The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Exploration: Vantamos (ooc and character card board! closed!)  (Read 5099 times)

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Exploration: Vantamos (ooc and character card board!)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 09:12:28 PM »
Starting city, but other than that i see everything i had in my orginal plan. The original player card setup is in the ic thread but i like that one much better tbh

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 04:37:11 AM »
Now that you made mention of the starting city, what's the actual geography of this place? Where are the cities located and who is most common to what cities?

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 07:39:31 AM »
This is the ic thread. It should answer alot i think lol

Welcome to Vatamos. A land where furries of all kinds live, thrive, explore, and progress. From the moutain highlands of The Fanged King, the valleys and forests of The mystic circle,and the beaches of The wave riders, all is open to explore and enjoy! This is a time of peace in Vatamos with the innivations of steam technology such as automatic rifles, tesla generators, the steam engine and the airship. its easier and safer than ever to explore, travel and seek your fourtune anyway you choose! But be warned. Vatamos is also still to be feared. Pirates lurk the sky and sea. while bandits, raiders, and cults, can be lurking where you least expect them. so travel in a group or go it alone. But you have been warned.

Starting point breakdowns: here is a break down of the lands a player can choose to start in!

1. The Highlands. A harsh moutainious region generally populated by bears, wolves, and foxes. Players who choose to start here will start in Mountain Gate. The fortress city ruled with an iron claw by The Fanged king. A harsh city to be sure but more powerful weapons, better made airships, or harder forged steel you will not find. Weapon shops here are the best and most high acclaimed and jobs here are high paying and difficult.

2.The Valley Forests of the Mystics. A lush dense forest region close to the Highlands. Its a realm deeply cloaked in mystery and magic. Players who start here will start in Circle City. A largely academic town ran by the 4 mystics. Hooded mysterious figures. The city is a more upscale sort and the jobs here are lower paying than most cities and are generally simple. but training, upgrades ,potions and medicines here are more than worth the money.

3.Wave Rider Beaches.
Unlike the other lands Wave Rider Beach is a varitable paradise and a trade power house of ports and airship docks. If you need it. They have it. For much better prices than youll find anywhere. The jobs here are medium paying and there are alot of them. Everything you need is here..just maybe not the quality you want. Players who start here will end up in Dock Port city. The city has no leadership The orginal inhabitants are known as the wave riders and they want no leading role or part in how the city is ran. They are carefree. Non violent and fun loving. Even the nastiest criminal wouldnt dare kill a wave rider. But this means the city pretty much governs itself. Crimes here are usually delt with the offender ir the victim dead in the ocean. And there is a lot of crime.

Notes: Any place in or between cities is able to be travled to.

Name:
Apperance:
Weapons:(if any)
Armor:(if any)
Profession:
Skills:
Starting City:

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 04:38:42 PM »
I couldn't find the "IC thread", so I guess you merged them?

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 12:24:59 AM »
Name: Sydney "Syd" Rivet Arthurs

Species:
Australian Shepherd

Fighting Discipline/Style:
Thief

Prior/Current Profession:
Pirate/Burlesque Dancer

Appearance:
Click, click. General attire, when not dancing, minus the hat.

Bio:
Taking to the seas as a nameless thief, Syd joined on a crew only to be thrown overboard months later over sailor's superstitions. Under the guise of deeming her bad luck for the ship, her captain saw fit to throw her overboard simply for being a capable woman on his ship - his men didn't need any more distractions. Although she was left for dead, she somehow survived, washing up on shore at a port. From that point forward, she disguised herself as a man, taking on jobs on ships and sometimes dancing at night.

Equipment:
Two daggerson her belt and a pistol.

Starting City:
Wave Rider Beaches | Dock Port City

More details to come, but that's what I have so far.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:25:50 PM by Mortimus-maximus »

Offline Xavier Akafur

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter-Wolf
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown, tan
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 205 lbs
  • Build: Sturdy
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:03 AM »
Is that a new character, Mort? :D
Captain of the Stormrider

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 08:54:53 AM »
Name: Vosur Aekira
Species: White Wolf
Appearance:  Height: 6 feet 1 inch (Just under 2 meters), Weight: 230 pounds equipped (about 104 kilograms), white fur covering most of the body with the exception of the tail-tips being perma-singed to where the fur at the tips grow black. Has normally-blue irises that change to red based on his mood.
Powers: N/A
Weapons: Custom-modified sword-and-sheath set with a revolving-chamber firearm built into the sheath to allow for faster unsheathe-and-strikes or for self-defense if the sword is unavailable. Fighting style discipline is primarily Iaido based but can use the revolver portion of the sheath for combat.
Armor: Brigandine styled armor-clothes with plates sewn into denim cloth on vital areas such as: abdomen, upper-arms, thighs, and lower-legs. Also wears plate-covered boots and finger-less gauntlets of similar make.
Profession: (Prior) Customs Armorer, (Current) Explorer
Equipment: Portable tool-kit for repairing and cleaning his equipment, ammunition for the sheath-revolver hybrid
Skills: Repairing and modifying older or broken technology, usually limited to hand-held or carried equipment
Starting City: The Highlands

I would've added in clickable links, but I've had to modify this character to fit this realm, so those refs would not have worked.

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
I see no real problems with any of your characters and they are all approved. The ic thread is now open to post. Each make an introductory post setting the pace. And i ask no one make beyond an intro post until everyone has posted one! After that i ask you make a post at least an hour to 30 minutes apart. This is a loose rule and i wont enforce it hardcore unless 2 people just dominate a whole page. Also i would like at least a paragraph or more but again. Not going to hardcore enforce it unless you really push me. Other than that post away! And for those who cant find the thread the url is posted below!

http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=31047.0

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »
Is that a new character, Mort? :D

Yes and no! I've had her for a hot minute but she's been through a lot of changes and frankly any RP I put her in in the past died too early.

Offline Rainbowbulldog

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Brown fur with darker arms and legs
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 220 lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Thinking about food
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 07:25:24 PM »
Is the rp still open to join?
This would have been better if there was punch and pie

Offline Eden-H

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Android
  • Coloring: White, black
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Uplifted
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
Name: Arias S.Y.N

Species: Synthoid; an amalgamation of synthetic flesh and metal

Fighting Discipline/Style: Sniper under ideal circumstances; close-range fisticuffs

Prior/Current Profession: (Previously) Historian | (Currently) Scout, adventurer and truth-seeker

Appearance: http://sta.sh/2197ye5p4tg5

Bio: Although he bears no memories of his true birth place or why he was brought into the world to begin with, S.Y.N (later dubbed 'Arias') knew several important details upon first gaining consciousness: He was not the only amalgamation that walked this earth and he had an intensely burning desire to uncover everything about the planet. For a time he would do exactly this, following the paths obviously laid out before him and exploring from one end of a continent to another. He would attempt to satiate that unquenchable blaze for many years, uncovering the history that colored the variety of people who dotted this strange world.

Yet as time marched ever forward and his single journal turned into many, he finally understood it was not just the workings of this planet that drew him on. It was the strange forces that governed this world and the fabric of reality itself, ever tearing at the seams whenever magic was used. These primal energies were something few understood and even fewer desired to contemplate, running instead to the arms of technology and its advances. Yet the very idea of uncovering the truth about its existence filled him with true purpose.

Thus it was from his exploration and pointed questions that he wound up in Circle City, a place that positively thrummed with magic and gave birth to scholars who seemed to seek the very same thing he did. While he still remains within the confines of this city, he has become restless and ever weary of the people who come and go. Not only do they seem far less interested in making the same advancements as he or even giving credence to the beliefs he has formed, they instead pour far too much effort into perfecting spells and retaining a cloak of mystery via the Four Mystics. A simple fact he finds exceedingly distasteful.

Equipment: A long-range rifle that appears to have been cobbled together from spare parts and by the hands of a madman; journals stored in a variety of unusual places on his body as well as pens. Curiously he does not appear to have any place where he stores ammunition for his rifle or spare parts in case portions of him are damaged.

Starting City: The Valley Forests of the Mystics | Circle City
  • Signature art by: GhostPaladin

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 03:06:32 AM »
Just in case if it's hard to find: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=31047.0 is the IC thread. I'm still planning my own intro but if anything, you may want to do an intro you'd think would be a good start, Anon. It might help it get going. I personally have to wait until I get home from work first.

Offline anonsucks117

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 05:27:47 AM »
Yeah me too. Ill get it going tomorrow morning! I worked a 12 hour shift today

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
Hope that works! I'd have gone on more, but I thought that was probably long enough. x-x

Offline Folic Acid

• Jovial Jaguar
  • I am only &%$#@!% human what am I supposed to do?
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Grey, black spots, and a green mohawk
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 110 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Hating what I have become...
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 04:51:52 PM »
Hi im sort of new to this and I thought the forum you made sounded cool can I join in
“A joker is a little fool who is different from everyone else. He's not a club, diamond, heart, or spade. He's not an eight or a nine, a king or a jack. He is an outsider. He is placed in the same pack as the other cards, but he doesn't belong there. Therefore, he can be removed without anybody missing him.”
I'm that Joker!

Pet's name: Zuknaer
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!