The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Quest for the Crystal of Ore  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Addison Shakespeare

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • http://www.hubpages.com
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampire
  • Coloring: Pale White
  • Height: 5'9''
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: light muscle
Re: The Quest for the Crystal of Ore
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »
lifts you up and puts you on the bike *don't worry, i'm taking you to the hospital* addison starts the bike and races to get you to the hospital. you finally wake up in a hospital bed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:46:49 PM by Addison Shakespeare »
Hey! There's a message in my soup, it says oooo . . . *Addison, those are chereos . . .*

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
  • ♥Sing along to songs you don't know♥
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Synthetic lifeform. Pomeranian based.
  • Coloring: A goldish bamboo taupe colour
  • Height: 4'3
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Plump, but carries her weight fairly well.
  • Currently: Relatively content at the moment. Subject to change, though.
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »
He opens his eyes wearily, the blurs of colour around him seeming unfamiliar to him, the colours consisted mostly of whites and grays. He groans slightly and sits up, blinking a few times until his vision was partially clear, and he could sort of make out what things were.

She perks and turns, flicking her tail behind her, she was a fox of not more than eighteen years. She quietly steps toward the bed and leans forward to speak to him softly so he could hear her without damaging his hearing, as he was a small thing for his age, he looked to be frail. "Hey little one.. How are you feeling?"

He blinks and tilts his head slightly. Trying not to be rude, he scoots backwards slightly so that he wasn't quite so close to her, as he had an issue with claustrophobia. "I'm.. Where am I..?" He questions.

She looks at him questioningly as he moves back, then puts it in the back of her mind and replies, "You are in the hospital, little one. You passed out and your friend here brought you to us." She motions toward the sleeping Addison, then turns her attention back to the boy. "Now.. How are you feeling?"

"Oh.. I.. Did I? Hmm.. I don't remember.. Oh!! Gah.. Oh.. Don't remind me of that.. I don't want to think about that.. It was scary.. I mean I was there.. And.. Then a few seconds later I'm in pain and.. Then I'm here.." He shutters slightly, then says, "I'm feeling better.. My wrist hurts a little still.. But I'm definately better."

She smiles, her tail swishing behind her slightly. "That's good, now.. Let me see your wrist, I want to have a look at it." She puts her paw out for him to place his on.

He turns pink in the cheeks slightly, and does as she asks, placing his paw on hers. "O-okay.."

She smiles and puts her other paw on his wrist, slowly bending his paw, feeling the joints grind against each other unnaturally. She frowns at his wincing and the sounds of the grinding, then says, "Oh.. I see.. Hmm.. That isn't good.." She lets go of his paw and he rubs his wrist slightly, watching her walk over to a small cabinet. She opens it and removes a splint and some gauze, then returns to him. " Hunny, I'm gonna have to break your wrist again.. It has to heal properly."

His eyes widen and he looks at her, then looks down. "But.." He sighs and holds out his paw again, looking away with his eyes closed.

She whispers, "It'll be okay, I promise." She takes his paw in hers and moves her other to the top of his wrist, and moves the bottom paw to the other side. "Are you ready?"

The boy nods and folds his ears back, whining slightly.

She nods and puts her paws in position, letting out a sigh, then quickly and roughly pushes her paws with a strong, unexpected force, resulting in a loud snap.

He lets out a howl in pain and whines loudly, tears streaming down his face. He looks at her and folds his ears back, then after a short time, he'd pulled  himself together and whispers in a raspy voice, "Thanks.."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:10:09 PM by Gift des Regens »
  • Signature art by: celesse

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2007, 11:11:45 PM »
as he sits in the corner watching what's happening to his friend, hoping that he's going to be ok :sniffle:
Hey! There's a message in my soup, it says oooo . . . *Addison, those are chereos . . .*

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2007, 11:15:05 PM »
pulls a half melted twix bar out of his pocket and begins to munch on it, watching with intent of what's going on

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »
She smiles and places the splint on his wrist gently, then wraps the gauze around it and secures it. She kisses him on the head lightly and ruffles the fur on the top of his head between his ears. "You okay now?"

He blushes and nods quietly, "Yeah.. I'm okay. Heh.. Thanks again.."

She smiles and kneels down to him. "You can go back to your friend now little one."

He nuzzles her shyly and slips a small coin into her pocket; The only money he had. He slid off the hospital bed and slowly made his way to Addison.

She smiles and returns the nuzzle before watchign him turn away, then says "Oh, and one more thing. Come here little one."

He perks and turns around, tilting his head at her. "What..?"

She smiles and walks over to him, then kneels down again, handing him a lolipop. "That's for being so brave." She pats him on the head and waits for him to go back to Addison.

He stands there for a moment,  his words were caught in his throat. Then after a few seconds he said, "Th..Thanks!" He smiles, his tail swaying slightly, he turns and scampers over to Addison, sitting at his feet and leaning against his shins.

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »
hey, little one, are you ready to go home now?

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »
He nods and lets his tail thump against the floor slightly. "Yeah, let's go."

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
makes his way to the bike, sits down on it and kick starts the engine.

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »
She watches him as he walks out the door, feeling a slight uneasiness.

He stopped and turned around, looking at her. He let out a long sigh and stood there, not wanting to leave.. He would miss how kindly she had treated her.. And he had a feeling he knew her from somewhere.. From a long time ago..

She looks at him, noticing the look in his eye, she begins to step closer to him, and a creak of a door from behind her sounded.

A figure in a black suit and sunglasses would be standing there, it's form large and muscular, it's arms were folded and it spoke in a gruff voice. "Floe, I have some bad news." It stepped toward her and looked down at her with a concerned look on it's face.

She looks up at the large feline, her head tilted to the side. "What is it Xeke? Don't tell me the patient in room 402..."

He shakes his head. "No, Floe. I'm sorry to say this but.. The boss just told me to inform you that.." He sighs and puts a paw on his waist. "You've been fired. I'm sorry.."

She stared at him, wide eyed. "No.. Are you serious.. Xeke? Are you serious...?"

He sighs and frowns, nodding slightly. "I'm afraid so my friend. I'm afraid so."

She stares up at him in disbelief before falling to her knees after a delayed moment, bursting into tears.

He perks and quietly but quickly hurries to her side, putting his small arms around her the best he could, trying to be careful with his newly-broken paw.

He goes to put a paw on her shoulder, and stops, taken aback by the little figure that was suddenly next to her. He searched for the right words to say, then spoke softly to her. "I'm sorry, you really were a good nurse here.. The boss is just an.. Well you know." He looks to the little figure next to her, then asks, "And.. Who might this be?"

His eyes widen and he scrambles behind her, terrified of the large being.

[/color]She wipes her tears on her sleeves and goes to look at Bax before blinking, notincing he wasn't there she shakes her head and looks back to Xeke, realizing where he'd disappeared to. "This is.. This.." She couldn't tell him, as the answer was burried deep within her memory. "Hunny.. What's your name?"

He turns a deep red before speaking from behind her. "My name.. Floe.. It's me.. Bax.."

[/color]She stares at the tile under her, her eyes wide, the memories rushing back to her. "Baxter... Baxter Saint...?"

He nods, slowly stepping out from behind her. "Yeah.. That's me alright.."

[/color]She puts her arms around him, pulling him close and holding him tight. "Oh my god Baxter.. I missed you so much... You have no idea.. But.. Wait.. Didn't.." She begins to loosen her grip, feeling a little uneasy again. "Didn't... You die? When that train.. Your paw got caught in the tracks.. And the train.. It.. I thought you'd been dead.. For so many years I've thought you've been dead.. How did you..?"

I pulled as hard as I could and that's how I broke my wrist.. After I pulled it out I rolled over and layed next to the train as it passed by me..  My vision had begun to fade, and by the time the train had passed, you were already nearly out of sight and I knew there was no way I could catch up with you.. I'd missed you.. I thought maybe I would see you again but I had a feeling that told me otherwise.."

[/color]She pulls him closer to her and holds him tighter. "I.. I'm so glad you're okay.."

He shifts his weight to his other hip and tilts his head, folding his arms again and looking down at the two. "Hmm.. Interesting.. Well I'm glad you two found each other.. But Floe, you have to leave now, before boss becomes suspi--"

"--The boss can bite me, and you. Let's all leave. You.. Me.. Bax.. Let's go."

He thinks on this for a moment, then nods. "Yeah, I agree. I'm tired of the boss. Let's
go." He lowers a large paw to her to help her up.

She takes his paw and stands up, bringing Bax along with her.

He had nothing to say, but he agreed fully and began to walk towards the door, leading the others out with a smile, his tail swaying back and forth as he made his way to the threshold.

[/color]She followed at Xeke's side, watching Bax with a smile.
He smirked and watched the small thing infront of them with the candy in it's mouth, the end stickign out of his mouth.

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
revs the engine of the bike and starts to do donuts on the parkinglot waiting for bax

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2007, 04:41:21 PM »
He smirks and stops, watching Addison.

[/color]She nods to Xeke and runs off to the floor under the one the others were on. She approaches her bike and hops up onto it, slipping her riding jacket and helmet on, zipping it up and reving the engine.  She kicks the kickstand and lowers her form to lay against the bike, speeding up and flicking a switch on the side of the bike. The bike rockets towards the wall with such a force it would have torn her clear from the bike had she not been in the position she was. She closed in toward the wall quickly, then slowed and skidded around the corner, rocketing up the ramp to the upper floor and stopping several yards from Addison, just barely missing him on her way there.

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
are we ready to go? who's comming with me by the way?

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
She grins and calls Bax over.

He perks and runs to Floe with a smile, hopping up onto her bike and wrapping his paws around her.

He blinks and looks over to Addison, then walters over to him. "I guess I'm coming with you this time.. Heh. The name's Xeke." He puts out a paw.

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Addison Shakespeare
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »
kool xeke, hop on and hold on, this bike can go 350+ mph

Offline Eibhleann

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »
Xeke grins and hops on, then wraps his paws awkwardly around addison. He nods to Floe and watches the two zoom off, then waits for Addison to go.