The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to get a game to work.  (Read 1095 times)

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
Trying to get a game to work.
« on: December 14, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
I'm trying to get https://www.dropbox.com/s/slyoghn5ufeb5sd/magicalmonsters2.zip?dl=1 to work, but I'm having trouble. My friend who gave me this told me to set my System Locale to Japanese and, if it still doesn't work, set the compatibility to Windows 95/98, but it still wont work. Before setting the system locale, I turn the game on, it shows the ASCII, Enterbrain and Outback logos, and then I get this error:Neeror.png ...But after setting the system locale, I boot it up and it X-es out right away without showing the logos. I've been asking my friend about this game, but he only seems to be on a little bit every other day, and with all due respect I'd rather not wait to play a game that's probably not even that good. I mostly just want to see the characters. Anyone have any hints or help?

Offline VoodooMax

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange and White
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 130 pounds
  • Build: Slender
Re: Trying to get a game to work.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:00:27 AM »
Are you sure you set the system locale to Japanese or did you just change your PC region? just helping but in order for you to change your system locale follow these steps.

1. Click your start menu
2. Click on "Control Panel"
3. Click on "Clock, Language, and Region"
4. Click "Region and Language"
5. Click on the "Administrative" tab
6. Click on "Change system locale..."
7. Click on "Japanese (Japan)" from the list

After you do that you will be prompted to restart you PC to complete the change. Now that we got that out of the way, click on the program you are trying to run as administrator. and when you get the dialogue box asking you if you wan to run it you should also get a small icon on the bottom right of the screen that says "English", click on that and change it to Japan and then run the program. If this doesn't work compatibility wont be that much help because newer versions of Windows still has code from previous versions of Windows. I'm not saying to not use compatibility mode, I'm just saying that it wont help much. 

If all else fails, your PC might be the problem because it's trying to run a program a certain way that the program isn't meant to run and that can cause complications. If this is indeed the reason, I would get a virtual machine granted these are only software and not hardware but it may increase the odds of the program to work. I hope this helps.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:35:15 AM »
An RPG Maker game, I'm not really surprised you're running into problems, that program is filled with glitches. Why did the creator just not simply post it up on the RPG Maker archive? Not touching these files, but RPG Maker is what Enterbrain is known for and the japanese language pack dependency suggests that the copy used to make this game was pirated and that is probably why this game doesn't work.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:58:18 PM »
Wow, this topic's way old. I got that game to work a while ago. Thanks for the help anyway though.