The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 437 times)

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
Greetings
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »
I am new to the furry fandom and I'm not sure what to expect. There are a lot of different things that people say that furries are about but I want to know what being a furry means to you.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
Hello Oanta. Nice to meet you.

To me, the fandom's main aspects are RPing, general acceptance of others, and an open-mindedness towards people of different nationalities, orientations, genders, races, age, and the like. Overall, it's just a bunch of typically welcoming people to be around. The use of a fursona, at least in my opinion, is often done as a form of unique expression not possible in any ther way, as every aspect of a fursona, down to it's base physiology, is up for alteration to a person's preferrence.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Oanta

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Gray and Red
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Average Muscled build
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 09:47:48 AM »
Well, after much research and internal processing I have determined that I am a wolf. My fursona can be feral or anthropomorphic depending on the situation. Either way,  he has dark gray fur with red accents through his body. In anthro form, he wears a coat with samurai pants that are black with red accents. My fursona tries to convey strength, intelligence, and understanding while still showing the resolve to get done what needs to be done.  This is closely related to my own persona, or at least who I would like to be.

I have been to Anime conventions and will continue to go since my wife and I started dating at one. I'm not sure yet how intense I will be about any furry things while I'm there but I have some time to think about it before the next one. In the meantime I will try to work on my art skills so that I might be able to draw my own fursona.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 05:00:27 PM »
Greetings I am Zaida the alien hybrid and goddess welcome to the furry community. If you need help be sure to Pm me and I'll assist you. Hope you enjoy your stay here, Farewell.