us are artsy, but there are some of us. (me included) who have to commission art because we can't draw a stick figure to save our life. xD hope some of the things we and I have said clears up a lot of the shenanigans your friend said.
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3

Offline furfurlife

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: tiger
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 04:22:03 AM »
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and helping me clear up these misconceptions regarding your culture I think I am ready to begin my furry journey..now all i need to do is figure out how to tell my parents

lots of furry love and god bless - Aaron

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 04:46:38 AM »
Couldn't have said it better than anyone else here. I also happen to be one of those "other Christian furries", and I'd be happy to link you the thread once I find it!

Best of luck,
            Wolx
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline Styxx Von Doom

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
  • Species: Anubian (closed species)
  • Coloring: black/gold/red
  • Currently: Kal kek m'al shol'va!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 06:58:59 AM »
But seriously though... If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask as most of us are glad to help. I say most as some might tell you to google it (is a species  or not everyone being able to answer.) also I'm always a pm away on here so yeah ^_^
Mak tal shree! Lok tak. Mekta satak Styxx! Mok tal Styxx kree!
(I am the great and powerful Styxx)

"I wade through the fields of punishment; the wretched faces of the damned reflect in the shadows of the folds, as if their very souls were stitched within the fabric of my black robes. Though I come from darkness, and the riches beneath the world are mine to bestow, I still begin my day with the splendor of this little… roasted… bean."

Lord Frosty Butt

:^3